• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel 10th Gen Core i9 KA Series Listed, More Comet Lake-S CPUs Incoming?

System Name HAL9000
Processor Intel Core I7 2600K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Cooling Scythe Mugen 3
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Geforce GTX560Ti DirectCU II
Storage Seagate Barracuda 750GB
Display(s) ASUS VW248H
Case Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
Audio Device(s) Logitech S220
Power Supply Seasonic M12II 620 EVO
Mouse Logitech G300
Keyboard Logitech K200
Software Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Thanks! Did I miss where it shows what exactly the rating is compared to?

I see this - "Starting Athlon XP family, all AMD processors were marked with rated speed. Please see AMD Athlon XP identification page for relationship between rated speed and actual speed of AMD Athlon XP microprocessors."

But I don't see what the rating is based on (even when I click), just that there is a rating instead of actual speed which we already know.

Last edited:
System Name HAL9000
Processor Intel Core I7 2600K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Cooling Scythe Mugen 3
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Geforce GTX560Ti DirectCU II
Storage Seagate Barracuda 750GB
Display(s) ASUS VW248H
Case Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
Audio Device(s) Logitech S220
Power Supply Seasonic M12II 620 EVO
Mouse Logitech G300
Keyboard Logitech K200
Software Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Thanks! Did I miss where it shows what exactly the rating is compared to?

I see this - "Starting Athlon XP family, all AMD processors were marked with rated speed. Please see AMD Athlon XP identification page for relationship between rated speed and actual speed of AMD Athlon XP microprocessors."

But I don't see what the rating is based on (even when I click), just that there is a rating instead of actual speed.

is in the middle of the page under the Athlon Xp 1600+ description:

1600 MHz (rated), 1400 MHz (real)
266 MHz bus speed
Staggered organic PGA (Socket A/Socket 462)

All Athlon XP microprocessors had rated speed. According to AMD, the rated speed could be used to estimate processor's performance relative to Athlon Thunderbird processors. When compared to Pentium 4 Williamette processors, the XP's rated speed was about 200 - 300 MHz lower than the speed of equally performing Pentium 4. For example, this AMD Athlon XP 1600+ was comparable to Pentium 4 1.8 or 1.9 GHz processors, and it was not uncommon for the XP 1600+ to outperform Pentium 4 Williamette 2 GHz in some benchmarks.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
is in the middle of the page under the Athlon Xp 1600+ description:

1600 MHz (rated), 1400 MHz (real)
266 MHz bus speed
Staggered organic PGA (Socket A/Socket 462)

All Athlon XP microprocessors had rated speed. According to AMD, the rated speed could be used to estimate processor's performance relative to Athlon Thunderbird processors. When compared to Pentium 4 Williamette processors, the XP's rated speed was about 200 - 300 MHz lower than the speed of equally performing Pentium 4. For example, this AMD Athlon XP 1600+ was comparable to Pentium 4 1.8 or 1.9 GHz processors, and it was not uncommon for the XP 1600+ to outperform Pentium 4 Williamette 2 GHz in some benchmarks.
Thank you!!! I did miss that!

However, the next sentence.............

"When compared to Pentium 4 Williamette processors, the XP's rated speed was about 200 - 300 MHz lower than the speed of equally performing Pentium 4. For example, this AMD Athlon XP 1600+ was comparable to Pentium 4 1.8 or 1.9 GHz processors, and it was not uncommon for the XP 1600+ to outperform Pentium 4 Williamette 2 GHz in some benchmarks."

Though you are correct (thanks!) I feel that a more common use for many users is to compare it against the Pentiums, lol. Akin to saying Kleenex vs tissues. :p

EDIT: In a post that never made it to light, I was going to mention how people even had a clue on performance if it was based on thunderbird athlons compared to Intel... that's a curious naming scheme IMO.

EDIT2: This is a good read - https://techreport.com/review/2975/amds-athlon-xp-1800-processor/

Last edited: