• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EU Court Withdraws €1.06 billion Intel Antitrust Fine

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
Well , to be fair , i think that IF the information of Jim's AdoredTV video about this case is accurate , AMD is somewhat responsible for the outcome that we are seeing today.
According to this video
(which i think is one of Jim's greatest moments) during the European Commission's verdict ,many details had remain hidden from the public ,because certain EU laws were giving Intel(and other companies involved) the right to hide from the public , documents that could be considered as "confidential" by those companies (17:24 of the video) .
According to the video , this would change when the New York Attorney General also filed a (Federal antitrust) lawsuit against Intel and in that upcoming trial the public would be informed about all these confidential documents (19:40 of the video) .
It was at this moment that AMD chose to settle with Intel ,thus not only ending the Federal case before the public knows about all the facts , but also leaving the EU's case legally compromised as it was proved with the recent news we read in this TPU thread.
I love Jim, it's such a shame that he hasn't the willpower, health or whatever to keep doing this kind of journalism (which he gets trolled relentlessly by tech fanbois for). Without him, we have no credible, non-biased, not bought and paid for tech (ad revenue, samples etc) journalists left anymore. All I see are YouTubers pretending to care about gamers, fashionably moaning about miners, whilst stacking their sets high with free RTX, Ryzen & Intel sample boxes. Some have so much that they sell them on the side. I guess Hardware Unboxed, TechTeamGB and Gamers Nexus stand out as decent, but the're not investigative journalists, looking for the inside scoop on the inner workings of the tech industry. Mind you, there are less than a handful of real investigative journalists in the entire Western world nowadays.

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
I love Jim, it's such a shame that he hasn't the willpower, health or whatever to keep doing this kind of journalism (which he gets trolled relentlessly by tech fanbois for).
You know this isn't his full-time job, right?
Met him a couple of years ago, nice guy.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
You know this isn't his full-time job, right?
Met him a couple of years ago, nice guy.
Yeah, I only know a little about his private life, I understand he has been having more health problems recently. I think these days it's impossible to be an independent journalist and be able to earn enough money to live, so it doesn't surprise me that he has a "real" job to make ends meet. I really like the guy, and I hope he returns one day, we need him and what he does. I just know he would be the one to blow up this current "mining" stuff, and expose what's really going on, and the shady deals going on in the background.