• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Launches Prime Mini Mice with Optical Magnetic Switches

SteelSeries, today announced the launch of the all-new Prime Mini and Prime Mini Wireless eSports mice. Building on the award-winning success of the Prime franchise that revolutionized gaming mice technology with the first-ever optical magnetic switches in eSports, the newest edition to the Prime series introduces a lineup of smaller, lighter mice featuring the same cutting-edge Prestige OM technology. Fit, feel, and lightning-fast response time are crucial for fast attacks, melees, and (ultimately) wins. Featuring an ultra-lightweight, ergonomic shape with a smaller profile, the Prime Mini is engineered to be 12% lighter and the Prime Mini Wireless is sculpted to be 9% lighter within a form factor mini silhouette.

Each mouse in the Prime lineup is equipped with Prestige OM switches that are engineered to last 5x longer than the competition, providing crispy clicks with lightning-fast response times that harness the power of light. The revolutionary Optical Magnetic switches, the first OM switch in eSports, actuate at quantum speeds so that gamers can beat the competition to the trigger every time. Not all clicks are made the same - most degrade with each click of the mouse. The unique Prime design utilizes a magnetic core to ensure that the 100 millionth click feels just as crispy as the very first.

Prime Mini - Smaller. Lighter. Featuring a battle-tested form factor mini shape that has been constructed for sustained comfort at the highest levels of play, the Prime Mini's ultra-lightweight silhouette weighs in at a mere 61 g. The hyper-durable framework withstands the most intense wear and tear, and a textured matte finish ensures a non-slip grip. The TrueMove Pro sensor provides eSports pro performance, and onboard customization makes selecting settings easy.

Prime Mini Wireless - Smaller, lighter, and wireless. Taking the form factor shape of the Prime Mini and adding the option of being unbridled, the Prime Mini Wireless weighs in at only 73 g to help reduce hand fatigue and a best-in-class battery provides features over 100 hours of gameplay plus fast charging. All the ingredients for victory come standard, including a hyper-durable design for intense wear and tear, a textured matte finish for a non-slip grip, and a TrueMove Air sensor for eSports pro performance and onboard customization.

Pricing & Availability

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I found it too expensive.
I used a Prime Wireless for some weeks: great shape, good wheel, weird clicks but good buttons, and everything looked solid. But it's a very "simple" mouse (thing that I really enjoy) at a way too premium price.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Not entirely related but I kinda lost my respect for Steelseries with their horrible functioning constant give-aways, it just kinda pathetic marketing.
in the old days I would have put Steelseries next to Noctua or something, no fuzz, just good products but today they come across a bit razer-y...which is just...gross.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I just cant picture eSports player with this tiny mouse, wireless even...

Processor Intel Core i5 12400F Alder Lake Hex-Core Processor @ 2.5 GHz
Motherboard Asrock B760M Pro RS/D4
Cooling Thermalright Assassin 120X Refined SE
Memory 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance LPX
Video Card(s) Asus RTX2060-DUAL-O6G EVO (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060)
Storage 1TB Samsung PM9A1 NVMe + 500GB Crucial P3 NVMe + 2TB WD Black P10 External HDD
Display(s) Asus VG278Q TN Full HD 144Hz Gaming Monitor
Case MSI MAG Shield 110R
Audio Device(s) Logitech G Pro X Wireless Gaming Headset
Power Supply CoolerMaster MWE Bronze v2 450W
Mouse Razer Viper V3 Hyperspeed w/ Hyperpolling Dongle + Razer Deathadder V3 Wired
Keyboard VGN VXE ATK68 Gateron Mechanical Hall-Effect| Monka 3075 V2 Pro Cherry Powder
Software AtlasOS v0.4
A bit too expensive to be honest.
I want to experience the mouse clicks myself, it sounds pretty good through YouTube vids.
Plus, this should render the normal Prime (and probably the Prime+) meaningless because they both have the PTFE feet that the Prime Wireless has. It's really confusing from SteelSeries lol

I just cant picture eSports player with this tiny mouse, wireless even...

Agree, but these aren't definitely tiny - there are smaller gaming mice than these for sure.

I like the look of the shape and minimal design but that price is way outside the norm, if it comes down to reasonable level I'd look at it.

On a side note how is SteelSeries software? I'd like to get a wireless keyboard (TKL) / mouse combo that I can easily switch from work to home PC.

Processor Intel Core i5 12400F Alder Lake Hex-Core Processor @ 2.5 GHz
Motherboard Asrock B760M Pro RS/D4
Cooling Thermalright Assassin 120X Refined SE
Memory 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance LPX
Video Card(s) Asus RTX2060-DUAL-O6G EVO (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060)
Storage 1TB Samsung PM9A1 NVMe + 500GB Crucial P3 NVMe + 2TB WD Black P10 External HDD
Display(s) Asus VG278Q TN Full HD 144Hz Gaming Monitor
Case MSI MAG Shield 110R
Audio Device(s) Logitech G Pro X Wireless Gaming Headset
Power Supply CoolerMaster MWE Bronze v2 450W
Mouse Razer Viper V3 Hyperspeed w/ Hyperpolling Dongle + Razer Deathadder V3 Wired
Keyboard VGN VXE ATK68 Gateron Mechanical Hall-Effect| Monka 3075 V2 Pro Cherry Powder
Software AtlasOS v0.4
On a side note how is SteelSeries software? I'd like to get a wireless keyboard (TKL) / mouse combo that I can easily switch from work to home PC.

They recently updated to a newer name called GG with some extra functions, I didn't have that much time using it with my old Sensei Ten.
The previous Engine software is good enough, doesn't take that much memory from my 8GB laptop. It's fine.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Absofuckinglutely not to both of those prices. SteelSeries been drinking that Asus ROG Kool-Aid....