• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD FSR FidelityFX Super Resolution is Coming to Xbox Consoles

D

Deleted member 185088

And there it is.. The dumbest fucking this I have READ TODAY
I kinda of agree, but in a different way, implementing FSR is a good thing for gaming, as it'll make it more available in games.
Where I agree is games aren't made to push hardware like before, we used to have games life Far Cry, Half-life 2, Crysis that really pushed hardware, now games are technically pathetic, especially with their obsession with particles and lighting, while more important parts like geometry and textures aren't focused on.
Just have a look at the comparison tool below, DF shows a disgusting coffee machine mug with 2 polygons just show us Ray tracing. What's the point of having realistic lighting if the mug doesn't look like a mug to start with.

Hang on a second, I thought FSR is just a sharpening filter ? Why does this matter then ?
Simple PCMR mentality. Its not about "holding back" PC fidelity. Its about not having a sufficient gap between PC and consoles which makes him feel less elite.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Should be on R9 290s

Hm...so having DoF that gamers can't turn OFF completely from the menu is artistic decision, no wonder the game sucks :roll: .

There are also 4K FSR Quality (1440p) vs 4K TAAU 67% in DF article, TAAU just look sharper. Kitguru also made the comparison between FSR UQ to TAAU 77%, FSR Q vs TAAU 67%, etc...and TAAU look sharper in all those scenario, but TAAU comes with more shimmering.
Watch at 4:40

So yeah, IQ wise FSR is just about equal to TAAU at best. On the other hand, any complexity involving implementing any Upscalers is largely academic, people don't just make games in a few days, I mean a single guy made the game Bright Memory with RTX/DLSS, and there are people complaining that DLSS is hard to implement :laugh:?
Bright memory is an incomplete game. more of a tech demo. Yeah he did it, but you are there to judge how long it took him to implement it in the game ? Maybe he could have made few more minutes of content, fixed some nasty bugs or he could have actually made his own assets instead of stealing them. And the guy use Unreal Engine. There are very very small company that made their own engine that look good and ended up with an actual game. Those could add a thing like FSR in few hours.

Devs have choice to make …

As for the video
TAAU look sharper but with way more shimmering on a sequence barely still. The more the movement, the more the shimmering. When you play, Shimmering is annoying. It's super obvious and it should have been a thing of the past before Anisotropic filtering was too hard to run. On a TV sitting on a couch, you don't notice it too much but damn, on a PC monitor it's just super annoying. But yeah, if we ignore that shimmering is annoying, yes TAA U made sharper image for just slightly more resource usage.

But It's quite easy to understand why a game dev in a fast action pace game wouldn't want of a technique that would add a lot of Shimmering. That is probably the main reason they didn't use it.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
Should be on R9 290s
It will work for all CGN GPUs me thinks as only the game is the one using it and the new drivers aren't doing anything special on that aspect to make it work. My 5c.

Processor R7 5800X
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix B550 I
Cooling Fractal Celsius
Memory 32
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus RTX 4080 OC
Storage Lots
Display(s) LG 4k, Dell 1440p
Case Fractal Nano S
Audio Device(s) Vintage
Power Supply EVGA 650 SFF
Mouse Pwnage SYM2
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Simple PCMR mentality. Its not about "holding back" PC fidelity. Its about not having a sufficient gap between PC and consoles which makes him feel less elite.
No need for that man, it's simply about being a PC enthusiast first.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Bright memory is an incomplete game. more of a tech demo. Yeah he did it, but you are there to judge how long it took him to implement it in the game ? Maybe he could have made few more minutes of content, fixed some nasty bugs or he could have actually made his own assets instead of stealing them. And the guy use Unreal Engine. There are very very small company that made their own engine that look good and ended up with an actual game. Those could add a thing like FSR in few hours.

Devs have choice to make …

As for the video
TAAU look sharper but with way more shimmering on a sequence barely still. The more the movement, the more the shimmering. When you play, Shimmering is annoying. It's super obvious and it should have been a thing of the past before Anisotropic filtering was too hard to run. On a TV sitting on a couch, you don't notice it too much but damn, on a PC monitor it's just super annoying. But yeah, if we ignore that shimmering is annoying, yes TAA U made sharper image for just slightly more resource usage.

But It's quite easy to understand why a game dev in a fast action pace game wouldn't want of a technique that would add a lot of Shimmering. That is probably the main reason they didn't use it.

TAAU is sharper in all cases and there might be more noticeable shimmering in only some parts of the game, so either way it a toss between TAAU and FSR. Mind you that TAAU is injected via UE Unlocker and not implemented properly by the game developers, which probably could have done something to reduce shimmering.

BTW anyone who say FSR is easier to implement is having too much red juice at this point. Well known game studios have used TAAU, Checkerboarding and DLSS for so long now, they must have been more familiar with those techniques than the newly released FSR. RE Village which already have checkerboarding will support FSR too, it might be interesting to compare Checkerboarding vs FSR when the new patch comes.

Saying FSR is easier to implement at this point is like telling a long time stick-shift driver to switch to automatic because automatic is easier to drive :roll:.

Last edited:
Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
TAAU is sharper in all cases and there might be more noticeable shimmering in only some parts of the game, so either way it a toss between TAAU and FSR. Mind you that TAAU is injected via UE Unlocker and not implemented properly by the game developers, which probably could have done something to reduce shimmering.

BTW anyone who say FSR is easier to implement is having too much red juice at this point. Well known game studios have used TAAU, Checkerboarding and DLSS for so long now, they must have been more familiar with those techniques than the newly released FSR. RE Village which already have checkerboarding will support FSR too, it might be interesting to compare Checkerboarding vs FSR when the new patch comes.

Saying FSR is easier to implement at this point is like telling a long time stick-shift driver to switch to automatic because automatic is easier to drive :roll:.
Man, your crusade against FSR is becoming silly. It was explained to you, that Temporal solutions have issues of their own and are far from perfect.

Developers are saying it's easy to integrate, not us. One said it took him 2 hours to integrate FSR.
They must be all on the red juice, right? Who knows, maybe the red juice improve productivity.:rolleyes:

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
ill once again state that I find it amazing how passionate people here become about...upscaling of all things...heck you would think you would be passionately defending that upscaling is a bad direction and demand better hardware to run things natively but I guess thats just me.

kinda comes across as that blue or gold dress thing from some years back.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Console games are just going to get a default and a "performance" mode since they now support high refresh rates

we've already seen this start on the Xbox, it's just gunna expand and we might see the end of 30FPS games, and see 60 as the console default

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
ill once again state that I find it amazing how passionate people here become about...upscaling of all things...heck you would think you would be passionately defending that upscaling is a bad direction and demand better hardware to run things natively but I guess thats just me.

I'm all for more powerful hardware and native resolution, but with the trend of price increases every generation, yeah heck no, i'm not paying those prices.
Also i'm not sure how we're going to demand more powerful and affordable hardware, protest in front AMD/Intel/Nvidia HQ's.

Last edited:
System Name Cyberline
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
I'm all for more powerful hardware and native resolution, but with the trend of price increases every generation, yeah heck no, i'm not paying those prices.
Also i'm not sure how we're going to demand more powerful and affordable hardware, protest in front AMD/Intel/Nvidia HQ's.

Simple, dont buy anything until something comes across for a reasonable price, no sales, no profit, wont make the investors happy nor game developers.

Upscaling are here to stay no matter what you would prefer. In PC game they are optional if you have enough money to buy a top end card. But it's not everyone that have that money or have PC gaming as their primary spending budget.

But as many have pointed out in FSR review, and this apply to all upscaling method, not just FSR (So DLSS and TAA U included), Games can run with higher graphic settings and much heavier load with better overall graphic when upscaling is applied. Up to a point indeed and mostly with Higher resolution.

My opinion is that upscaling work well when the base resolution is higher or equal to 1080p so aiming to get hardware that can run your game at the FPS you want at that resolution. Then you can buy a 1440P or 4K monitor could use upscaling to get good graphics at high FPS. It can also mean you can buy a card that run right at 4K now, and make it last longer with upscaling.

Indeed, PC gaming is a different position than console, Gamers sit closer to the monitor and the scale of hardware is so much larger. On console, the usage for resolution scaling have been there for many year as it allow the devs to make a game that look better while meeting their frame time target. On PC, where people sit closer to the monitor, can upgrade their hardware and each cards can run slightly different on each machine. They really can't target anything so they leave you will all the option to adjust the game details. At that point, you can see what they were aiming by looking at what effects really change the visual versus placebo "ultra" settings. In many case, maybe not all, a game would look nicer on a good 4K monitor at maximum (non placebo detail) using upscaling technique than running at 4K native and greatly reducing details.

I am for these technique because it give the player choice and option. I wouldn't want a game that run on FSR 50% or Performance all the time with no way to change it, but if it's just an tool that you have access, why not? The main thing to me that determine PC gaming is the ability to have choice. You set the setting you want at the resolution want, you upgrade when you want, etc.

So what is the big issue with FSR then? don't like it ? don't use it.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Simple, dont buy anything until something comes across for a reasonable price, no sales, no profit, wont make the investors happy nor game developers.
Yeah about that, you realise Every GPU is already sold almost everywhere, besides technically 2nd person resales.
Don't get me wrong, in part I agree on not buying until normalised prices return but Nvidia and AMD are not struggling to sell hardware.
Fsr just makes it possible to get by with less for now= win regardless of the butthurt some display over Fsr?!

System Name Cyberline
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Yeah about that, you realise Every GPU is already sold almost everywhere, besides technically 2nd person resales.
Don't get me wrong, in part I agree on not buying until normalised prices return but Nvidia and AMD are not struggling to sell hardware.
Fsr just makes it possible to get by with less for now= win regardless of the butthurt some display over Fsr?!

Well that is just hte market, if so many people willing to pay so much money for it, then that is just the world now and I wont be a part of it any longer I guess.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Well that is just hte market, if so many people willing to pay so much money for it, then that is just the world now and I wont be a part of it any longer I guess.
Well I think it quite the opposite, very few will pay scalper price's, that why eBay's hammered with card's, TPU did a poll, most are on hold.
Every OEM is still building pre builds, so the tight supply exists, it's just not getting near the aftermarket self builders.

crypto will sort it all out soon hopefully.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Microsoft needs to invest on DirectML not fsr
People need to stop making silly comments about DirectML and figure the heck out that DirectML is a generic API for reducing overhead when doing ML with GPUs.

