• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Qualcomm Debuts Wi-Fi 7 Networking Pro Series, Offering Wireless speeds of up to 33.1 Gbps

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. today announced its Wi-Fi 7 capable Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Gen 3 family of platforms. Now sampling and available to global development partners, the Qualcomm Networking Pro Series, Gen3 is the world's highest performance Wi-Fi 7 network infrastructure platform portfolio commercially available. Building upon the multi-generation legacy of the Qualcomm Networking Pro Series platforms, the products combine Wi-Fi 7 features with Qualcomm Technologies' intelligent multi-channel management technologies to improve speeds, lower latency, and enhance network utilization for users of Wi-Fi 6/6E devices while offering game-changing throughput and incredibly low latency for the next generation of Wi-Fi 7 client devices.

"Qualcomm Technologies has enabled the era of 10 Gbps Wi-Fi with our first customer deliveries of the Wi-Fi 7 Networking Pro Series," said Nick Kucharewski, senior vice president and general manager, Wireless Infrastructure and Networking, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. "Combining support for the latest Wi-Fi 7 innovations with our unique product architecture, the platform enables solutions ranging from whole-home mesh to connectivity networks for large public venues. With this product line, we anticipate a new class of customer systems for both today's applications and the emerging Wi-Fi 7 ecosystem."

"Building upon the strong Wi-Fi 6/6E momentum and leadership, Qualcomm Technologies' Wi-Fi 7 capable third generation Networking Pro series platform delivers record wireless capacity and throughput performance taking the Wi-Fi infrastructure across home and enterprises to the next level." said, Neil Shah, Research Vice President, Counterpoint Research. "Introducing Wi-Fi 7 innovations such as Simultaneous Multi-Link Operations, 4K QAM, quad-band configurations in a highly scalable, modular, and optimized architecture, Qualcomm Technologies is raising the table stakes once again and driving the industry into the 10 Gbps+ era. This innovative platform thus helps deliver immersive and content-rich wireless experiences even in constrained environments not possible earlier."

"We are proud to connect with Qualcomm Technologies to deliver advanced wireless networking solutions," said Sean Harris, President and CMO of eero. "Qualcomm's suite of Wi-Fi networking products helps us offer the latest technology and a broad portfolio to our retail, professional installer, homebuilder, and internet service provider customers in 19 countries around the world."

This third generation of the Qualcomm Networking Pro Series sets new industry benchmarks for networking platform performance. The family enables systems with peak aggregate wireless capacity of 33 Gbps and point-to-point connections exceeding 10 Gbps. With advanced features for interference detection and multilink operation, the Wi-Fi 7 Network Pro Series enables deterministic low latency across challenging shared wireless environments, enabling application performance rivaling private spectrum. The products can support high speed low latency wireless backhaul for home mesh Wi-Fi and enterprise infrastructure with reliable performance even in the presence of neighboring interference. When combined with high performance internet access such as 5G fixed-wireless access or 10G PON fiber, customers can experience immersive connected experiences including high resolution videoconferencing, AR/VR, and high-performance cloud gaming.

Available in tri-band, and quad-band configurations, the Qualcomm Networking Pro Series enables Wi-Fi connectivity across 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz spectrum. Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Wi-Fi 7 platforms achieve unparalleled performance through expert implementation of key features, including:
  • Support for Wi-Fi 7 320 MHz channels (delivering a two-times increase in throughput over Wi-Fi 6) provides maximum throughput and ultra-low latency for the most demanding real-time gaming, streaming, video sharing, and XR applications.
  • Multi-Link technology enables customer traffic to dynamically aggregate or alternate bands to avoid wireless interference and deliver deterministic, predictable low latency in heavily congested environments. When paired with leading Wi-Fi 7 client systems, like the Qualcomm FastConnect 7800, Qualcomm Networking Pro Series, Gen 3 platforms can offer support for High Band Simultaneous (HBS) Multi-Link. HBS Multi-Link leverages the high performance 5 and 6 GHz bands to deliver the best throughput and latency Multi-Link performance.
  • To maximize 6 GHz operation, including long-range and outdoors, the Qualcomm AFC service is a turnkey solution for hardware and software. The Qualcomm AFC Solution is available for customer device integration today across Qualcomm Networking Pro Series and Qualcomm Immersive Home platforms. The Qualcomm AFC Solution is available for customer device integration today and once regulatory approvals are granted, the Qualcomm AFC Solution will be commercially available for use by the public.

