• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Arc DG2-512 Built on TSMC 6nm, Has More Transistors than GA104 and Navi 22

Deedeecockkkk

Did anyone realize it says the MOBILE GPU A770M is equivalent to the DESKTOP AMD RX 6700 XT in TFLOPs???? Thats bonkers if it’s true because it means the mobile GPUs would be equivalent to the desktop GPUs just with a tad lower TDP and clocks!!!

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
It is quite fascinating seeing Intel's PR worked on confusing ppl's concepts on Brand names and the actual architecture.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
This is not true. From an architecture standpoint, ARC and Xe graphics are likely built on the same foundation, with perhaps some minor differences. Alder Lake’s UHD graphics is basically derived from the same Xe graphic solution. All are just naming conventions, but fundamentally, I believe they are pretty much the same. I feel the naming convention is a huge mess as usual from Intel where they have ARC, Xe, DG1, UHD, etc…
Maybe they are or maybe they aren't. I'm sure Intel know about the quirks that are with the older iGPUs and I'm sure these will have to be tackled. i would not get surprised if the iGPUs be abandoned at some point and focus will be on arc. With them being same? I'm not so sure about that. Just because it is graphics from the same company, it does not have to be that way. Maybe the difference is so substantial, that the drivers will be separate. Sometimes it is better to start from scratch and get a dedicated driver than implement a driver into existing one. I'm sure Intel has thought about it but obviously we can't tell for sure.