• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer Beta Opening up This Weekend

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
If you're on the fence about whether or not Halo Infinite will be worth your time, you might just get your chance to find it out for yourself as early as this weekend. 343 Industries has announced the first of a series of technical flightings for the next chapter in the Halo universe, with users being called in an invite-basis to participate in and provide feedback on the multiplayer element of Halo infinite (which will be free to play when the game launches later this year). The gameplay focus is on team fights against bots (a first in the Halo universe) in big arena maps, plus a tutorial system called The Academy, which will feature missions for players to get into the groove of Halo's combat rhythms.

Tempered expectations are best when coming into any games' beta, and 343 Industries has informed players that the current build of the game being deployed for this flighting is some two to three months old compared to the games' current development stage - so there is some leeway to pardon their dust. If you want to get a taste of Halo's famed arena combat, you'll have to sign-up to the Halo Insider initiative, where you can choose the platform of choice for participation in the flighting program. If you choose PC as your platform, there are some other hoops to jump through; you'll have to send Microsoft a diagnostic of your system's DxDiag report, as well as connect your Steam account via the Halo Insider program. Meet you there, Spartan.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Hmm, I wonder which manufacturer is going to blame it for bricked hardware this time? :D

ixi

Microsoft, stop milking dead cow, this cow is dead for past years... just stop...

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Microsoft, stop milking dead cow, this cow is dead for past years... just stop...

The constant remasters and remakes and re-hashing of first party title milking really is getting annoying. lol

Nintendo is the worst offender of this, so afraid to invest in something new and innovative, Sony is probably the best... they still do a lot of remasters but they also give home to a lot of breakthrough creative ideas.

System Name Main PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Cooling EKWB X570 VIII Hero Monoblock, 2x XD5, Heatkiller IV SB block for chipset,Alphacool 3090 Strix block
Memory 4x16GB 3200-14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident RGB (OC: 3600-14-14-14-28)
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3090 Strix OC
Storage 500GB+500GB SSD RAID0, Fusion IoDrive2 1.2TB, Huawei HSSD 2TB, 11TB on server used for steam
Display(s) Dell LG CX48 (custom res: 3840x1620@120Hz) + Acer XB271HU 2560x1440@144Hz
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD599, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 10 Pro 20H2
which will feature missions for players to get into the groove of Halo's combat rhythms.
In the flight right now it's only weapon drills, the tutorial missions are not included.
Tempered expectations are best when coming into any games' beta
It's not a beta. Technical preview. Consider it more akin to a very limited build that sits between Alpha and Beta stages of development.
as well as connect your Steam account via the Halo Insider program
You don't have to, it's just if you want to flight on Steam. You can choose to not do this and only be selected for flights on the Microsoft Store, however, for this flight it's Steam only.
What milking? Microsoft has only released 3 games in the Halo franchise (only 2 of which are mainline FPS games) after it was on top and the reigns were handed to 343i. The first one (4) had a good campaign and a bad MP, the second one (5) was utter garbage in campaign but the MP was good, so if 343i can learn from both and be good on both fronts then this will be a good game.
This isn't like EA or Ubisoft with annual releases that are barely new games. The last mainline Halo game was released 6 years ago...
Milking would imply they're doing too much with the IP, I'd argue they've been doing too little with it.

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
3090 owner after installing the Beta
Computer_Virus_Cartoon_Clip_Art_091110-053144-773042-267x250.jpg
Sorry for the off-topic

System Name Main PC
Cooling EKWB X570 VIII Hero Monoblock, 2x XD5, Heatkiller IV SB block for chipset,Alphacool 3090 Strix block
Storage 500GB+500GB SSD RAID0, Fusion IoDrive2 1.2TB, Huawei HSSD 2TB, 11TB on server used for steam
Display(s) Dell LG CX48 (custom res: 3840x1620@120Hz) + Acer XB271HU 2560x1440@144Hz
Case Corsair 1000D

Don't know who released what, but there are more than 3 games.
Are you really trying to imply that the Bungie-era games (2010 and prior) were milking the franchise?
Do you not realize the significance of the Halo franchise in gaming?
You really sound like someone with zero interest in the franchise, in which case, your opinion is part of the minority and there's no purpose in listening to you.
Specifically in the last decade, after Microsoft got the IP to Halo from Bungie and created their own in-house developer (343 industries), they've only put out 2 mainline Halo games, 1 RTS, 2 spin-off mobile games, and a remaster collection, all of which have been mostly lackluster. In that same time (well, in 9 years), Bungie managed to put out 5 amazing mainline Halo games. So under Microsoft Halo has more than halved its output of mainline games, even given an additional 2 years. How is that milking to you?

ixi

Are you really trying to imply that the Bungie-era games (2010 and prior) were milking the franchise?
Do you not realize the significance of the Halo franchise in gaming?
You really sound like someone with zero interest in the franchise, in which case, your opinion is part of the minority and there's no purpose in listening to you.
Specifically in the last decade, after Microsoft got the IP to Halo from Bungie and created their own in-house developer (343 industries), they've only put out 2 mainline Halo games, 1 RTS, 2 spin-off mobile games, and a remaster collection, all of which have been mostly lackluster. In that same time (well, in 9 years), Bungie managed to put out 5 amazing mainline Halo games. So under Microsoft Halo has more than halved its output of mainline games, even given an additional 2 years. How is that milking to you?

Like I mentioned before, there are more than 3 games from halo series. Doesnt matter who and when they got released. There are more than 3 games in franchise.

Yes, I'm not into halo franchise. Game is overhyped because of fellow Americans (I'm not saying that Americans are dumb or something like that). If these players from America wouldn't support the franchise starting from first halo this game would have died out already.

How is that milking from my point of view? - they grab money from the same persons who played previous games. I doubt that they can get in new comers to the game. Even if they do they leave the game fast. Halo was FPS. Now it has RTS and mobile games. How is that not milking :D.

System Name Main PC
Case Corsair 1000D
Like I mentioned before, there are more than 3 games from halo series. Doesnt matter who and when they got released. There are more than 3 games in franchise.

Yes, I'm not into halo franchise. Game is overhyped because of fellow Americans (I'm not saying that Americans are dumb or something like that). If these players from America wouldn't support the franchise starting from first halo this game would have died out already.

How is that milking from my point of view? - they grab money from the same persons who played previous games. I doubt that they can get in new comers to the game. Even if they do they leave the game fast. Halo was FPS. Now it has RTS and mobile games. How is that not milking :D.
Halo Wars, released over a decade ago, was an RTS. There has only been one more RTS since then in 2018.
Yes, the mobile games were trash, admittedly. The fans were pretty vocal about that however and since then they've not made any more mobile games.
Doesnt matter who and when they got released. There are more than 3 games in franchise.
It really does matter though. As the developer changed the pacing of games slowed down, which in my books is the opposite of milking.
How is that milking from my point of view? - they grab money from the same persons who played previous games.
Oh, no, bringing new content catered to their fans, what a... bad.. thing? So is literally every franchise a milking to you? Because literally every franchise fulfills your criteria.
I doubt that they can get in new comers to the game. Even if they do they leave the game fast.
"The game"
You said it yourself, it's multiple games. They're all quite different from eachother.
Anyhow, Infinite is going F2P so it'll bring in a lot more casual players, and with their recent push to market Halo to younger people through the means of other titles like Fortnite, I can definitely see Infinite taking off in younger crowds and getting a whole new audience. Hell, Halo 5 still has an active playerbase outside of die-hard Halo fans.
Halo was FPS. Now it has RTS and mobile games
Infinite is an FPS... So was 5 and 4 prior to that.
In the last decade there were 3 huge FPS games, 1 RTS and 2 tiny mobile games.