• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD is Preparing RDNA-Based Cryptomining GPU SKUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Soon the crypto market will crash and nobody will buy these crypto miner gpus because will not be any resale value unless they are extremely cheap x gaming gpus.

Yeah, 100% sure we will have a gpu oversupply again just like 2018 after the crypto market crash, rtx 3060ti will be $200~$300, right now 3060ti's are sold for $1300, insane.

Handful of 3060 Ti went through my local Micro Center last Thursday....I thought hard about it, but figured I'd rather make a little money instead of wasting 2-3 hours of my time getting there early, standing in line with my number, hoping I could be lucky enough to buy one for around $700.

I have yet to catch wind of anything recently coming through there from AMD's side for GPUs. Even if they did get in some 6800 or 6800XT cards, they're all going for around $900+.....no thank you, they can keep their overpriced GPUs and same with Nvidia.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
AMD is seriously pissing off it's remaining fan base (me included) in order to squeeze some additional bucks out of the crypto craze. I don't think that's a good strategy as they're making themselves less and less relevant in dGPU space (their dGPU market share shrank to only 16% in 2020). They're neglecting one thing... most of us ATI/AMD buyers buy their GPUs because of favorable price to performance ratio (most bang for your buck), but for some reason AMD decided to stop competing with price after RDNA introduction which would be OK if they could offer better products than NGreedia, but that has not been the case. As someone who has bought ATI Rage 128, ATI R800X Pro, ATI HD 4870, AMD HD 6870, R9 280X and RX480 (& now own 2nd hand 1080TI) in the past, I see zero reason to continue buying AMD over Nvidia products until AMD offers us faster GPU for the same money or slower GPU with substantial price discount compared to Ngreedia.

Willingness to support the underdog goes only so far. AMD GPU division is acting like they're top kids on the block regardless of owning only 16% of "street corners" and inferior stuff to sell. Every street dealer will tell you're gonna get your ass beaten up, if you continue behaving this way : )
Are you blaming AMD for AIB partners blowing past the MSRP. Are blaming AMD that even though the prices of their GPUs are astronomical they can't keep supply? Are you blaming AMD for taking product that would have done nothing so that they can make more money to develop faster and more compelling products? The bump in performance from the 5000 to 6000 series is so real it will make you smile.

More likely, salvaging chips that wouldn't go on a "gaming" card because they were defective, and sticking them on a "crypto-scum" card.

That would be great, but nobody can guarantee that these Cryptomining GPUs won't also include cut down gaming chips. With right balance of gaming/mining GPUs there won't be a surge in used gaming GPUs after the crypto-bubble pops ... and less used GPUs sold, means more new GPUs sold.

And, again, it's not a farfetched idea that the GPUs going on these mining cards are defective in some way that they wouldn't quite make the cut to go on a full gaming card. So really they're salvaging silicon that otherwise would have went to waste and giving it to miners. This actually helps increase availability for everyone.

But aren't there GDDR6 shortages? If these SKUs will use GDDR6, the situation will be even worse ...

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
I really don't understand Nvidia and AMD on this one... limited amount of silicon, limited amount of factory time... just keep making gpu's for gamers and let the miners deal with it, you can't supply them with enough, you never will be able to until the price crashes again... at least with regular cards people on a budget can buy a miner card during a crash, but with these specific miner cards they won't be able to do that... either way AMD and Nvidia won't be helping gamers get gpu's, so just make them for gamers only...

really quite sad to see this. oh well, at least my rig is done being built. i do think it's a crappy business move though. the silicon foundries are already too busy and can't keep up with anything, why add another SKU at all...

doubtful, this is your assumption... any evidence to back that up? also doesn't explain TSMC factory time which is allocated to the max for good chips, not enough time for even the good chips, so even if your argument is true, it doesn't bypass my argument. there are plenty of good chips ready to go, TSMC just is overloaded.
Lots of times in the past gaming cards never sold out and lot of inventory was taking up warehouse space ($$) And as others have mentioned silicon that doesn't make the cut, could be recycled possibly. It seems gamers are the most vocal, but don't forgot about workstation cards also. Seems miners are skipping them though (for now) since gaming cards are 1/4 the price and do the same thing. If the card is to be specific for gaming then it should be crippled in bios and drivers to put out 0 hash. And miners forced to buy workstation cards (until miner cards are available)

Every corporations main job is to be profitable, its the way it is.

The supply issues, covid, crypto boom, everything else, etc. isn't easily solvable to get products on the shelves for everyone unfortunately.

