• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Expands Gamer Sensei Game Coaching Service

Gamer Sensei, the premier esports coaching platform, today announced the launch of the new Team Coaching service to expand its acclaimed esports training and curriculum for aspiring pros and seasoned veterans alike, alongside several key enhancements to the Gamer Sensei website. Designed in collaboration with the world-renowned coaches that form Gamer Sensei's leading talent, Team Coaching was created in direct response to user feedback to address the needs of a rapidly growing amateur esports scene.

Team Coaching has arisen out of specific requests for coaches to train and work directly with fully-rostered teams. Team Coaching focuses on the complex strategies needed to succeed in group settings vs. playing alone, with its own curriculum that addresses the different dynamics that emerge in tournaments and similar environments. As with all its products, Gamer Sensei Team Coaching coursework was built with all players in mind. Whether your team wants to conquer pubs, triumph at a local tournament, start the journey to becoming Pros, or polish their skills to the finest shine, Team Coaching lets you level up together.

Alongside Team Coaching, the Gamer Sensei site and its core training have also been upgraded. Booking a coach has never been easier thanks to a streamlined scheduling process and video conferencing that's now directly built-in to the Gamer Sensei website, while the price of skills assessment has dropped to a new low flat rate. To ensure the highest quality of services, Gamer Sensei now also offers career development for new coaches, from onboarding and beyond - assisting them in their own personal journeys and building an unparalleled community of esports educators.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Oh. Wow. They even have a "30-minute skill assessment session", e.g. I have to pay $20 so that someone can tell me personally that I suck at Dota2.
Not a single mention of any famous or accomplished players being on their coaching team, plus anyone can apply for a coaching position (supposedly after vetting, but just like with job interviews - you can wing it just the same).

System Name Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450i Gaming ITX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 3200 (OC-3600 CL 16)
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3070 UC3 GAMING ULTRA 8G
Storage Crucial P1 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) AOC AGON AG271QX 27" LED 1440p 144hz
Case Phanteks Entoo Evolv ITX
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Patriot Viper V560
Keyboard Patriot Viper V760
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
Laugh all you want, I'm willing to bet this takes off.

System Name Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450i Gaming ITX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 3200 (OC-3600 CL 16)
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3070 UC3 GAMING ULTRA 8G
Storage Crucial P1 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) AOC AGON AG271QX 27" LED 1440p 144hz
Case Phanteks Entoo Evolv ITX
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Patriot Viper V560
Keyboard Patriot Viper V760
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
I think it's just that everyone believes they are pro-material but feel they need just that one more skillset to get sponsored. The fact that this is a Corsair-sponsored service means it will inherently be overpriced.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I think it's just that everyone believes they are pro-material but feel they need just that one more skillset to get sponsored. The fact that this is a Corsair-sponsored service means it will inherently be overpriced.

yeah short term greed and short term ego are interchangeable terms in my book. lol

it's kind of sad to see Corsair giving false hope like this.

System Name Jaspe
Processor Ryzen 1500X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming
Cooling Stock
Memory 16Gb Corsair 3000mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTS 450
Storage Crucial M500
Display(s) Philips 1080 24'
Case NZXT
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 425W
Software Windows 10 Pro
No.
Even with all the RGB in the world.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Mouse Logitech G603
Laugh all you want, I'm willing to bet this takes off.
Some teams are already running "bootcamps", summer e-Sports camps etc., nothing really new here. The idea is ok.
The thing is, most people that attend this coaching service are no different than people taking guitar or painting lessons (even prices for 1 on 1 sessions are comparable). 99% of them won't become the next Rapha or Clawz, but realistically 99.9% of arts and crafts school attendees won't become the next Bach or Rembrandt either (or even pursue a career as an artist, for that matter).
My beef with this "sensei" service is mismarketing and misrepresentation.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Some teams are already running "bootcamps", summer e-Sports camps etc., nothing really new here. The idea is ok.
The thing is, most people that attend this coaching service are no different than people taking guitar or painting lessons (even prices for 1 on 1 sessions are comparable). 99% of them won't become the next Rapha or Clawz, but realistically 99.9% of arts and crafts school attendees won't become the next Bach or Rembrandt either (or even pursue a career as an artist, for that matter).
My beef with this "sensei" service is mismarketing and misrepresentation.

they would be better off going to community college, getting something in demand like welding or electrician or plumber. Welders in Austin, TX right now are in desperate demand and paying 80-90k a year. very cheap to go to community college for welding, electrician, etc.

anyone that wants to change their stars in America doesn't need to hope to make it big in gaming or art, take out some student loans (again community college is much much cheaper than regular university), study plumbing, electrician, welding, or something else that is very much in demand) within 2-3 years you will be making 60k+ as long as you are willing to move around for work.

semi-truck drivers also make 50-60k and they train you for free no school needed. my cousin is younger than me, and drives a semi-truck that hauls recycled plastics, he makes 90k a year doing it, he could have made over 100k if he chose to haul oil instead, but he didn't want to move country for the extra 10k.

there is literally nothing stopping anyone from changing their stars with a new path in life. but if kids want to keep wasting their time thinking they will be next big shot gamer esports team... then they can do so. its not smart or logical though. /shrug

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Mouse Logitech G603
hey would be better off going to community college, getting something in demand like welding or electrician or plumber.
I wholeheartedly understand, but what society needs is usually not what generic off-the-street people want.
Kids want to be musicians, lawyers, pirates, photographers etc. Some can even develop the skill and roll with it, some may use acquired skills as a weekend hustle, but the majority end up with a degree in arts or social studies and end up working in a supermarket or call center.
Adults are no different. I know quite a few people of my age and older who in their spare time instead of doing something useful decided to pursue their new dreams of becoming "social media influencers", or "full-time crypto-investors". I'm not talking youngsters, I'm talking middle age fully-grown and mostly competent f@#$ adults! :D :D :D
At least eSports can get you in college, unlike YT and hand-drawn manga :roll:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I wholeheartedly understand, but what society needs is usually not what generic off-the-street people want.
Kids want to be musicians, lawyers, pirates, photographers etc. Some can even develop the skill and roll with it, some may use acquired skills as a weekend hustle, but the majority end up with a degree in arts or social studies and end up working in a supermarket or call center.
Adults are no different. I know quite a few people of my age and older who in their spare time instead of doing something useful decided to pursue their new dreams of becoming "social media influencers", or "full-time crypto-investors". I'm not talking youngsters, I'm talking middle age fully-grown and mostly competent f@#$ adults! :D :D :D
At least eSports can get you in college, unlike YT and hand-drawn manga :roll:

I have a relative who went to community college to become an electrician at age 19. he is now around age 24 or so, making 70k a year cause his job is so in-demand. no debt.

wish I could rewind the wheel of time for myself and do the same path he did. no one ever told me those paths existed, they just said go to uni like everyone else. should have never listened to that pyramid scheme.