• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gamescom 2021 Will Be An All-Digital Event

The German Games Industry Association have decided to hold gamescom 2021 as an all-digital event. This decision was made after extensive discussions with partners and exhibitors. Thus, the organizers take into account the current situation, in which too many companies are unable to participate in physical events this year due to the still difficult development. In this way, they also meet the partners' strong need for planning security. This means that gamescom 2021 will be held exclusively digitally and free of charge for all gamescom fans. In 2020, gamescom celebrated numerous successes: Over 100 million video views across all formats and channels, more than 50 million unique users from 180 countries, and 370 partners from 44 countries. Building on this success, the digital offering is now being expanded further.

With gamescom 2021, Koelnmesse and game - The German Games Industry Association want to build directly on the success of last year's online event. gamescom will once again be kicked off by the spectacular gamescom: Opening Night Live with Geoff Keighley. The gamescom now content hub is being completely relaunched in a more attractive design with numerous additional features for fans and partners. Also new is gamescom epix, a community campaign that allows fans to playfully immerse themselves in the gamescom universe on the road to gamescom. Starting with gamescom: Opening Night Live on Wednesday evening (August 25) to Friday evening (August 27), gamescom fans can look forward to a full program, with some of the highlights and promotions also running over the weekend.

devcom, the first go-to source for developers and their ecosystem, will also feature an extensive online program and provide the games industry with a central business platform. Several full-day business matchmaking events, such as the popular "Indies meet Investors and Publishers" format devcom Pitch it! or special matchmaking and pitching events with devcom's international community stands, will be significantly expanded. Another new feature is devcom's clear focus on content and the extensive conference program on the first two days, while Wednesday to Friday will be all about business, networking and devcom's popular digital expo. However, the launch of the new online B2B platform gamescom biz will be postponed by one year because its features can only be fully rolled out in a hybrid concept. The gamescom congress, Europe's leading conference on the social, economic and cultural potential of games, will once again take place only digitally on Thursday, August 26, 2021.

In the slightly adjusted schedule for digital gamescom 2021, gamescom week will start with devcom as usual on Monday, August 23. gamescom: Opening Night Live will take place on Wednesday, August 25, with the main days of gamescom on Thursday and Friday, August 26 and 27. Some of the offers will continue to be available over the following weekend.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
now with covid in place i'd imagine these games announced now gonna come out in 2022 or 2023

ixi

now with covid in place i'd imagine these games announced now gonna come out in 2022 or 2023

They will come out i assume in 2022 or 2023, but that is not because of covid. Id say because of cyberfailure 2077. I hope people learned that pre-ordering is a bad idea.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Id say because of cyberfailure 2077.

i dont think cyberpunk failed.. given nature of how big of a game it is.. bound to have bugs..
plus they hyped it up so much that alot of people are expecting this ultra amazing game.

ixi

Cyberfailure is big game? First time hearing that.

Of course people were hyped. In youtube i saw video where were compiled almost all live events from red bird what they told and promised to people. In the end those promises weren't delivered and people received bag of air.

Last edited:
Of course people were hyped. In youtube i saw video where were compiled almost all live events from red bird what they told and promised to people. In the end those promises prople reveived bag of air.
And five board members got ~29 million dollars in bonuses. Yes, pays very well to lie to gamers, they'll believe anything and shower you in money regardless.

Cyberfailure is big game? First time hearing that.
Then you have not been paying attention. Cyberpunk2077 is one of the best-selling games of all-time, and despite the problems has been a truly MASSIVE success for CDPR. Your jibber-jabber is meaningless.