Are you blaming AMD for AIB partners blowing past the MSRP. Are blaming AMD that even though the prices of their GPUs are astronomical they can't keep supply? Are you blaming AMD for taking product that would have done nothing so that they can make more money to develop faster and more compelling products? The bump in performance from the 5000 to 6000 series is so real it will make you smile.
I'm blaming AMD for setting MSRP at 400$ for 251 mm2 node (5700XT) and setting suggested price at 479$ for 335 mm² node (6700XT). These are Polaris/xx60 sized nodes (half the size of full node). Mining craze will go away eventually but MSRPs will stay with us. Paying 479$ for mid range GPU doesn't look consumer friendly. Even market top dog Ngreedia set MSRPs of mid range GPUs a lot lower ($329/399). Mark my worlds, next get 7700XT will get MSRP north of 500 bucks, justified by 'well it's only 10% or whatever more for XX% more performance', even if there's no crypto craze going on anymore when it releases. AMD has nothing except 4 gigs more vram to justify setting MSRPs so high. They can try selling their premium branding to someone else, I'm not buying it. No sane consumer should defend/support such business practices.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I'm blaming AMD for setting MSRP at 400$ for 251 mm2 node (5700XT) and setting suggested price at 479$ for 335 mm² node (6700XT). These are Polaris/xx60 sized nodes (half the size of full node). Mining craze will go away eventually but MSRPs will stay with us. Paying 479$ for mid range GPU doesn't look consumer friendly. Even market top dog Ngreedia set MSRPs of mid range GPUs a lot lower ($329/399). Mark my worlds, next get 7700XT will get MSRP north of 500 bucks, justified by 'well it's only 10% or whatever more for XX% more performance', even if there's no crypto craze going on anymore when it releases. AMD has nothing except 4 gigs more vram to justify setting MSRPs so high. They can try selling their premium branding to someone else, I'm not buying it. No sane consumer should defend/support such business practices.
You cannot blame AMD for that. In some cases that price that you pay at the retailer is determined by the price the Distributor puts on the MSRP. I swear in Canada they tier GPUs by performance and as the 5700XT vs Polaris goes there is no comparison. The 5700XT is faster than the Vega 64. The Vega 64 is faster than (or just as fast as) 2 RX580s in crossfire. The Polaris cards were $200 but then Nvidia released the 20 series cards and cards doubled in price. AMD did continue their trend of supporting the consumer with the 5700, 5600XT and 5500XT. Which were all pretty good and as low as $350 (CAD) before the boom took off. Be glad that the 6700XT has been released and should have better supply than that. I promise you that even if AMD wanted to release the chip for $300 (Wax nostalgic if you are a long time Gamer the market would not have allowed for it. The problem with the current situation is worse than at first observed. There is no chance right now of establishing supply of cards. That means that unless things subside you won't see those deals like Retail 7950 for $199 or a Polaris crossfire build for $300 that just worked. I would objectively advise that if you are keen to get a card....don't focus on the price and just bite the bullet. You only live once and if you have ever had the focus of your PC be Gaming the 3000 and 6000 series are very compelling products.

For mindshare: All of the new series are as fast as or faster than a 2080TI. The most expensive consumer GPU ever released. If they are even $100 less than the 2080TI they will be valued by some. It is only because the 2080TI was totally pimped out on Youtube with SLI builds and exotic builds. Indeed Gamer's Nexus did earn subs when they posted their video asking people to submit their dead 2080tis. Since then every Gaming benchmark would have the 2080TI 20 to 40 % faster than anything else in the space. No one on Youtube or anywhere else other than a couple of Super Pro AMD channels thought that AMD's 6000 series GPUs could beat the 2080TI. The fact that the 6800XT wipes the floor of the 2080TI (granted older) had them making statements like "the rasterization performance is spectacular but Ray Tracing is slower than Nvidia". Over the last few months Nvidia has teased, delayed and leaked about 6 cards. That has an effect on mindshare. It was like that period when Intel tried to stay relevant by announcing phantom products like the 28 core Xeon chip chilled by a air conditioner. The effect it has on mind share is that when the cards are actually available to buy they are gobbled up instantly whether it is Amazon or Newegg. The price is now out of Control of AMD and Nvidia as they only sell the chips to the AIBs after a point anyway.

In reference to the thread would it not be interesting if AMD kept the sale of their MIning GPUs in house? Would they? What would be the disadvantages or indeed advantages of that?

