• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD GPU Prices Fall Below MSRP in Europe, NVIDIA GPUs Approach the Baseline

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Graphics card prices have been on a steady decline in the past few months, following their peak in May of last year when we saw double and triple pricing compared to the baseline MSRP value. According to the 3DCenter.org report, which tracks graphics card prices in Germany and Austria, we have information that AMD GPU prices have dipped below MSRP, while NVIDIA GPUs are very close to baseline listed prices. The report tracks Ethereum mining profitability and displays it in the yellow line. As the line is declining, so are the GPU prices. For AMD, the prices are now 8% below the 100% of MSRP. At 92%, consumers can find AMD GPUs at a slight discount. While AMD cards are slightly cheaper, NVIDIA GPUs are now at 102% of the MSRP, the lowest price point since the launch.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Well they'll probably fall much lower, could be a sign of (bad) things to come! Generally speaking Megacorps know about this stuff a lot earlier than your average pleb :shadedshu:

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
This only proved the old saying: "A fool & his money are soon parted"

But the real question is whether these so-called "msrp's" are just falling back to what they were at the upswing of the pandemic/scalping trend, or actually back to what they were back in the "normal" days, when a top-of-the-line GPu could easily be had for around $600-900, at least here in the US anyways.......

System Name Home
Processor 5950x
Motherboard Asrock Taichi x370
Cooling Thermalright True Spirit 140
Memory Patriot 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 10gb
Storage Too many to count
Display(s) U2518D+u2417h
Case Chieftec
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply seasonic prime 1000W
Mouse Razer Viper
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 10
Even so, my generation is too old to care about GPU upgrades and PC games and kids don't seem interested in PC gaming at all.
Most of them use some console to play or mobile phone.
Whatever the price, high or low, i see very little interest in GPU's and desktop computers in general.
I do event videography and photography, most of my clients don't have a desktop computer, laptop,phone and smart TV is where they consume media, my website statistics show 99% access from mobile phones.

Even so, my generation is too old to care about GPU upgrades and PC games and kids don't seem interested in PC gaming at all.
Whatever the price, high or low, i see very little interest in GPU's and desktop computers in general.
I do event videography and photography, most of my clients don't have a desktop computer, laptop,phone and smart TV is where they consume media, my website statistics show 99% access from mobile phones.
Strange things you see considering PC gaming has never ever been a larger industry than it is now. It is actually larger than consoles by quite a large margin.

What MSRP, the original one from card introduction? Are we seeing $699 RTX 3080 cards?

No, we aren't. And we have to point that out, nobody even mentions it in "articles". But you sure are convincing us that after two years of pure robbery prices now are "ideal".

Processor i5 3570K @ 5GHz (1.32V) - de-lid
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extrem 4
Cooling Prolimatech Genesis (3x Thermalright TY-141 PWM) - direct die
Memory 2x 4GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR3 1600 MHz CL 9
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G (Alpenföhn Peter + 2x Noctua NF-A12) @1547 Mhz Core / 2000 MHz Mem
Storage 500GB Crucial MX500 / 4 TB Seagate - BarraCuda
Case IT-9001 Smasher -modified with a 140mm top exhaust
Audio Device(s) AKG K240 Studio
Power Supply be quiet! E9 Straight Power 600W
prices still look pretty high to me, but definitely not as bad as last year.
In parts because since Maxwell (900-series) the MSRP got raised by “healthy” margins, then crypto came back, a global pandemic hit, a ship got stuck in a canal, etc.
Guess from a business standpoint, it is a pure bliss to see products selling for MSRP just as they make room for the next gen.

Bought the GTX 980 three months after release for 10% off (2014 MSRP 549,99€), a 3080 10GB would clock in at 799,99€ MSRP (2020), street price is 869,99€ currently.

System Name loon v4.0
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard asus Z590TUF+wifi
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory ballistix 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) eVga 3060 xc
Storage WD sn570 1tb(nvme) SanDisk ultra 2tb(sata)
Display(s) cheap 1080&4K 60hz
Case Roswell Stryker
Power Supply eVGA supernova 750 G6
Mouse eats cheese
Keyboard warrior!
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/21765182 https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1114767
here are your channel clearing price cuts.

you're welcome.

In parts because since Maxwell (900-series) the MSRP got raised by “healthy” margins, then crypto came back, a global pandemic hit, a ship got stuck in a canal, etc.
Guess from a business standpoint, it is a pure bliss to see products selling for MSRP just as they make room for the next gen.

Bought the GTX 980 three months after release for 10% off (2014 MSRP 549,99€), a 3080 10GB would clock in at 799,99€ MSRP (2020), street price is 869,99€ currently.
that's true, in a normal cycle we should see a 3080 going for 350€, at least that's how things used to before bitcoin was a thing and in the in-between period where there was no profitable mining target for GPUs.
My 290x that i got used for 100€ when a friend was upgrading to a 1080 is gonna stay in my PC until things cool down again.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64

My kids were always clamoring to play games on my computer. So I eventually got enough parts and a near MSRP 3060Ti last year, so I gifted them a computer for Christmas. They were psyched! A week later I get the kids.....

