• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A Christmas Miracle: 500,000 NVIDIA RTX 3080 Cards Found in Lost Shipping Container

System Name Room Heater Pro
Processor i9-13900KF
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI
Cooling Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX 420mm
Memory Kingston Renegade RGB, 32GB 2x2x16GB, DDR5, 6400MHz, CL32
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock OC 24GB
Storage Kingston FURY Renegade Gen.4, 4TB, NVMe, M.2.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ, 47.5", 4K, OLED, 138Hz, 0.1 ms, G-SYNC
Case Thermaltake View 51 TG ARGB
Power Supply Asus ROG Thor, 1200W Platinum
Mouse Logitech Pro X Superlight 2
Keyboard Logitech G213 RGB
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 21H2
We live in an age when some people think elections are stolen even after tens of different judges confirm there was nothing wrong with the elections. Having this article posted as a joke with only that small grayed-out mention about the "Spanish Fool Day", that many people will not even read, is not ideal under these circumstances. This is how "fake news" are born. Some people will believe anything, no matter how obviously fake it is. The article should be edited to make it clearer for everyone it is not real. And, in the future, it might be better to refrain from posting such "articles" at all.

Rei

System Name 1 Desktop/2 Laptops/1 Netbook
Processor AMD Athon X2 64/Intel Pentium 997/Intel Pentium 4/Intel Atom
Motherboard EpoX ATX motherboard/Samsung/Toshiba/Lenovo
Cooling Stock
Memory 4 GB/4 GB/2 GB/2 GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti/Intel HD Graphics/GeForce 4MX/Intel GMA
Storage 6+ TB Total
Display(s) HP Pavilion 14 Inch 1024x768@60Hz 4:3 Aspect Ratio CRT Monitor
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Power Supply Seasonic 500 Watt & VenomRX 500 Watt
Mouse Wayes Iron Man Wireless Mouse
Keyboard Rexus VR2 Wireless Keyboard
Software Win10 & WinXP SP3
Benchmark Scores It sucks...
And, in the future, it might be better to refrain from posting such "articles" at all.
And why not? Everyone does it, even companies does it too. So why should TechPowerUp be the exception.
Having this article posted as a joke with only that small grayed-out mention about the "Spanish Fool Day", that many people will not even read, is not ideal under these circumstances. This is how "fake news" are born. Some people will believe anything, no matter how obviously fake it is.
I'm sorry for offending anyone in this thread who were fooled but they probably had it coming if they didn't even bother to read the disclaimer. I know I made my fair share of mistakes being fooled before. Also "fake news" isn't really "fake" if they made it known that it was a joke from the get-go even if under fine print.
The article should be edited to make it clearer for everyone it is not real.
Don't be such a killjoy. That just defeats the purpose of "Fool's Day" which is fun jokes of fooling anyone who didn't pay attention.

Last edited:
System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Don't be such a killjoy. That just defeats the purpose of "Fool's Day" which is fun jokes of fooling anyone who didn't pay attention.
This.
Mocking angry people who don't pay attention is the whole point.
It's internationally-accepted trolling. If you can't handle it, go and live under a rock in the desert.

View attachment 183773

The fact that it was a joke was literally there.
Yep I noticed that but to late lol. Anyway this was sent to me from a friend working on the tech industry and he felt for it to lol so I figured it was real news and immediately was filled With rage lol

Gotta look in the mirror on who you just insulted, dude. You're the one who fell for it. :laugh: :roll: :slap:
Yep I noticed that but to late lol. Anyway this was sent to me from a friend working on the tech industry and he felt for it to lol so I figured it was real news and immediately was filled With rage :fear: