• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Release Likely March 12th

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
The EA-announced, Bioware-developed love letter to the original Mass Effect trilogy will be seeing a remastered once-over that brings the games' graphics up to today's standards. As much as possible, of course, whilst keeping the "Remaster" tag instead of the "remake" one - it seems that the Legendary Edition of the original Mass Effect will still keep those long treks on scannable planets. The improved versions of the original trilogy of games will feature improved graphics, alongside higher resolution and refresh rate support. The Legendary Edition will further bring together all the pre and post-launch DLC for each release, bringing those together for a cohesive package.

The 12th march release date is derived from release dates online stores Shopitree and GSShop have attached to the game, and has since been confirmed by Eurogamer, whose site editor Tom Phillips added that "...barring any further delays, Eurogamer understands the above date to be currently accurate". It seems we won't have long to wait until we can vault through the stars against the Reapers once more.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Well at least I might get to play 10 hrs on EA Play to see if this is worth it. 2 was one of the best PC Games I ever played but 3 did not even spark aa bit of interest in me.

Yet another remaster? How mentally drained and creatively bankrupt are todays AAA game developers? No new ideas on horizon? Gaming industry is becoming 2nd Hollywood.

Yet another remaster? How mentally drained and creatively bankrupt are todays AAA game developers? No new ideas on horizon? Gaming industry is becoming 2nd Hollywood.

It's what fans have been begging for, so to please the fans they are doing it, and it's probably a 1 / 4 of their team that is doing it so the others are working on projects.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Will there be a director's cut edition coming out next year too?

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
I am scared they will fuck it up, but I am looking forward to reviews.

Maybe don't comment on things you know nothing about?
The games are old as hell and quite dated, yet still extremely popular.
I know I am buying this, and I haven't even finished ME2 yet.

Well, I certainly WANT this remaster if it's done right.
(I got ME1 running with a half decent mod pack and fixed the AMD CPU shadow issue... but I'd love to replay ME1 with better quality textures. I like all the games in the trilogy. They screwed up trying to capitalize on Multiplayer so stripped out the core features that made it a great single player game when ME Andromeda came out. Ugh.)
I've never understood why people whine about remasters as a general concept. You aren't forced to buy the game. The company wants to make money. People who want an older game in an improved state get what they want (hopefully). So win-win. And if the company makes a profit they can put that towards a new game. Win, win, win.