• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Core i9-11900K CPU-Z Benchmark Score Leaks

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
But still, I don't get it why "gaming" is all that important. I mean, with nowadays game, common denominator is still a GPU. $500 CPU doesn't get anywhere near $500 GPU. Funny until the very end of this decade, people still parroting "CPU for gaming". Well I don't blame them, someone, I mean, some major company still lives in CRT era. Thanks to them, PC community are now laughing stock from console fanboy, they can do UHD 120Hz while we still debating which is faster in 720p and 1080p :rolleyes:

Because PC gaming market has a LOT of players using high refresh rate monitors and very high framerates to play multiplayer games like Apex legends, fortnite, Warzone, pubg, valorant, etc etc. Having a locked 200fps (or more) is great for smooth aiming and low input lag with a Mouse.

Then se have single player gamers where I personally can Cope with a locked synched 60fps without any problema with good eye candy depending on the game.

PC gaming is not all about 4k and textures. Many type of gamers, many experiences.

I like to play RTS games a lot and I do prefer a smooth Mouse behaviour to Control all units and explore the map. And I do prefer high framerates on that type of game, compared to 60hz/60fps

Last edited:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Both are fine.

I go for whatever is price to performance. Intel, believe it or not, has a good price to performance ratio at the moment. A 10400F can be had here for about $200 brand new while 3600 (non x) is $300. The 10400f does perform better on average. The 5600 is a fantastic processor but rather expensive and not available here. Motherboard prices are also through the roof but all in all, a good b460 or z490 can be had at similar price to what AM4 has.

I'm not a fan of how rocket lake looks in that it has only 8c/16t max and integrated GPU. It's a waste imo.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Agreed. The other thing is, with 8 cores maximum, Intel can only compete in the ryzen 5-7 range. Besides, even if they price their new i7 and i9 competitively relative to the ryzen 7 5800X, you still have to pay the Intel motherboard premium. They have to price the new CPUs at least $100 below the 5800X to make total system costs match, which absolutely won't happen.

I didn't mention ryzen 9 on purpose. With 12 and 16 cores, they're a totally different class. Intel proved with the i9-10900K that they can't compete in this class on 14 nm. I just wish to see more innovation at least on the core i7 range, and reasonable prices from both companies in the future.

All things considered, AMD has no reason to drop prices at the moment.

Well, if steam survey is representative (and it's probably over representative, by a wide margin) then > 8 cores amounts to under 1.5% of the market. Since there are boatloads of corporate PCs with zero exposure on Steam, not to mention tons of cheap PCs sold to non gamers and non enthusiasts, that's probably a way high number.

In other words, even within the enthusiast / gaming segment there aren't that many people using > 8 cores, and those 10+ core segments are not growing much. 6 and 8 core are the ones that are growing.

If they wanted to compete in core count for this segment of DIY/enthusiast/gamers they need do nothing more than drop the iGPU, something AMD doesn't have and which takes up 1/3 of the die on a 10700K and about 1/4 on a 10900K.

The fact they aren't doing that and are actually going the other way (bigger / faster iGPU) illustrates where their priority is - the big OEMs. That is Intel's real primary customer, and those 4650 Zen 2 APUs haven't really made a dent in that.

Intel has had 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18 core 14nm X-Series since gen 7 for those that really want big core counts. Those are labelled as their enthusiast chips to start with, and they don't have iGPU. It will be interesting if rocket lake makes it into those.

Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
I go for whatever is price to performance. Intel, believe it or not, has a good price to performance ratio at the moment. A 10400F can be had here for about $200 brand new while 3600 (non x) is $300. The 10400f does perform better on average.
10400F (at ~145€) is about half the price of 5600X (~300€) at the moment, at least in Europe. It does not perform better, both lower IPC and runs at lower clocks but the performance cap it has (while lower than 5600X's) is high enough that GPU you need to exceed the cap on higher resolutions is in a whole different price range. Basically it is the exact same argument Ryzen 1000/2000 (and partially 3000) had :)

If they wanted to compete in core count for this segment of DIY/enthusiast/gamers they need do nothing more than drop the iGPU, something AMD doesn't have and which takes up 1/3 of the die on a 10700K and about 1/4 on a 10900K.

The fact they aren't doing that and are actually going the other way (bigger / faster iGPU) illustrates where their priority is - the big OEMs. That is Intel's real primary customer, and those 4650 Zen 2 APUs haven't really made a dent in that.
In addition to OEM targets and actually not creating too many different dies, why not have iGPU? It is genuinely a value-add. It does not limit performance in any significant way and the only downside is some additional production cost (which may or may not transfer directly to consumer). The fact that AMD doesn't have one is probably a good motivation to keep it.

That additional die space is not useful for more cores in Intel's case anyway, the amount of cores is limited primarily by power.

Last edited:
Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
I mean, with nowadays game, common denominator is still a GPU.

Nowadays? The GPU has always been the dominant factor when it comes to gaming. The rest is a bunch of people having a zero sum argument about who has the right or wrong part in their PC based on benchmarks they may not be able to achieve or even see with their current set up and by the time they can achieve and see said benchmarks they will have moved on to a new platform.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
In addition to OEM targets and actually not creating too many different dies, why not have iGPU? It is genuinely a value-add. It does not limit performance in any significant way and the only downside is some additional production cost (which may or may not transfer directly to consumer). The fact that AMD doesn't have one is probably a good motivation to keep it.

I think it is there because the OEMs want it, not because it's useful to DIY / enthusiasts. I always point out, 85% of the PCs sold are those big OEMs, and 2/3 of the client PC market is laptops. From what I can tell, the number of discrete GPUs sold even this past year where they've sold gangbusters is less than 10% of the number of CPUs sold.

That would imply that something over 90% of all client PCs are running an iGPU or AMD APU.

What I'm saying is that PCs with a dGPU are actually a small market segment. I wouldn't call it "niche", but catering to the < 10% has hidden costs. It's probably just not cost effective to split production up that way, plus the iGPU has uses even in the presence of a dGPU. Strategically, making sure that iGPU is there in 99% of situations helps them maintain developer support. This may be even more of a factor beyond encoding / streaming uses with AI coming into play.

Case fancier than yours
Well, if steam survey is representative (and it's probably over representative, by a wide margin) then > 8 cores amounts to under 1.5% of the market. Since there are boatloads of corporate PCs with zero exposure on Steam, not to mention tons of cheap PCs sold to non gamers and non enthusiasts, that's probably a way high number.
The majority of people still game at 1080p with a 60 refresh rate. I post on some game sites in their hardware sections and for every person looking to do a build to run the game at max levels there is a person posting trying to get the game to work at the lowest levels. It's easy to look at our builds on the forum and think everyone has something similar but we are the enthusiasts of the PC world not the norm.

Last edited:
Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
@RandallFlagg, DIY/enthusiasts are not a big enough segment to warrant separate dies :D

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
10400F (at ~145€) is about half the price of 5600X (~300€) at the moment, at least in Europe. It does not perform better, both lower IPC and runs at lower clocks but the performance cap it has (while lower than 5600X's) is high enough that GPU you need to exceed the cap on higher resolutions is in a whole different price range. Basically it is the exact same argument Ryzen 1000/2000 (and partially 3000) had :)

That additional die space is not useful for more cores in Intel's case anyway, the amount of cores is limited primarily by power.

But I am not wrong in saying it performs better than 3600 which is my statement.

Hence why to me it is a far better buy at this point in time. Cheaper than 3600, 5600 isn't available and its price is over $400 here in Canada (ranges from $400 if you buy bulk to $450).

iGPU is a waste on the die for higher end models. I doubt it is limited by power for those cores. I understand people do want a igpu but the same people spending on anything higher than a 10600 is probably going to have a dgpu already, and that is with prebuild companies (Acer and the like). Never seen ones here in Canada that has a 10600 and that doesn't have a dgpu.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
But I am not wrong in saying it performs better than 3600 which is my statement.

Hence why to me it is a far better buy at this point in time. Cheaper than 3600, 5600 isn't available and its price is over $400 here in Canada (ranges from $400 if you buy bulk to $450).

iGPU is a waste on the die for higher end models. I doubt it is limited by power for those cores. I understand people do want a igpu but the same people spending on anything higher than a 10600 is probably going to have a dgpu already, and that is with prebuild companies (Acer and the like). Never seen ones here in Canada that has a 10600 and that doesn't have a dgpu.

There are tons of iGPU systems being sold so saying you've never seen a 10600+ without a dGPU is kinda hyperbolic. I just pulled up the #1 selling i7 desktop at Best Buy and it is an HP Envy with a 10700 and uses an iGPU. #2 has a dGPU, but #3-6 are iGPU 10700's.

For gaming, unless you have a 2070 Super or higher higher any cores beyond 6 with performance beyond a 10400 or R5 3600 is a complete waste. Most of what is selling right now is the 1660 Super / Ti. You can occupy one of those just fine with an i3-10100.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
But still, I don't get it why "gaming" is all that important.
It's not any more important than non-gaming, it's just a topic of contention because Intel have been losing to AMD so catastrophically in every other metric for the last few years that "gaming" is all they have left and they're constantly banging that drum with FUD and distraction tactics. Their PR department is running in overdrive, sponsoring videos, branding products, and focusing on Intel's gaming prowess over AMD.

That tiny, insignificant Intel advantage right here:
1609610152461.png

....is literally the only thing good about Intel right now. That is the one, the only, performance win Intel have, if you can even call it relevant enough to be a win. It's almost completely irrelevant, it's extremely petty, and it's very misleading if you look at it in isolation.

But, it's all they've got. They're flogging this dead horse so hard that there's almost nothing left of the original corpse at this point and every time an Intel fanboy swallows that misleading info and goes on a rabid crusade about how Intel are still faster than AMD, it is another victory for Intel's marketing department. All they have to do is ignore the stupid platform segmentation, the costs, the security vulnerabilities, the power consumption, the cooling requirements, the productivity performance, the missing platform features, the lack of upgradeability, the list of negatives that fanboys simply don't talk about because they've swallowed the Intel marketing is so huge that you basically need to be oblivious to fact and so closed-minded as to be deaf to any and all arguments :p

Last edited:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
There are tons of iGPU systems being sold so saying you've never seen a 10600+ without a dGPU is kinda hyperbolic. I just pulled up the #1 selling i7 desktop at Best Buy and it is an HP Envy with a 10700 and uses an iGPU. #2 has a dGPU, but #3-6 are iGPU 10700's.

For gaming, unless you have a 2070 Super or higher higher any cores beyond 6 with performance beyond a 10400 or R5 3600 is a complete waste. Most of what is selling right now is the 1660 Super / Ti. You can occupy one of those just fine with an i3-10100.

I checked back and couldn't find any link you provided regarding it. So I apologize if I have missed it.

It is possible outside of Canada such machines are very popular but that is a terrible deal all in its own to pair such a wonky setup. I know OEM's are rather much like that were they do odd pairings or setups altogether. I just never recommend those setups to anybody who orders from me. I tell them if they are to game, a dgpu is more important than the cpu. Office machines do not need a high end processor. At my other job, I have to do heavy cpu work with various scripts we build to automate processes. Most of it works fine with very little difference in performance between using a i3 and an i7. So a build where there is an i7 and a iGPU always left me scratching my head.

And yes, I agree with your second point.

Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
It's not any more important than non-gaming, it's just a topic of contention because Intel have been losing to AMD so catastrophically in every other metric for the last few years that "gaming" is all they have left and they're constantly banging that drum with FUD and distraction tactics. Their PR department is running in overdrive, sponsoring videos, branding products, and focusing on Intel's gaming prowess over AMD.
This is an interesting point of view. And I would argue at least for Intel 10-series vs Ryzen 3000 and earlier you are wrong. Something like 10400F vs 3600, 10600K vs 3600X, 10700K vs 3700X shows they are about on par with performance, about the same price and Intel was actually cheaper before Ryzen 3000 got really cheap in anticipation of Ryzen 5000. What Intel was and is losing at is power consumption.

Where AMD really got ahead is Ryzen 5000 which is a very recent development and comes at a price. While prices may vary in regions, EU prices seem to be at least on par with performance difference.
10600K is about 225€ right now, full 25% cheaper than 5600X - the cheapest Ryzen 5000 - at 300€.
10700 is ~300€ with 10700K at 350€, 33% and 22% cheaper than 5800X. There is even a 10c/20t 10850K at ~425€ that is slightly cheaper than 5800X.

The other part where Intel clearly does not have an answer is 12/16 core CPUs.

Last edited:
System Name S.L.I + RTX research rig
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X 3D.
Motherboard MSI MEG ACE X570
Cooling Corsair H150i Cappellx
Memory Corsair Vengeance pro RGB 3200mhz 16Gbs
Video Card(s) 2x Dell RTX 2080 Ti in S.L.I
Storage Western digital Sata 6.0 SDD 500gb + fanxiang S660 4TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
Display(s) HP X24i
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Power Supply EVGA G+1600watts
Mouse Corsair Scimitar
Keyboard Cosair K55 Pro RGB
Haha ... this was made with special watercooling maybe outside. At Stock this 11900k is faster than ryzen 5950x at stock. With OC this 11900k is the fastest SC CPU.

Here is the problem: you have to pay again 550 Bucks for this i9 with only 8 cores. At the end of the year you will see Alderlake (new socket1700, new DDR5, maybe PCI-E 5.0).

he also has it at 713 too. You're right about pricing
I just hope they don't try to price the thing around the 5950x's price that would be an awful mistake from intel. I could seem them doing this because it's "The fastest gaming CPU"
edit: my notification on here are awful slow lately :/

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
AMD 30 series prices dropped mostly because amd flooded the market
If they do the same with 50 series the same will happen retail stores don't care they just don't want to be stuck with old series stock.

Intel has the best price drops atm with a lot in stock
Even amd 30 series back up in price because no 50 series are in stock.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
I am just waiting on to see if there is a clear difference in gaming with PCI-e 4.0 vs 3.0 with NVME in the future due to texture streaming being pushed for consoles. If there is, then I can upgrade with my existing z490. If there isn't and it doesn't matter between the two PCIe's, then I am just gonna buy a 10900 ES chip from Aliexpress for cheap.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Keyboard G710+x3
I am just waiting on to see if there is a clear difference in gaming with PCI-e 4.0 vs 3.0 with NVME in the future due to texture streaming being pushed for consoles. If there is, then I can upgrade with my existing z490. If there isn't and it doesn't matter between the two PCIe's, then I am just gonna buy a 10900 ES chip from Aliexpress for cheap.
Hi,
Canada yeah I looked at micro center stock 10900k down to 499.us
Maybe check out B&H before

Case fancier than yours
You will be waiting a while

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
But, it's all they've got. They're flogging this dead horse so hard that there's almost nothing left of the original corpse at this point and every time an Intel fanboy swallows that misleading info and goes on a rabid crusade about how Intel are still faster than AMD, it is another victory for Intel's marketing department. All they have to do is ignore the stupid platform segmentation, the costs, the security vulnerabilities, the power consumption, the cooling requirements, the productivity performance, the missing platform features, the lack of upgradeability, the list of negatives that fanboys simply don't talk about because they've swallowed the Intel marketing is so huge that you basically need to be oblivious to fact and so closed-minded as to be deaf to any and all arguments :p

Actually, what they got is cheap multi-core chips in stock... the 10850K and a 10700K are dirt cheap and awesome for gaming (since there's almost no difference between the top chips anyways.)

I was able to snag a 10 core 10850k for $380 and you can still pick it up for $400.
1609625826391.png

That's basically a $400 10900K... less than the cost of a 5800x, and in stock, ready to ship.

AMD on the other hand....
1609625936824.png

Keyboard G710+x3
Hi,
Yep amd prices are high still so is their single core scores though lol

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Hi,
Yep amd prices are high still so is their single core scores though lol

Yeah they are seriously awesome -- just not enough supply.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
You will be waiting a while
That is what I'm also thinking. That the difference will be nothing. But I tend to upgrade every 5 or so years.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
For me this is truly representative of superior performance because ST + 8 cores remain the optimal configuration. Most of AMD's success is build upon the 10nm failure and not genuine architectural innovation.
Hmmm.....

Do you enjoy being ignorant? It's pretty obvious that AMD had made a number of massive architectural leaps the last 4 years, and that is very simple to measure.

Meanwhile, at intel HQ, they are FINALLY moving away from haswell+++++ and are going to Rocketlake, which is STILL on 14nm +++. It would appear that it is intel, not AMD, who have utterly failed at architectural upgrades and are relying on absurd clock speeds and heat output to compete.

Keyboard G710+x3
Hi,
Think all Intel releases qualify as Lavalakes lol