System Name Budget Box
Processor Xeon E5-2667v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Pro
Cooling Some cheap tower cooler, I dunno
Memory 32GB 1866-DDR3 ECC
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600XT
Storage WD NVME 1GB
Display(s) ASUS Pro Art 27"
Case Antec P7 Neo
If it crashes and we have a ton of mining cards available for cheap, certain opportunists and hobbyists will grab them.

Again, let's not forget there are applications for cards that might not involve gaming or mining that these cards could be used for.
No doubt, but how many people out there need a large volume of headless GPUs? When this last happened, excess GPU supply (like polaris) was not bought up, even at bargain prices. I don't doubt someone can find a use for some of these cards, but if AMD and NVIDIA make them dedicated for mining, it's not going to impact the gaming GPU market. Right now this market is what they prefer, not a market where cards are having to be moved at bargain prices, and this move offers some protection against that. Both companies can manufacture in the highest volumes they can but manage the volume supplied to the gaming community. If the mining market busts, there will be no oversupply/bargain issue, so they won't have to reduce pricing or volume on current GPU generations. The more I think about this, the more I just see it as a way these companies can reduce their own risks to the volatile mining market, as every miner card sold has no potential long-term impact on the gaming market. They can have their cake and eat it too.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Gamers!... We got gamers here!

See, nobody cares.

AMgreeDy too want a slice of the pie, whether they get sued by their investors remains to be seen.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Totes shit show ,I might rent out my spare rx480 soon, UK shops are bare.

System Name Ryzen/Laptop/htpc
Processor R9 3900X/i7 6700HQ/i7 2600
Motherboard AsRock X470 Taichi/Acer/ Gigabyte H77M
Cooling Corsair H115i pro with 2 Noctua NF-A14 chromax/OEM/Noctua NH-L12i
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @3200/16GB DDR4 2666 HyperX impact/24GB
Video Card(s) TUL Red Dragon Vega 56/Intel HD 530 - GTX 950m/ 970 GTX
Storage 970pro NVMe 512GB,Samsung 860evo 1TB, 3x4TB WD gold/Transcend 830s, 1TB Toshiba/Adata 256GB + 1TB WD
Display(s) Philips FTV 32 inch + Dell 2407WFP-HC/OEM/Sony KDL-42W828B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Acer Barebone/Enermax
Audio Device(s) SoundBlasterX AE-5 (Dell A525)(HyperX Cloud Alpha)/mojo/soundblaster xfi gamer
Power Supply Seasonic focus+ 850 platinum (SSR-850PX)/165 Watt power brick/Enermax 650W
Mouse G502 Hero/M705 Marathon/G305 Hero Lightspeed
Keyboard G19/oem/Steelseries Apex 300
Software Win10 pro 64bit
This is a manufacturing problem. And all companies are responsible due to their very nature of as low overhead as possible, but the main culprit is the states that outsourced manufacturing capability for literally the most important commodity of our time, microchips. Blaming amd, nvidia or whatever is simplistic and useless, with no fabs of their own they cannot do anything even if they wanted to.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
No doubt, but how many people out there need a large volume of headless GPUs? When this last happened, excess GPU supply (like polaris) was not bought up, even at bargain prices. I don't doubt someone can find a use for some of these cards, but if AMD and NVIDIA make them dedicated for mining, it's not going to impact the gaming GPU market. Right now this market is what they prefer, not a market where cards are having to be moved at bargain prices, and this move offers some protection against that. Both companies can manufacture in the highest volumes they can but manage the volume supplied to the gaming community. If the mining market busts, there will be no oversupply/bargain issue, so they won't have to reduce pricing or volume on current GPU generations. The more I think about this, the more I just see it as a way these companies can reduce their own risks to the volatile mining market, as every miner card sold has no potential long-term impact on the gaming market. They can have their cake and eat it too.
Seems like a risky move to me, making crypto mining cards when the market could bust at any minute. Who's going to buy them when profitability is in the toilet? This doesn't make any sense unless they're harvesting otherwise bad chips.

