• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD X570S Motherboard Spotted Alongside Ryzen 7 5700G APU

As much as I hate them the X570 chipset uses up to 17W I think. That's a non-trivial amount to cool passively when there's so little height to play with around the chipset area on most boards.

The puny little 50x50x8mm heatsinks that vendors like to cheap out on won't cut it, so they just added a cheap fan instead. When (not if) my X570 fan fails, I'll be going fanless by just epoxying on a 60x100x10mm heatsink with three times the surface area and getting creative with a dremel if there are PCB components in the way.

I'm only using a single PCIe 4.0 device and two PCIe 3.0 devices, and if the passive heatsink doesn't cut it I really don't think my GPU will care if I drop it down to PCIe 3.0.
Yeah, good luck with that. Not all boards can fit a chipset heatsink on the chipset...at least without vertically mounting your GPU. I'm referring to my ASRock X570 Steel Legend.

I miss the days of heatpiped VRM actual heatsinks and actual heatsinks on the northbridge. Especially when connected with a heatpipe! They worked pretty well! Though not always. I remember some chipsets like the 680i being a bit toasty...

The worst part about what's been going on lately is that you don't really have any alternatives for cooling the chipset cooler when your fan does inevitably die (HR-05, VC-RE, etc). Instead you get to complain to ASRock for 4 months until you tell them you give up up and are buying another brand board to replace it over a $3 fan, and that they've lost your business. My temporary workaround was to turn the fan speed up on the GPU and turn the fan off for the chipset. The GPU blows air into the chipset...hole? It was semi-effective. Then again I've managed to find an old Evercool VC-RF, so maybe that'd work? If a GPU is mounted vertically, of course.

My point: X570 can be annoying. Proprietary 40mm fans are annoying. Bad support is annoying. The lack of decent third-party chipset coolers is annoying. I'm happy about the X570S SKUs and hopeful that they perform well. It's exactly what we need.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Yeah, good luck with that. Not all boards can fit a chipset heatsink on the chipset...at least without vertically mounting your GPU. I'm referring to my ASRock X570 Steel Legend.

I miss the days of heatpiped VRM actual heatsinks and actual heatsinks on the northbridge. Especially when connected with a heatpipe! They worked pretty well! Though not always. I remember some chipsets like the 680i being a bit toasty...

The worst part about what's been going on lately is that you don't really have any alternatives for cooling the chipset cooler when your fan does inevitably die (HR-05, VC-RE, etc). Instead you get to complain to ASRock for 4 months until you tell them you give up up and are buying another brand board to replace it over a $3 fan, and that they've lost your business. My temporary workaround was to turn the fan speed up on the GPU and turn the fan off for the chipset. The GPU blows air into the chipset...hole? It was semi-effective. Then again I've managed to find an old Evercool VC-RF, so maybe that'd work? If a GPU is mounted vertically, of course.

My point: X570 can be annoying. Proprietary 40mm fans are annoying. Bad support is annoying. The lack of decent third-party chipset coolers is annoying. I'm happy about the X570S SKUs and hopeful that they perform well. It's exactly what we need.
I don't need luck, I know it will fit with clearance for the graphics card because it'll be no higher than the PCIe slot

The only dremelling that might be required is for a single capacitor south of the memory slots, and possibly a couple of mounting screw holes if I don't want to use epoxy.

System Name Linotosh
Processor Dual 800mhz G4
Cooling Air
Memory 1.5 GB
Nah I don't think so lol. JK, I corrected it. :)
I knew what you meant but just wanted to give you a hard time. I do find your articles informative and well written. I do things like that all the time and usually don't notice because my brain automatically reads it the way I intended it to read but it's much easier for me to spot things like this in other people's writing.