Me: Okay, guys. Let's put this computer together!
Daughter: That's stupid. No one wants to know how to put a computer together. This is dumb.
Son: Okay, I guess.

10 minutes into getting boxes opened and showing the kids what to do the daughter has already wandered off and my son is sitting there saying, "This is boring." over and over again.

Little ingrates. I put the computer together and got everything working. My son used the computer for the first few months and kept telling me he needs such and such games and I can find them on Steam......games he only asked about once, said he never played them before, but he knew he would like them and play them all the time if I bought them for him. I said I would think about it and he never asked again. My daughter has not touched the computer once and my son has used it once in the past 4 months.

However, ironically, my daughter has built some "kick ass" gaming rigs (according to her) on some PC Builder Simulator on her iPad that she's shown to me. I asked her what's different about building one on the app and actually being able to build one and she just shrugged her shoulders and said no one cares about actually building a real computer and she walked away.

That's just as dumb as my son (was 7 at the time this happened) that threw a fit about having to clean and how much hated cleaning and it was stupid. Only to find him later, after he cleaned his room, playing on his laptop that grandpa & grandma got him for Christmas that year, a cleaning game. He went around the house as a maid robot (think Rosie from The Jetsons) and cleaning. He told me that cleaning stuff in real life is stupid and boring, but cleaning in the game as a robot makes it fun.

I only personally know one kid that's hooked on PC gaming and he's trying to save up his money for a gaming system. His quad core laptop with a 2060 in it isn't good enough for him because he wants to stream games. He wants something with 8+ cores and at least a 3070. Otherwise most kids these days are on a console or just their phone/tablet. PC gaming is lost on these kids.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600CL16
Video Card(s) 3060Ti FE 0.9v
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ProArt PA278QV
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1850DB
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse A4Tech X-748K
Keyboard Logitech K300
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
Does not mean much when the MSRPs are inflated anyway (not like Asus, MSI, etc. have set their base price at the level of FE and AMD GPUs).

System Name loon v4.0
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Custom Loop
Case Roswell Stryker
Mouse eats cheese
Keyboard warrior!
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/21765182 https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1114767
My kids were always clamoring to play games on my computer. So I eventually got enough parts and a near MSRP 3060Ti last year, so I gifted them a computer for Christmas. They were psyched! A week later I get the kids.....

Daughter: That's stupid. No one wants to know how to put a computer together. This is dumb.

10 minutes into getting boxes opened and showing the kids what to do the daughter has already wandered off and my son is sitting there saying, "This is boring." over and over again.

Little ingrates. I put the computer together and got everything working. My son used the computer for the first few months and kept telling me he needs such and such games and I can find them on Steam......games he only asked about once, said he never played them before, but he knew he would like them and play them all the time if I bought them for him. I said I would think about it and he never asked again. My daughter has not touched the computer once and my son has used it once in the past 4 months.

However, ironically, my daughter has built some "kick ass" gaming rigs (according to her) on some PC Builder Simulator on her iPad that she's shown to me. I asked her what's different about building one on the app and actually being able to build one and she just shrugged her shoulders and said no one cares about actually building a real computer and she walked away.

That's just as dumb as my son (was 7 at the time this happened) that threw a fit about having to clean and how much hated cleaning and it was stupid. Only to find him later, after he cleaned his room, playing on his laptop that grandpa & grandma got him for Christmas that year, a cleaning game. He went around the house as a maid robot (think Rosie from The Jetsons) and cleaning. He told me that cleaning stuff in real life is stupid and boring, but cleaning in the game as a robot makes it fun.

I only personally know one kid that's hooked on PC gaming and he's trying to save up his money for a gaming system. His quad core laptop with a 2060 in it isn't good enough for him because he wants to stream games. He wants something with 8+ cores and at least a 3070. Otherwise most kids these days are on a console or just their phone/tablet. PC gaming is lost on these kids.
sounds to me your jealous that iPad apps are getting higher ratings than you are . . :D

PCL

I see very little interest in GPU's and desktop computers in general.
"This thing that's been scalped/sold out/massively overpriced for years now and is only approaching MSRP before the release of the next-gen? Nobody wants them."

That sure is a take.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2

Sounds like a parenting problem. If I'd clamored for a gaming PC, got one for Christmas, then complained like that, the PC would have been returned and I'd be getting lectured on being thankful for us being well off enough to get such a wonderful present, followed by the next Christmas being nothing but socks.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro

That kind of behaviour would piss me off to no end, I guess I can add that to my already huge list of why I don't ever want kids. :laugh:
I hope at least you found some 'proper' use for that 3060 Ti, thats like the performance level I'm trying to upgrade to later this year. 'wasted hardware makes me sad in a way'

As for the MSRP thing yea well that was never really a thing where I live so good for them I guess.
I can see that prices droped somewhat even here but still way too expensive to buy brand new cards from a etailer. '~550$ for a 6600 XT'

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Not in Sweden.

