• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Unveils RTX A6000 "Ampere" Professional Graphics Card and A40 vGPU

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
The part that gets you confused is that lack of stock isn't indicative of GPUs not selling well ( or not selling at all ) but quite the opposite !

Dude you are confused this is not what Huang said , what Huang said is that since the demand has been unprecedented he is not expecting cards to be in stock anytime soon . The part that gets you confused is that lack of stock isn't indicative of GPUs not selling well ( or not selling at all ) but quite the opposite !

You don't need GPUs to be physically in stock in order to move them , all resellers have implemented preordering/queuing systems so as soon as they actually receive some physical stock it disapears since this stock is being used to fulfill those preorders . In other words GPUs move so fast that retailers don't even have time to add them to their inventory ( commonly called stock ) .... now i don't know how good your sense of business is but thats the definition of 3rd world problems !

If anything else Huang also declared in the same statement that Nvidia is expecting a very big Q4 season which when translated means , business couldn't be any better for them ........

I'm not saying what you assumed I'm saying. All I pointed out is that your argument has no factual basis. You said:

"Yeah their GPUs being sold out everywhere really shows how disastrous their marketing is ............ :kookoo: "

Given that we have zero data on what exactly constitutes "sold out", it could be anywhere from 0 to 999,999.

I'm not saying sales are good or bad, I'm saying that if you make the argument that sold out = good, you should provide data to back it up.

" all resellers have implemented preordering/queuing systems so as soon as they actually receive some physical stock it disapears since this stock is being used to fulfill those preorders"

It should also be mentioned that pre-ordering and queuing are not the same. Many retailers that accept pre-orders do not queue. Of course it makes sense that they do not, a queue is only useful if you expect an extended period of very low stock. I've pre-ordered plenty of products from Newegg and not once have I seen a queue. I also queued for the index near release and that system was fundamentally different. You'd apply to the queue, be given a time estimate of your product would be ready, and then when it's ready pay for it. If you don't pay for it within 48 hours, you loose your spot. That is the exact same format of queue that EVGA is using. A system like that requires a decent amount of devs hours to create and cannot be done overnight. It makes sense for EVGA to implement a system like that given that Nvidia graphics cards are likely 50% of their business. For others though it may not make sense. I wish it were more common as it can help greatly when new PC parts release.

Last edited: