• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Announces Cancelation of NVIDIA Next-gen Graphics Cards Plans, Officially Terminates NVIDIA Partnership

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
No company is perfect. Mistakes and defects WILL happen. Always, no matter what is being made. What sets EVGA apart from the rest is their exceptional RMA process, which is the most painless I've ever dealt with, and I've dealt with everyone at one point or another. Par for the course when you run a PC shop.

Come to the EU. Something breaks, i ship it back to the store that sold me, no costs to me either way, they have 30 days to fix it, or give me my money back, 2 years of peace of mind. I don't even care what is the brand, not my issue. All warranties are amazing here, i have problems with no one. :D

The thing i want to avoid is having to stay weeks without my stuff, the less it breaks the best. All RMA's are equally good.

Come to the EU. Something breaks, i ship it back to the store that sold me, no costs to me either way, they have 30 days to fix it, or give me my money back, 2 years of peace of mind. I don't even care what is the brand, not my issue. All warranties are amazing here, i have problems with no one. :D
I'll grant you that, you have it good in that area of things. However, most of the world doesn't have that and there is much to be said about quality of build and manufacturer support.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
I'll grant you that, you have it good in that area of things. However, most of the world doesn't have that and there is much to be said about quality of build and manufacturer support.

Quality of build is like you said they all make some of the most shitty products one time or another, they all make crap if you go for the very low end. But sure if you need them it's best to have someone that cares like EVGA then someone that couldn't care less like.... most.

Quality of build is like you said they all make some of the most shitty products one time or another
No, that is not what I said. I said mistakes and defects happen. That's very different from "they all make some of the most shitty products one time or another". Please don't misunderstand me.

Last edited:
System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Hmm.....

Conversation with his Intel contact:
"(Contact) : That's not true, we're in this for the long haul, we're one of the few companies that can sink hundreds of millions of dollars into something and lose money on it or take no margin for years while we establish ourselves ...
I was actually talking to EVGA about this...
EVGA was asking me, some of its staff, about where's Intel right now with ARC, which I thought was a great sign because I hope there's interest there.. because if Intel sticks with this, it could be the start of another 20 year GPU partnership..."

1663721865520.png

Processor Core i7-12700
Motherboard MSI B660 MAG Mortar
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 CL16 @ 3466 MT/s
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800
Storage Too many to list, lol
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Too many to list, lol
Keyboard Membrane, baby
Software Win10, Mint, Fedora
I think we just found out why EVGA ditched Nvidia.

4080 at $899. Their inventory of old 3080 3090 and 3090 Ti values are going to get shellacked.

This isn't Nvidia's fault really. EVGA just had too many cards, they probably wanted Nvidia to delay launch.

JayZ really screwed all those people he told to go out and buy last gen.

More like $1200 for the 4080 16 GB. The $899 version looks to be what we would normally consider a 4070 or 4060 Ti, just with 80 branding attached. The announced pricing scheme for 4000-series SKUs pretty clearly indicates that NVIDIA wants consumers to buy stockpiled Ampere cards for a long time to come. It doesn't even look like Lovelace's performance will blow anyone away, given how heavily NVIDIA's leaning on apples-to-oranges DLSS comparisons in its marketing slides. We'll see.

I'm not a huge fan of JayZ; like most youtubers, he puts out way too many videos with vague clickbait titles, but he seems to have gotten this prediction right. The safer and more conventional call was to say that the 40-series launch would totally destroy the value of the higher end 30-series cards, and up until today I agreed with that logic. Seems foolish in retrospect; never bet against NVIDIA raising prices.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Quality of build is like you said they all make some of the most shitty products one time or another, they all make crap if you go for the very low end. But sure if you need them it's best to have someone that cares like EVGA then someone that couldn't care less like.... most.

This isn't specific to AIB graphics cards manufacturers or just the PC hardware world. It applies to anyone who sells any product or service.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's how you react when things go wrong. Remember that these are all relationships whether it be a supplier-partner relationship (like NVIDIA-EVGA) or a merchant-customer relationship (which the EVGA situation also was). It's the same with interpersonal relationships.

No one is perfect so if you're going to have a relationship with someone, it might be worth it to select someone who cares about fixing problems.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
More like $1200 for the 4080 16 GB. The $899 version looks to be what we would normally consider a 4070 or 4060 Ti, just with 80 branding attached. The announced pricing scheme for 4000-series SKUs pretty clearly indicates that NVIDIA wants consumers to buy stockpiled Ampere cards for a long time to come. It doesn't even look like Lovelace's performance will blow anyone away, given how heavily NVIDIA's leaning on apples-to-oranges DLSS comparisons in its marketing slides. We'll see.

I'm not a huge fan of JayZ; like most youtubers, he puts out way too many videos with vague clickbait titles, but he seems to have gotten this prediction right. The safer and more conventional call was to say that the 40-series launch would totally destroy the value of the higher end 30-series cards, and up until today I agreed with that logic. Seems foolish in retrospect; never bet against NVIDIA raising prices.

He got what right? This guy?

July 12th, and I quote : "If you've been waiting for the right time to buy a graphics card, and you think that time is going to be when they launch 40 series, I've got news for you. Don't wait, buy your graphics card TODAY."

If you followed his advice, you just got got handed your arse to the tune of $450+.

At least he went back and re-named his video. However, a month after this, he started a rumor that the 4000 series wouldn't even launch for another year. So he's not exactly learning, or necessarily being honest at all.