As with previous generations, these third-generation Qualcomm Networking Pro Series platforms are custom designed to ensure customer's quick time-to-market in a wide range of connectivity solutions. The highly scalable platform architecture leverages a common software and hardware development approach to deliver a range of globally relevant configurations, each supporting optimized multiband channel utilization schemes to address varied regional spectrum availability. Customers can select from a breadth of platforms, whether targeting enterprise, small/medium-sized business, carrier gateway, prosumer mesh, or home deployments. The full range of platform offerings include:
  • Qualcomm Networking Pro 1620: Quad-band, 16-stream, 33.1 Gbps peak wireless capacity for stadium, large enterprise, premium home mesh systems.
  • Qualcomm Networking Pro 1220: Tri-band, 12-stream, 21.6 Gbps peak wireless capacity for enterprise, SMB, prosumer, and premium home mesh systems.
  • Qualcomm Networking Pro 820: Quad-band, 8-stream, 13.7 Gbps peak wireless capacity for enterprise, SMB, prosumer, and premium home mesh systems.
  • Qualcomm Networking Pro 620: Tri-band, 6-stream, 10.8 Gbps peak wireless capacity for enterprise, SMB, gaming, and home mesh systems.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Meanwhile most don't have decent 100Mbps internet access, and in many places there are restrictions on the maximum volume of data per month... this 2867576gbps advertisement is very pretty on paper. There is not even infrastructure for everyone to have access to such speeds. period.

highyield

Meanwhile most don't have decent 100Mbps internet access, and in many places there are restrictions on the maximum volume of data per month... this 2867576gbps advertisement is very pretty on paper. There is not even infrastructure for everyone to have access to such speeds. period.
Don't worry, it's coming. You'll need these kind of speeds to "upload" your conscience to the "server" and be connected with the AI - or viceversa. You just have to wait for the new order to be installed into the world.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I mean that's great on paper but the very very best of the best Wi-Fi 6 router/adapter pairings on the market managed about 2Gbit in uncongested RF space at a miniscule 10-feet distance with line of sight to the router.

So that's 2Gbit out of the claimed 9.6Gbit of Wi-Fi 6 and only when you're close enough to use a fucking $2 cable anyway.

Call me a pessimist if you want, the tests dont lie and I'd be surprised if Wi-Fi 7, Quad-band, 16-stream typical speeds are much faster than gigabit ethernet when used in a real-world situation of "a couple of rooms away through some drywall fighting the other ten WiFi networks of my neighbours.

System Name Incomplete thing 1.0
Processor Ryzen 2600
Motherboard B450 Aorus Elite
Cooling Gelid Phantom Black
Memory HyperX Fury RGB 3200 CL16 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 2060 Gaming OC PRO
Storage Dual 1TB 970evo
Display(s) AOC G2U 1440p 144hz, HP e232
Case CM mb511 RGB
Audio Device(s) Reloop ADM-4
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM-600
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Sharkoon SGK3 Blue
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 2-5% over stock scores
I mean that's great on paper but the very very best of the best Wi-Fi 6 router/adapter pairings on the market managed about 2Gbit in uncongested RF space at a miniscule 10-feet distance with line of sight to the router.

So that's 2Gbit out of the claimed 9.6Gbit of Wi-Fi 6 and only when you're close enough to use a fucking $2 cable anyway.

Call me a pessimist if you want, the tests dont lie and I'd be surprised if Wi-Fi 7, Quad-band, 16-stream typical speeds are much faster than gigabit ethernet when used in a real-world situation of "a couple of rooms away through some drywall fighting the other ten WiFi networks of my neighbours.
Oh that's honestly pretty bad. I got basically gigabit (900 mbit, but you know) on an AX200 with a cheap 160mhz capable router. I really expected more from those super expensive high end devices running on near zero RF with more than just 2x2 MU-MIMO. Like 5-10 gigabit range.

Anyways, I hope any WiFi 7 routers aren't either unbuyable or too expensive (see 6E routers) for regular people, and along with that fit some multigig ethernet. What's the point of having 114534 gigabit WiFi when you can't even run internet or any meaningful lan device higher than gigabit (knowing most high end stuff only have 2.5gbe on WAN). With internet speeds rising (2Gigabit available) there should really be capable routers on the market, not having to rely on aggregation to get those speeds. Most mid-range mobo's have 2.5gbe on them, I hope they start actually getting used for more than just a NAS.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Oh that's honestly pretty bad. I got basically gigabit (900 mbit, but you know) on an AX200 with a cheap 160mhz capable router. I really expected more from those super expensive high end devices running on near zero RF with more than just 2x2 MU-MIMO. Like 5-10 gigabit range.

