• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Warner Bros. Games and DC Announce Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Warner Bros. Games and DC today announced Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, a new genre-bending action-adventure shooter that can be played solo or with up to four players in online co-op. Based on iconic DC characters and developed by Rocksteady Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham series, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League combines the studio's signature character-driven story gameplay with third-person shooter action to deliver a gaming experience unlike any other. The game will be available worldwide in 2022 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and PC.

Featuring an original narrative set in the DC universe, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League takes place in a richly detailed open-world Metropolis. The story follows Suicide Squad members Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark who must take on an impossible mission to save Earth and kill the world's greatest DC Super Heroes, The Justice League. Restrained with lethal explosives implanted in their heads, all four DC Super-Villains have no choice but to band together and carry out this untenable assignment as part of Amanda Waller's infamous Task Force X. Fans can tailor their experience, whether playing on their own as a single player, switching between characters at will, or teaming up with friends in multiplayer co-op.

"Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League showcases Rocksteady Studios' ability to combine masterful storytelling and compelling gameplay based on well-known DC characters," said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Games. "The team is creating a genre-defining experience that brings the formidable Suicide Squad to life in a way that has never been done before."

"Our team is excited to officially announce Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and provide a glimpse into our latest project," said Sefton Hill, Creative Director and Co-founder, Rocksteady Studios. "We're introducing an original take on the Suicide Squad that combines the rich, character-driven storytelling Rocksteady is known for with innovative gameplay features to create a unique gaming experience."

The playable characters featured in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League are Harley Quinn (a.k.a. Dr. Harleen Quinzel), the mistress of mayhem; Deadshot (a.k.a. Floyd Lawton), the most dangerous marksman alive; Captain Boomerang (a.k.a. Digger Harkness), Aussie assassin extraordinaire; and King Shark (a.k.a. Nanaue), the demigod humanoid shark and rightful ruler of the seas. Each squad member has their own unique moveset with enhanced traversal abilities to freely explore the dynamic open-world of Metropolis, along with a variety of weapons to customize and skills to master.

Metropolis, along with a variety of weapons to customize and skills to master.

To learn more about Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, visit this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M
Cooling Ice Hammer IH-4***
Memory 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair
Video Card(s) Asus HD7870 2GB
Storage 500GB SATAII Samsung | 500GB SATAII Seagate
Display(s) 23" LG 23EA63V-P
Case Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
Audio Device(s) VIA VT1708S
Power Supply Corsair TX650W
Software Windows 10 x64
Ugh, I dunno. It's just like Gotham Knights but during the day, down to 4 player coop.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Ugh, DC comics need to reboot that franchise. Suicide squad was a flop and the more recent Harely Quinn movie (Birds of Prey) was equally cringeworthy.

They seem to lack writers with any talent and a cohesive universe in which to set those characters.

The fact it's being turned into a game signals the end of that line (and desperation) on WB's part.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Ugh, DC comics need to reboot that franchise. Suicide squad was a flop and the more recent Harely Quinn movie (Birds of Prey) was equally cringeworthy.

They seem to lack writers with any talent and a cohesive universe in which to set those characters.

The fact it's being turned into a game signals the end of that line (and desperation) on WB's part.

I actually liked the 2016 Suicide Squad movie. having said that there is an upcoming 2021 " The Suicide Squad" movie.

So this isn't the end of the line. Maybe its a $#!t show and they wont try it again after that but its coming either way,....

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I thought the Gotham Knights was the response to Marvel's Avengers. Having Rocksteady is comforting but time

Processor AMD 5800X
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Memory G.Skill 32GB
Software Windows 10
Did you watch the trailer? It already seems like it's already better written than the 2016 movie.

And while I agree that the Suicide Squad movie was terrible, it wasn't a flop. It made $750 million on a $175 million budget (using the 2.5-3x rule, it was definitely very profitable). Birds of Prey (I thought that was passable and not nearly as bad as Suicide Squad) made $200 million on an $82 million dollar budget (that's just about 2.5x so it probably wasn't profitable at the box office but it probably would be when it moved to digital/home video etc).
So this isn't the end of the line. Maybe its a $#!t show and they wont try it again after that but its coming either way,....
It's directed by James Gunn, so I'm hoping it's good.

As an aside, I'd highly recommend adults (it's not kid-friendly) check out the Harley Quinn animated series on HBO Max. It's fantastic and it often subverts your expectations for DC's characters. Here's a clip that also includes Supes (language warning).

D

Deleted member 177333

Looks terrible. And so does Gotham Knights. Very disappointed in WB Montreal & Rocksteady.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SQr

Birds of Prey was a reboot for sure.

I actually enjoyed both movies. I rewrote portions of Suicide Squad in my brain though: I assumed Superman was still alive, Project Cadmus / Task Force X was actually a decent threat, and that Amanda Waller wasn't so wanton with her murders or incompetent. Sooo... yeah. As long as you ignored the plot, Suicide Squad wasn't that bad.

Birds of Prey was better. They made some questionable decisions for sure, but we're talking about a movie where the climactic fight scene was a roller-blade dirby on trampolines in Harley Quin / Joker's fun-house (which was pretty well recreated from the cartoon). It clearly wasn't a movie to be taken seriously, and it was fun at these parts.

They had a cohesive universe with Man of Steel / Batman vs Superman. Then people realized that the DC Murderverse was antithetical to the very concept of Superman, that Bruce Wayne / Batman running around with guns of all things was a stupid idea (Batman has always been strongly anti-guns. Alternative Universe Thomas Wayne / Batman is a gunslinger and a cool take on the character though...)

There were just too many contradictions to the core character traits of the major players. By the time Suicide Squad came out, it was clear that the universe needed to be reworked, and Suicide Squad was the first movie that was reworked into its schizophrenic form in 2016.

Wonder Woman / Aquaman / Shazam are doing a much better job at staying true to the characters. (Well... ignoring Shazam's "Wisdom of Solomon", but lets just say Billy Batson doesn't know how to invoke that power yet).

Birds of Prey severely changed Cassandra Cain though. I.... really don't know... where they're going with that. Huntress became a joke. Renee Montoya (aka: The Question) was poorly hyped. I don't think people realized that she's actually a superhero from that movie. But her characterization was actually pretty good. Oracle is straight up missing (why?). Its a weird Birds of Prey movie, with weird decisions for sure. But there were enough callbacks to Harley Quinn's character (The Hyena, Joker's Lair / Funhouse, the Baseball Bat) that it was fun for "The Batman" animated fans.