• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Over 13 Million Gamers Bought Cyberpunk 2077 After Launch and Decided to Keep it: CDPR

I don't see anywhere in original statement that the number excludes pre-orders... It title of this article seems to be wrong.

System Name Cyberdyne Systems Core
Processor AMD Sceptre 9 3950x Quantum neural processor (384 nodes)
Motherboard Cyberdyne X1470
Cooling Cyberdyne Superconduct SC5600
Memory 128TB QRAM
Storage SK 16EB NVMe PCI-E 9.0 x8
Display(s) Multiple LG C9 3D Matrix OLED Cube
Software Skysoft Skynet
Actually, I wasn't going to buy the PSN versions, but I wanted to see what all the complaints were about. This was useful because now I can confidently tell friends and clients/customers not only that it's a good experience, but also how to get that good experience(run the PS4/PS4Pro @720p) for those who already have it and want to run it at it's best.

I could disagree here, but you're right. Dropping down to 720p just to get a game to run well is not an option most people are going to like.

No point running in 720p, only the base console runs it in 720p and it's dynamic so will be above that sometimes, so just leave it in 1080p, not like the game is gonna actually limit the res to 720p just cause the output is set to that either. Also the pro in perf mode runs at 1080p, so really no reason to drop that to 720p, again cause regardless the game will render in 1080p in perf mode. I'd avoid graphics mode though as it's like 1188p and obviously runs worse. PS5 can run the PS4 version at 60fps though.

D

Deleted member 24505

I kinda wish i had not spent 50 quid on it, but will keep it and wait till it is properly fixed before i play through the 30hrs it offers :laugh: If dying light 2 or farcry 6 would have been available i honestly would not have bothered as both of them imo offer a lot more than this does. The only reason it had the hype is the cyberpunk genre, but imo there is still not a game that has utilised the cyberpunk style world and done it justice.

December 21, 2020, 12:50

we must rely on the estimates of the paid version of SteamSpy, according to which production on this digital platform is already owned by over 15.2 million people. For comparison, last Tuesday it was less than 10 million, and last Friday - a little over 11 million.For several days every day the result has increased by an average of a million.

When analyzing SteamSpy's estimates, it is worth remembering that the PC edition is also sold on the Epic Games Store and GOG.com. Especially the latter website should raise the results on PC, as it was the keys to it that were attached to the boxed editions.

Even taking into account the significant drop in the sales dynamics of PS4 and XONE releases and returns, it can be safely assumed that Cyberpunk 2077 has already been in the hands of over 20 million people.

Źródło: https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/cyberpunk-2077-szacunkowa-sprzedaz-doslownie-oszalamia/zd1f02d

f647jhaksm661.jpg

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Seriously? Quit picking nits.
I'm not even sure that's a valid nit to pick. Night city covers a significanly larger area (almost double) than GTAV's Los Santos Edited; I found a better article that more carefully checked the scale of the world maps. Night City itself is around double the 2D area of Los Santos City and unlike Los Santos, CP2077 is has many more vertical layers and many of the buildings are player-interactive, rather than Los Santos' completely decorative buildings, the vast majority of which cannot be entered or explored by players despite GTA V having a larger dev team and much bigger budget to work with. That's partly down to CDPR's attention to detail and partly because the tools used to make game environments have improved in the last 6 years.

1609072371832.png

Compared to W3, Night City and the Badlands is truly vast and more three dimensional.

Last edited:

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
I'm not even sure that's a valid nit to pick. Night city covers a significanly larger area (almost double) than GTAV's Los Santos and unlike Los Santos, CP2077 is far more vertical with both taller buildings than GTA V, and more of the buildings can be entered by players.

GTA V, widely regarded as a big open world game is actually pretty flat and made almost entirely of non-interactive, static buildings that do nothing except take up space. Whilst the percentage of buildings in CP2077 that can be entered by players is still pretty small, it definitely feels like 2-3x more than GTA V.
It definitely has a sense of scale.There are so many nooks and crannies, underground areas as much as vertical areas. I’ve found myself lost on foot more than a few times.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Perhaps things are much worse on PS4, but I don't have access to one. Honestly, for me on XB1S it was pretty consistent. Combat at 20fps is far from ideal but consoles get all the aiming aids given that they've historically been only 30fps and using mushy analogue sticks instead of mice.

I didn't get any horrendous stutters or pauses during action, and whilst I did experience those occasionally, it was only when exiting a building into a densely-populated area right after a scene-change where the game had loaded a new location. Entering a restaurant, for example and leaving it ten minutes later would give me a completely fluid 20fps streetscape. I've yet to encounter a combat situation like that, it's really only been the peaceful exploration phases after a mission or cutscene is done, and the odd stutter is of no impact to the gameplay worth mentioning.
I feel it's only right to post an update to this - My brother-in-law's XB1S copy of CP2077 has been refunded. He said that after playing it for a week he got to missions that started stuttering so badly he became really frustrated with it. I gifted him an old Haswell i5 and found a spare GTX970 to put in it a year ago so he's going to grab it on Steam instead.

This is a guy who played W3 on a GTX 850M at 1366x768 probably under 30fps at all times, so he's no stranger to shitty performance - I guess my brief XB1 experience of CP2077 wasn't enough to paint the whole picture.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Yes, it's best you refrain yourself...
If only. You're just as delightful and pleasant here as you are on TechSpot. I'd love to be able to enable such a function for you, but alas...
How do I block you so I neither see your comments nor you see mine?
Is there a simple button for that?
There's always the ignore button. I try and be open-minded and reasonable in my discussions but sometimes I bump into someone here who is just unable to accept independently-verified facts, follow logic and/or is too stubborn/pedantic/irritating to be worth my time. Sometimes two people are just two different to ever reach any kind of agreement and I find it's better to just let it go than keep fighting. You don't get any special reward or recognition from gaining internet points.

FYI none of those descriptions were directed at either of you two.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Reply ban for next OT post involving this silly 'ignore' discussion. Stay on topic, be civil. If that's too difficult, don't post.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I am one of them. I do not understand the angst that this Game has created. Yes there are bugs (there are always bugs) but does it take away from the enjoyment of the story? I enjoy this Game so much that I am taking my time. As I said in another post I find myself walking around Night City taking in the visuals. At the end of the day it is a Game that has delivered on what it promised. I do believe that because the Game was on everyone's radar from 2019 that the disappointment in some has been realized. I surmise that some people in that time frame contemplated what the Game would be and when it did not fit in that pigeon hole it was deemed a failure.