System Name Budget Box
Processor Xeon E5-2667v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Pro
Cooling Some cheap tower cooler, I dunno
Memory 32GB 1866-DDR3 ECC
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600XT
Storage WD NVME 1GB
Display(s) ASUS Pro Art 27"
Case Antec P7 Neo
Seems like a risky move to me, making crypto mining cards when the market could bust at any minute. Who's going to buy them when profitability is in the toilet? This doesn't make any sense unless they're harvesting otherwise bad chips.
This could just be the way they can justify backordering GPUs for mining groups. It gives them an out for gamers, all while getting to leverage the current boom. Instead of releasing all cards to retail, they can shift more GPUs to mining. Heck, it's probably even easier for them to make mining cards because there's no output and they can probably even drop clockspeeds because the miners are buying up everything. The best GPUs might get set back for gaming cards, and this does like you say with binning. I'm curious what the volume split is between mining/gaming.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I'm on the fence about this, I'd like to wait and see what actually happens to the GPU market form this.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
I'm on the fence about this, I'd like to wait and see what actually happens to the GPU market form this.
You still won't find a new GPU for sale at retail spots without a lot of luck on your side and the retail prices will still be 150%+ what the released MSRP was....so, basically nothing will change.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Lmao, this is the same response from posters only slightly worse as the Nvidia making miner cards.

This is going to produce so much e-waste by the end of this maddens, atleast with gaming GPU can be bought again in second market

What if those mining cards are just old GPUs that have faulty texture units or faulty other units that aren't used for computing/mining?
Nvidia isn't offering their mining cards with the newest GPUs and looks like AMD won't either.
In such (and only such) case I see nothing wrong with the whole mining card idea.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
What if those mining cards are just old GPUs that have faulty texture units or faulty other units that aren't used for computing/mining?
Nvidia isn't offering their mining cards with the newest GPUs and looks like AMD won't either.
In such (and only such) case I see nothing wrong with the whole mining card idea.
They still use GDDR6 memory which has limited supply. Not to mention other components used for VRM etc.

Processor Intel Core i5 4590
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 8GiB(2x4GiB) DDR3-1600 [800MHz]
Video Card(s) XFX RX 560D 4GiB
Storage Transcend SSD370S 128GB; Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung S20D300 20" 768p TN
Case Cooler Master MasterBox E501L
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair VS450
Mouse A4Tech N-70FX
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores BaseMark GPU : 250 Point in HD 4600
They still use GDDR6 memory which has limited supply. Not to mention other components used for VRM etc.
Navi12 uses HBM2 which most gamers dont like, cause Nvidia dont offer any gpu with HBM.

Pascal uses GDDR5X/GDDR5 and RTX3090 uses 24GB GDDR6X, which is useless to most gamers.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Navi12 uses HBM2 which most gamers dont like, cause Nvidia dont offer any gpu with HBM.

Pascal uses GDDR5X/GDDR5 and RTX3090 uses 24GB GDDR6X, which is useless to most gamers.
RX5500, RX5600 and RX5700 don't use HBM2, they use GDDR6. HBM2 is more expensive than regular GDDR6 so I don't see your point here.
Last I heard those mining cards that NVidia will be popping out are based on 20-series, which uses GDDR6.
GDDR6X yields are low and those chips are used for 3080's and 3090's.

Processor Intel Core i5 4590
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 8GiB(2x4GiB) DDR3-1600 [800MHz]
Video Card(s) XFX RX 560D 4GiB
Storage Transcend SSD370S 128GB; Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung S20D300 20" 768p TN
Case Cooler Master MasterBox E501L
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair VS450
Mouse A4Tech N-70FX
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores BaseMark GPU : 250 Point in HD 4600
Is RX5500, RX5600 and RX5700 don't use HBM2. HBM2 is also more expensive than regular GDDR6 so I don't see your point here.
Last I heard those mining cards that NVidia will be popping out are based on 20-series, which uses GDDR6.
GDDR6X yields are low and those chips are used for 3080's and 3090's.
Point is if the Navi12 based cryptomining card is real then it will not effect other AMD card as those uses GDDR6 not HBM2 like Navi12.
Also is that linux frameware realy points to mining card or this one https://www.amd.com/en/products/server-accelerators/amd-radeon-pro-v520

I thought lower end CMX card were Pascal based. My bad. AND for Nvidia card isn't RTX 3070/3060 Ti is better buy than RTX 3080, and the former uses GDDR6 not GDDR6X like the RTX 3080.

D

Deleted member 205776

This cryptomining crap needs to die so I can buy my GPUs.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
doubtful, this is your assumption... any evidence to back that up? also doesn't explain TSMC factory time which is allocated to the max for good chips, not enough time for even the good chips, so even if your argument is true, it doesn't bypass my argument. there are plenty of good chips ready to go, TSMC just is overloaded.

Allocated to the max and still had excess capacity which they auctioned off?

Status
Not open for further replies.