Anyways, I hope any WiFi 7 routers aren't either unbuyable or too expensive (see 6E routers) for regular people, and along with that fit some multigig ethernet. What's the point of having 114534 gigabit WiFi when you can't even run internet or any meaningful lan device higher than gigabit (knowing most high end stuff only have 2.5gbe on WAN). With internet speeds rising (2Gigabit available) there should really be capable routers on the market, not having to rely on aggregation to get those speeds. Most mid-range mobo's have 2.5gbe on them, I hope they start actually getting used for more than just a NAS.
It's worse than that - all of these tests that show WiFi6 (and Wifi5) to be only a fraction of their stated speed in the real world also use 5GHz and 5GHz is shit at penetrating walls. Performance absolutely plummets off a cliff the minute you move to a different room because 5GHz is both short range and troubled by simple things like doorways.

So, unless you're in the same room as your fancy new WiFi 7 router you might be better off using 2.4GHz, which gets nowhere near the same bandwidth as multi-channel 5GHz.

I don't really care, even good wifi is worthless compared to a 2.5GbE USB adapter and I can suffer the inconvenience of having to plug in if it turns a 3-hour job into a 10-minute job.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
it seems liked last month that wifi6 started making the rounds.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
This is great, i can use this with my 50Mb internet

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
Anyone interested in anything beyond 100 Mbps will likely be looking exclusively at CAT5/6 cables or fiber. Not Wifi.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB
People say they don't even have 100-Mbps, but that isn't the point. I think the application of those wireless WIFI 7 speeds are meant for things like NAS devices with multiple high speed clients such as Lightroom servers and storage of large video files for videography work without having to have anything attached to your editing machines.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
People say they don't even have 100-Mbps, but that isn't the point. I think the application of those wireless WIFI 7 speeds are meant for things like NAS devices with multiple high speed clients such as Lightroom servers and storage of large video files for videography work without having to have anything attached to your editing machines.
We know, but any time someone wants to use high speed transfers regularly they're always going to end up wired
It will prove useful in a lot of situations long term, but short term it's not that amazing

While I like faster WiFi, I'll be more happy with a WiFi that has better penetration for both drywall and blockwall, and can handle >3 walls with ease while keeping decent speeds.

Nowadays they're promoting faster speeds that can only work in the same room, and as soon as you move to the next room speed will dip to the seventh Earth.

And all these new solutions cost a lot, spending $200+ on a single AP is hilarious when you need more than one to get good coverage.

I hope the next WiFi standard will focus more on penetration while maintaining speed, they're focusing so much on the 5GHz bands and the new 6GHz. We want more speed in the 2.4GHz bands and accelerate the 900MHz adoptions with much faster speeds, not just for IoT, but for consumer devices as well. I mean when we're in a hard to reach spot in our property we just need things that works, no need for gigabit, a stable 100-200mb is enough for most people.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S
Memory 4x Kingston HyperX 16G 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix 4800
Case Inwin 909
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 P2
Mouse Razer Lancehead Wireless
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 TKL
Software Debian Linux / Win11
sure, use 370 MHz channel and gobble up all available frequencies. Not useful for outdoor use, since some weather radars use certain channels

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
While I like faster WiFi, I'll be more happy with a WiFi that has better penetration for both drywall and blockwall, and can handle >3 walls with ease while keeping decent speeds.

Nowadays they're promoting faster speeds that can only work in the same room, and as soon as you move to the next room speed will dip to the seventh Earth.

And all these new solutions cost a lot, spending $200+ on a single AP is hilarious when you need more than one to get good coverage.

I hope the next WiFi standard will focus more on penetration while maintaining speed, they're focusing so much on the 5GHz bands and the new 6GHz. We want more speed in the 2.4GHz bands and accelerate the 900MHz adoptions with much faster speeds, not just for IoT, but for consumer devices as well. I mean when we're in a hard to reach spot in our property we just need things that works, no need for gigabit, a stable 100-200mb is enough for most people.
Penetration is more important than speed. Mobile networks go down to 800MHz and they'll work in an elevator surrounded by three feet of concrete as you are in a sealed steel box.

Honestly, if we could get close to Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n 600Mbps) theoretical speeds with reliable latency and enough penetration that a single access point could serve your typical residential property, I think 99.x% of the population would be very happy with it.

5GHz and presumably 6GHz is useless the minute you leave the room, which is why mega-expensive mesh networks are needed with so many access points.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Penetration is more important than speed. Mobile networks go down to 800MHz and they'll work in an elevator surrounded by three feet of concrete as you are in a sealed steel box.

Honestly, if we could get close to Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n 600Mbps) theoretical speeds with reliable latency and enough penetration that a single access point could serve your typical residential property, I think 99.x% of the population would be very happy with it.

