• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Announces Ryzen 6000 PRO Series of Notebook Processors

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
AMD has unveiled a host of new laptop processors under its Ryzen PRO branding for corporate notebooks, although this time around, AMD has also tagged on an extra "50" to the model number. As such, the top of the range models are the Ryzen 9 Pro 6950H/HS, which appears to be more or less identical to the Ryzen 9 6900HX/HS. There's also a Ryzen 7 and 5 version in the H-series, as well as a Ryzen 7 and 5 in the U-series. In addition to these models, AMD also announced three new Ryzen PRO 5000 U-series models, which end up with the 75 suffix compared to the 25 suffix of the consumer models. These last three CPUs are based on the Zen 3 rather than the Zen 3+ architecture, just as with the consumer models.

AMD claims in excess of 26 hours of battery life from the Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U fitted inside an HP EliteBook 865 G9 with a 76 Wh battery pack. HP and Lenovo appear to be the launch partners for the new PRO series CPUs and HP will offer three different 800-series SKUs with the 6000-series processors and three other notebook series with the 5000-series processors. Lenovo on the other hand has its new Thinkpad Z13 and Z16 notebooks as AMD Ryzen 6000 PRO series exclusive models, as well as the four different Thinkpad models that will come with the same series of CPUs, plus several other models based on the 5000 series CPUs.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

No Dell commercial laptop solution?
It seems that even 6000 PRO series isn't enough to convince Dell.
Also Lenovo is getting the exclusive 6860Z (probably HP not willing to make a specially designed commercial solution build around 6000 PRO) when HP (who was the only one supporting AMD in the post Sandy Bridge era up to Ryzen era in the commercial front) will have only 8 series EliteBooks.

Also Lenovo is getting the exclusive 6860Z (probably HP not willing to make a specially designed commercial solution build around 6000 PRO) when HP (who was the only one supporting AMD in the post Sandy Bridge era up to Ryzen era in the commercial front) will have only 8 series EliteBooks.
HP is the only one I trust. I just hope they put 2.5Gbps NIC.

ARF

I guess both HP and Dell receive those Athlon 64 era type of "promotions" and "discounts" from Intel.

The best friend money can buy... :(

HP is the only one I trust. I just hope they put 2.5Gbps NIC.
It seems minor changes vs G8 design, so probably Realtek GbE Controller otherwise the PDF should have mentioned something:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Dell has been a puppet of intel...

YYMC

Ryzen 5000 laptop is still strong enough at low power,why not ADM try ultra low power mobile processors? That may easily defeat mobil pentium.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
What bugs me about this press release is that there is no talk of the single biggest improvement Rembrandt has to offer - the GPU configuration. Zen3 CPU core performance isn't news; We've known about that for 18 months already and there are zero surprises to speak of because every site and streamer has covered the entire family to death since launch.

It's the RDNA2 IGPs are the hot news and they are especially important for prosumer/enterprise laptops because an IGP that supports CAD packages without needing a second Quadro dGPU is a big deal.
AMD don't even bother telling us how many RDNA CUs are in each model, let alone their clockspeed or whether the IGP will be using Radeon Pro drivers instead of the regular Adrenaline gaming drivers.

What bugs me about this press release is that there is no talk of the single biggest improvement Rembrandt has to offer - the GPU configuration. Zen3 CPU core performance isn't news; We've known about that for 18 months already and there are zero surprises to speak of because every site and streamer has covered the entire family to death since launch.

It's the RDNA2 IGPs are the hot news and they are especially important for prosumer/enterprise laptops because an IGP that supports CAD packages without needing a second Quadro dGPU is a big deal.
AMD don't even bother telling us how many RDNA CUs are in each model, let alone their clockspeed or whether the IGP will be using Radeon Pro drivers instead of the regular Adrenaline gaming drivers.
Yes, it is really odd. Frightening, if you wish. No sarcasm here.

Processor Intel Core i5 4590
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 8GiB(2x4GiB) DDR3-1600 [800MHz]
Video Card(s) XFX RX 560D 4GiB
Storage Transcend SSD370S 128GB; Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung S20D300 20" 768p TN
Case Cooler Master MasterBox E501L
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair VS450
Mouse A4Tech N-70FX
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores BaseMark GPU : 250 Point in HD 4600

Most OEM is happy to shove APU with MX330 + single channel RAM + HDD, so AMD skipping iGPU is natural.