It has nothing to do with upscaling (although ше could be used for that).

Processor R9 5800x3d | R7 3900X | 4800H | 2x Xeon gold 6142
Motherboard Asrock X570M | AB350M Pro 4 | Asus Tuf A15
Cooling Air | Air | duh laptop
Memory 64gb G.skill SniperX @3600 CL16 | 128gb | 32GB | 192gb
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 |Quadro P5000 | RTX2060M
Storage Many drives
Display(s) M32Q,AOC 27" 144hz something.
Case Jonsbo D41
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse g502 Lightspeed
Keyboard G913 tkl
Software win11, proxmox
Benchmark Scores 33000FS, 16300 TS. Lappy, 7000 TS.
Everyone is happy as long as AMD doesn't block developers from implementing better upscalers like TAA Upsampling, UE5 Temporal Super Resolution and lastly DLSS :).
Digital Foundry just used UE4 unlocker in GodFall and try out TAA Upsampling vs FSR and guess what, TAA U is better, funny that GodFall somehow block gamers from using TAA U :roll: , no wonder the game is shit.

ehm, it disabled DOF that's why it's clarity increased.
Alex finally realized his mistakes after being told off by a lot of people in the industry but his editorial direction is : I won't bother, I'm right yet everyone have proven that his investigation is incorrect yet he refuses to change his article\video.......

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
So FSR is at best the same as TAAU
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10

I'm sure some people here will claim that it makes one card superior over the other but in reality any pandering to the advantages of DLSS or FSR being of any significant impact on viability of a card is 100% people defending their purchases. Neither technology is of significance when purchasing a video card. The same kind of pandering ocurred for worthless Game Works features in the past. It's not worth trying to convince those people. As for me I'll be sticking with my 1080 Ti for awhile longer, the king is not dead yet.

Processor R7 5800X
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix B550 I
Cooling Fractal Celsius
Memory 32
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus RTX 4080 OC
Storage Lots
Display(s) LG 4k, Dell 1440p
Case Fractal Nano S
Audio Device(s) Vintage
Power Supply EVGA 650 SFF
Mouse Pwnage SYM2
Keyboard EVGA Z15
I'm sure some people here will claim that it makes one card superior over the other but in reality any pandering to the advantages of DLSS or FSR being of any significant impact on viability of a card is 100% people defending their purchases. Neither technology is of significance when purchasing a video card. The same kind of pandering ocurred for worthless Game Works features in the past. It's not worth trying to convince those people. As for me I'll be sticking with my 1080 Ti for awhile longer, the king is not dead yet.
People enjoy different things and as a enthusiast I find the latest tech fun and fascinating.
I expect x amount of years of service from a garage door, not from a luxury item like a GPU.

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
ehm, it disabled DOF that's why it's clarity increased.
Alex finally realized his mistakes after being told off by a lot of people in the industry but his editorial direction is : I won't bother, I'm right yet everyone have proven that his investigation is incorrect yet he refuses to change his article\video.......

DoF don't blur out character's model dude, that not's how DoF work. Alex was comparing things that should have been in focus even when DoF is active (character's model), that's why his conclusion didn't change.
You can call out Kitguru for being newb too when they said TAAU is sharper every time LMAO.
I can call out HUB for being newb reviewer too when they compare Native with CAS disabled vs FSR, now just why would anyone do that when CAS is available with Native and there is no performance cost. Any game that use TAA always appear soft, so sharpen filter is always necessary, unless people just like the blurriness.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
People enjoy different things and as a enthusiast I find the latest tech fun and fascinating.
I expect x amount of years of service from a garage door, not from a luxury item like a GPU.

Case in point, the view that GPUs are a luxury item. To the vast majority of people, they are not.

As I pointed our earlier, perhaps that's why people feel so entitled to defend their GPU brand of choice. If you spend so much of your paycheck that you need to consider a single part to a computer system a luxury item your viewpoint is bound to be extremely scewed. I've purchased multiple $90 RX 580s for Christmases past. It was a small sum that provided great joy for those I purchased them for. You loose the narritive when you start having to epeen out the price of your GPU and by extension justify the ever rising price of graphics cards by classifying that as "luxury". More money then sense.

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Case in point, the view that GPUs are a luxury item. To the vast majority of people, they are not.

As I pointed our earlier, perhaps that's why people feel so entitled to defend their GPU brand of choice. If you spend so much of your paycheck that you need to consider a single part to a computer system a luxury item your viewpoint is bound to be extremely scewed. I've purchased multiple $90 RX 580s for Christmases past. It was a small sum that provided great joy for those I purchased them for. You loose the narritive when you start having to epeen out the price of your GPU and by extension justify the ever rising price of graphics cards by classifying that as "luxury". More money then sense.

People with different viewpoint and disposable income exist, if you think you are right and others are wrong then you are no different from fanboy anyways ;)