• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DeepCool Intros GAMMAXX L240 A-RGB and L360 A-RGB AIO Liquid CPU Coolers

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
DeepCool today updated its GAMMAXX line of all-in-one liquid closed-loop CPU coolers, with the new GAMMAXX L240 A-RGB and L360 A-RGB. These are functionally the same coolers as the GAMMAXX L-series, but with a handful updates, such as an ambient air pressure balancer, and new addressable-RGB LED lighting elements on the pump-block and the included 120 mm fans. Each of the included 120 mm A-RGB fans spins between 500 to 1,800 RPM, pushing up to 69.34 CFM of air-flow, at up to 2.42 mm H₂O static pressure, and up to 30 dBA noise output. The fans feature hydro-dynamic bearings. Among the CPU socket types supported include AM4, LGA1200, and LGA2066. The company didn't reveal pricing.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name (2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C
Processor Intel Extreme QX9770 @ 3.8GHz (No OC)
Motherboard Dell LGA 775 (Dell Propiatary)
Cooling Dell AIO Ceramic Water Cooling (Dell Propiatary)
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4) DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB (2016 ebay-used)
Storage (2) WD 1TB Velociraptor & (1) WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Alienware 34" AW3420DW (Amazon Warehouse)
Case Stock Dell 730x with "X" Side Panel (65 pounds fully decked out)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium & Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Power Supply PSU: 1000 Watt (Dell Propiatary)
Mouse Alienware AW610M (Amazon Warehouse)
Keyboard Corsair K95 XT (Amazon Warehouse)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate & Alienware FX Lighting
Benchmark Scores No Benchmarking & Overclocking
The socket dimensions for the newly Alder Lake mandated LGA-1700 is about 7.5mm taller than Intel's current LGA 1200 socket and this forcing all mobo architectures later this year to dramatically changing. PCIE 5.0 and DDR5 are the angels of the morning. Meaning that the GAMMAXX will essentially be obsolete by the end of this year since their current chipset AIO water block will not fit or cover the new rectangular Z590 CPU molds. This I think will most certainly make people think twice before investing in a new or upgraded (costly) AIO in the months to come. I am curious in how the industry or AIO sellers will handle this matter? Will buyers in fact get a FREE new fitting Z590 waterblock (with detachable tubing) since by November 2021 (when Alder Lake hits the market) the GAMMAXX essentially becoming unusable. Would you buy a used GAMMAXX installed only for a few months from me before I upgrade to Alder Lake? Thoughts?

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
The socket dimensions for the newly Alder Lake mandated LGA-1700 is about 7.5mm taller than Intel's current LGA 1200 socket and this forcing all mobo architectures later this year to dramatically changing. PCIE 5.0 and DDR5 are the angels of the morning. Meaning that the GAMMAXX will essentially be obsolete by the end of this year since their current chipset AIO water block will not fit or cover the new rectangular Z590 CPU molds. This I think will most certainly make people think twice before investing in a new or upgraded (costly) AIO in the months to come. I am curious in how the industry or AIO sellers will handle this matter? Will buyers in fact get a FREE new fitting Z590 waterblock (with detachable tubing) since by November 2021 (when Alder Lake hits the market) the GAMMAXX essentially becoming unusable. Would you buy a used GAMMAXX installed only for a few months from me before I upgrade to Alder Lake? Thoughts?

A couple of things.

We do not know for sure when Alder Lake will come out. Intel makes a lot of promises.

Also

What are the chances people are going to upgrade to it right off the bat? I am assuming not many.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
without a 140mm fan entry, this is of no real interest. It just falls into the category of all the other 120mm fan coolers = no big deal, but it has RGB!.

The socket dimensions for the newly Alder Lake mandated LGA-1700 is about 7.5mm taller than Intel's current LGA 1200 socket and this forcing all mobo architectures later this year to dramatically changing.
What makes you certain that this change of socket dimensions will also mean completely new mounting hole spacing?
I don't recall any source (yet) confirming such thing. Socket 11xx/1200 hole spacing can fit such cpus - it's up to intel to keep it or not.

What makes you certain that this change of socket dimensions will also mean completely new mounting hole spacing?
I don't recall any source (yet) confirming such thing. Socket 11xx/1200 hole spacing can fit such cpus - it's up to intel to keep it or not.
The amazing thing is that no AIO sellers so far have come forward publicly to address this issue or question. And just keeping on selling. Reality is that we are now only 9-10 months away from Alder Lake hitting the ground. My statement to the current AIO sellers: "Please give me a peace of mind and what's ahead before I open my pocketbook." I am not certain of anything but feel that if a CPU is not covered 100% because the chip is simply too large and rectangular, how can it be cooled effectively. Intel on the other hand was smart and already advised many months ago that Alder Lake will force a new LGA1700 motherboard purchase primarily based on the new CPU and socket sizing. We are living in interesting times and now with two (2) Intel CPU generation's being proffered only within a few months of each other. I guess the heat is on from AMD and Intel changing all the rules and taking off the gloves?

The amazing thing is that no AIO sellers so far have come forward publicly to address this issue or question.
Even if they have the information, they can't speak openly because of amazing power of NDAs.
I am not certain of anything but feel that if a CPU is not covered 100% because the chip is simply too large and rectangular, how can it be cooled effectively.
Somehow TR4/TRX4 is waay bigger, and universal aios have no problem supporting it, even though the contact area can be less than half (!)
Anyway, non-square package doesn't automatically mean non-square contact area. Take a look at socket 2066 cpus for example.
This is not a problem.
Intel on the other hand was smart and already advised many months ago that Alder Lake will force a new LGA1700 motherboard purchase primarily based on the new CPU and socket sizing.
Can you provide sources for this?
All the information we have regarding the new socket is through leaks, I don't recall Intel ever mentioning "1700" publicly.

Low quality post by Tom Sunday
Intel has already publicly confirmed that its 1st 10nm based desktop lineup, Alder Lake will be launching in the second half of 2021. Wccftech has a decent report on this and on the much bigger CPU. But I do highly recommend for all to carefully read the transcripts addressing "Intel's Quarterly Earning Reports" as those more often than not shed information not seen or understood by the masses. The next call is on Thursday, January 28, 2021. Keep an eye out and then form your own opinion.