5GHz and presumably 6GHz is useless the minute you leave the room, which is why mega-expensive mesh networks are needed with so many access points.
The upside of the shorter range of 5 and 6 GHz signals, is that you're not going to have massive interference from your neighbours like you do on the 2.4 GHz band, since most people don't have the faintest clue about how to configure their WiFi channels to cause as little interference as possible.

It's worse than that - all of these tests that show WiFi6 (and Wifi5) to be only a fraction of their stated speed in the real world also use 5GHz and 5GHz is shit at penetrating walls. Performance absolutely plummets off a cliff the minute you move to a different room because 5GHz is both short range and troubled by simple things like doorways.

So, unless you're in the same room as your fancy new WiFi 7 router you might be better off using 2.4GHz, which gets nowhere near the same bandwidth as multi-channel 5GHz.

I don't really care, even good wifi is worthless compared to a 2.5GbE USB adapter and I can suffer the inconvenience of having to plug in if it turns a 3-hour job into a 10-minute job.

That's why nowadays you need to buy a mesh network.

Just buy a 3-5 pack at once for your house, it will eliminate most of the loss of 5ghz.

If you buy a single router it's really not much for a big surface.

i have a Wifi6 mesh with 1000Mbps internet and i can cap my internet speed over wifi, no problem on most my devices (laptop/desktop) and my phones doesn't have wifi 6 but it can do about 300Mbps out of the 1000mbps of my internet. which is fine. not like i have to download dozen of gb upon gb on my phone daily

house here is a mix of Mesh + cables, basically the mesh communicates in wifi between different areas of the house and every computer (3 desktops) in the house is wired to the mesh repeater, every portable device (5 phones, 3 tablets, 2 laptops) is on the wifi, everyone gets pretty much all the speed they need.

System Name System V
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Case NZXT Source 210
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
The upside of the shorter range of 5 and 6 GHz signals, is that you're not going to have massive interference from your neighbours like you do on the 2.4 GHz band, since most people don't have the faintest clue about how to configure their WiFi channels to cause as little interference as possible.
It hardly matters if you have neighbors below, above and around you (nearly every apartment ever) . There aren't enough, well separated channels in those cases. Though the lack of penetration from 5 GHz wifi could make up for that? Since it would have a harder time penetrating walls, you'd get less interference?? You'd need mesh, though, and maybe some time to configure the appropriate signal power so that it doesn't try to constantly connect to an AP that is within range but too far to be stable and fast enough.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
It hardly matters if you have neighbors below, above and around you (nearly every apartment ever) . There aren't enough, well separated channels in those cases. Though the lack of penetration from 5 GHz wifi could make up for that? Since it would have a harder time penetrating walls, you'd get less interference?? You'd need mesh, though, and maybe some time to configure the appropriate signal power so that it doesn't try to constantly connect to an AP that is within range but too far to be stable and fast enough.
Well, yes, but by co-ordinating the 2.4 GHz band, there are ways to at least reduce interference, unlike how it is today when people don't understand how to select WiFi channels and just pick something random.

I can see three other 5 GHz networks and the signal is so weak that neither would cause any interference and only one is sharing the same frequency range.
On the 2.4 GHz band there are a dozen other networks I can see and some clever people are using overlapping channels, which are guaranteed to cause interference.
Keep in mind that I live in something like a terraced house and not in a flat and if it's this bad here, I dread to know how it is for people who live in high-density housing.

WiFi 7 is meant to automagically work around some of these problems, using things like AIP and AFC.
AFC seems to be for commercial installations only, as it requires some kind of cloud service to coordinate the frequencies used, but it would be nice if that was an option for consumers as well.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
I agree. On paper, the numbers look impressive. But globally, I wonder how many countries have that kind of infrastructure to allow such high bandwidth. Also, there are too many factors that affects wireless performance. I've used Wifi 6 routers/ mesh systems for quite a number of years, and I've never ever seen my Wifi 6 capable devices running anywhere near the theoretical speed, even if the device is less than 2 meters away from the router. Connecting the devices with a LAN cable and I can immediately observe a 30% jump in transfer rate and latency.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Since when did the NBN get that good
Prior to my divorce i had 130Mb on FTTN, it was glorious
Skip on 10 years and i'm in a newer house in the same suburb... 60Mb.

An election is coming so news leaked out that we're due to get FTTP... maybe. Eventually.

System Name System V
Case NZXT Source 210
An election is coming so news leaked out that we're due to get FTTP... maybe. Eventually.
"Vote me and you'll get that sweet, sweeeeet Gigabit internet you have always wanted"

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Oh yeah FTTP is the only way to go and the only reason I can get upito 8Gb up/down currently sitting on 2Gb up/down and that's good enough for me