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
when a top-of-the-line GPu could easily be had for around $600-900, at least here in the US anyways.......
... seems unlikely.

Market proved there was enough people willing to pay high prices for a GPU, so there's not much incentive to go back to the old days.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Sounds like a parenting problem. If I'd clamored for a gaming PC, got one for Christmas, then complained like that, the PC would have been returned and I'd be getting lectured on being thankful for us being well off enough to get such a wonderful present, followed by the next Christmas being nothing but socks.

If they didn't care about it after the fact, sending it back wouldn't have made a lick of difference, but cool jab about it being a parenting issue. Nice way to be a dick about it.

That kind of behaviour would piss me off to no end, I guess I can add that to my already huge list of why I don't ever want kids. :laugh:
I hope at least you found some 'proper' use for that 3060 Ti, thats like the performance level I'm trying to upgrade to later this year. 'wasted hardware makes me sad in a way'

As for the MSRP thing yea well that was never really a thing where I live so good for them I guess.
I can see that prices droped somewhat even here but still way too expensive to buy brand new cards from a etailer. '~550$ for a 6600 XT'

I look at it two ways:
1) should something happen to my system/GPU, I at least have a capable backup.
2) I may end up donating it next year if my kids don't find any further use for it. Hopefully my friends can get their fundraiser up and off the ground next year, it'll be a good outlet to put this computer up for auction.

It really depends on the model but essentially all Nvidia cards are above SRP unless you go 3080Ti and above (3080 12GB doesn't have $849 SRP) while many AMD models are below SRP, but with that high AMD SRP prices it doesn't say much, although usually, still better than Nvidia's offers based on current street prices (especially RX6600 which at 299€ is very good offer in the current market, if RX6500XT drops 15€ at 159€ it will be equally good offer but even at 174€ you can't really complain much compared to current Nvidia's street pricing)
If i wanted to give specific SRPs (too risky) instead of range, probably in the mainstream market (≤ $500) we will have something like the below SRPs in a pessimistic scenario for the new models :

Cut down AD104 12GB $499 SRP
Navi 33 8GB $479 SRP (street price closer to -$50 of the cut down AD104 street price after awhile)
Full AD106 8GB $379
Cut down AD106 8GB $329
Full AD107 8GB $279
Cut down AD107 8GB $229

Last edited:
System Name loon v4.0
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Custom Loop
Case Roswell Stryker
Mouse eats cheese
Keyboard warrior!
If they didn't care about it after the fact, sending it back wouldn't have made a lick of difference, but cool jab about it being a parenting issue. Nice way to be a dick about it.

I look at it two ways:
1) should something happen to my system/GPU, I at least have a capable backup.
2) I may end up donating it next year if my kids don't find any further use for it. Hopefully my friends can get their fundraiser up and off the ground next year, it'll be a good outlet to put this computer up for auction.
would you be willing to adopt a well potty trained* 59 year old orphan?

*maybe not so much after 20+ years.

Processor 5800x
Motherboard b550-e
Cooling full - custom liquid loop
Memory cl16 - 32gb
Video Card(s) 6800xt
Storage nvme 1TB + ssd 750gb
Display(s) xg32vc
Case hyte y60
Power Supply 1000W - gold
Software 10
yeah price really nice at the moment

i ordered 6800xt in feb 28, paid £1050, now in the same shop £799, its uk price tag

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
They are trying to empty all the warehouses of cards that didn’t sell at 3x msrp.
Need to make room for the next gen coming.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
I guess The Netherlands is tone deaf then, cuz everything i still sky high here, AMD and Nvidia.

System Name It's a box, it games, what more do you want?
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling EVGA CLC 240 Liquid
Memory 2 x 16 Gb DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z Neo @ 3600Mhz CL14
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT MERC310
Storage WD BLACK™ SN770 Gen.4 1TB NVME M.2, Crucial MX300 275 GB M.2 2280, WD Red 4TB SATA-III 256M
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DWF
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital RGB Black
Power Supply SuperFlower Legion GX Pro 850W
Mouse Mionix Naos QG
Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon RGB Romer-G Tactile
Software Windows 11 x64
Can some please tell me what the actual MSRP (in numbers, not percentages) in Europe actually is? Because if the MSRP in the US, I'm looking it at the 3080 specifically, is 700 usd, so lets say +20% in Europe would be 850 usd tops, we are nowhere near that in Europe. We are currently at least 1000+ usd everywhere I look, 1100 usd being more common. I found on a german website, the cheapest one at 930 usd, it's better than 1100 usd, but still not only 2% over MSRP. The fact is, the 2080 MSRP was 700 usd also, I bought that at just under 800 usd way back then. So, where are all the 800 +2% usd 3080s at?

The article says, that on average, in Europe, nvidia cards are only 2% higher than MSRP. They must be talking about Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, but that's the only place you could buy the cards at +2% over MSRP.

And BTW, the cheapest price on newegg for a 3080 is 800 usd, so even there they are 14% above MSRP.