Otherwise he's just a typical click bait youtuber for the low-brow know nothings. And most of the smaller tubers that called him out at the time got mobbed by the zombie masses that patronize this guy. He's not alone though, pretty much every well known channel is the same. This particular guy, is (or was) a shill for EVGA. That's where he got his 'info'.

1663733348645.png

3090s and Tis for $1299 - $1700 from his video :
1663733564570.png

This is today on release :

1663733638348.png

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
There remains a possibility they are doing an amazon.

Earlier this year Amazon announced termination of their partnership with Visa and started paying people to stop using Visa on the Amazon store and a date where they would pull all support for paying with Visa cards. Unsurprisingly they came to a deal with Visa as Visa wouldnt want to lose the biggest store front in the world and the cancellation was pulled back a 180.

So I wouldnt be surprised if EVGA and Nvidia would come to a deal.

July 12th, and I quote : "If you've been waiting for the right time to buy a graphics card, and you think that time is going to be when they launch 40 series, I've got news for you. Don't wait, buy your graphics card TODAY."

If you followed his advice, you just got got handed your arse to the tune of $450+.

At least he went back and re-named his video. However, a month after this, he started a rumor that the 4000 series wouldn't even launch for another year. So he's not exactly learning, or necessarily being honest at all.

Otherwise he's just a typical click bait youtuber for the low-brow know nothings. And most of the smaller tubers that called him out at the time got mobbed by the zombie masses that patronize this guy. He's not alone though, pretty much every well known channel is the same. This particular guy, is (or was) a shill for EVGA. That's where he got his 'info'.

View attachment 262441
View attachment 262444

View attachment 262445
Oh, so you wish to continue the mud slinging and embarrassing yourself. Hey that's cool. It's most definitely amusing. But just an FYI there sparky, you are taking something someone was making a best guess on completely out context and trying to discredit them for no other reason than to win an argument. Do you know what that's called? I know what I call that...

There remains a possibility they are doing an amazon.

Earlier this year Amazon announced termination of their partnership with Visa and started paying people to stop using Visa on the Amazon store and a date where they would pull all support for paying with Visa cards. Unsurprisingly they came to a deal with Visa as Visa wouldnt want to lose the biggest store front in the world and the cancellation was pulled back a 180.

So I wouldnt be surprised if EVGA and Nvidia would come to a deal.
While that might seem logical, it's not likely in the case of EVGA.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
Oh, so you wish to continue the mud slinging and embarrassing yourself. Hey that's cool. It's most definitely amusing. But just an FYI there sparky, you are taking something someone was making a best guess on completely out context and trying to discredit them for no other reason than to win an argument. Do you know what that's called? I know what I call that...

Actually dude, I wasn't responding to you. And I used facts, I have more about that guy too.

I know you don't want to hear them because you're not into facts, so just put a cork in it ok?

And you know what, your arrogant attitude and jaw flapping with zero info isn't worth my time. Welcome to my ignore list punk.

System Name Beaver's Build
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) - X570
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM Liquid
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory - 16-19-19-39
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition
Storage Inland 1TB NVMe M.2 (Phison E12) / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe 512G / WD Black 6TB - 256M cache
Display(s) Alienware AW3225QF 32" 4K 240 Hz OLED
Case Fractal Design Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 USB Audio Interface
Power Supply SuperFlower LEADEX TITANIUM 1600W
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
Keyboard Razer Cynosa V2 (Membrane)
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 3dmark = https://www.3dmark.com/spy/32087054 Cinebench R15 = 4038 Cinebench R20 = 9210
Actually dude, I wasn't responding to you.
News flash for you, this is PUBLIC forum. There is no such thing as a private conversion unless you take it to PM's.
And I used my personal opinion, I have more about that guy too.
Fixed that for you. And we're all very sure you have more poo to fling about.
I know you don't want to hear them because you're not into meritless opinions
Again fixed that for you.
so just put a cork in it ok?
How original.
And you know what, your arrogant attitude and jaw flapping with zero info isn't worth my time.
Oooo, name calling.
Welcome to my ignore list punk.
Yeah, that'll work...

Sorry if already posted, but

View attachment 262450
I don't think anyone posted that yet.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I fail to see what's wrong with criticizing someone with... *checks* 3.73 million subscribers on Youtube, for misguiding his followers with some very misguided advice. Especially when that person apparently has ties to big players in the industry. Where else have we heard such nonsense before? How about the "just buy it" article, or the infamous "the more you buy, the more you save" quote? Seems similar to me...

I fail to see what's wrong with criticizing someone with... *checks* 3.73 million subscribers on Youtube, for misguiding his followers with some very misguided advice.
There's a difference between criticism and mud-slinging. There's also a difference between opinions and facts.
Especially when that person apparently has ties to big players in the industry.
And who doesn't? ALL of the big techtubers have industry connections. How is this not understood? Hmm? But that doesn't mean they are obligated to kiss corporate asses. I could, for an example only, just as easily point out how much of a daft twat Steve Walton(Hardware Unboxed) is and how much of an elitist, out of touch, clueless AMD boot-licker he comes off as. I could do that with a reasonable level of credibility given everything that he has displayed for all to see both on his Youtube channel and over at TechSpot. I could lay into Linus at LTT the same way. However you don't see me doing that. Why? Because they positively contribute to the tech community in many ways.

Sooo... This thread is about EVGA parting ways with NVidia. It's not a JayzTwoCents bash fest...

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
And who doesn't? ALL of the big techtubers have industry connections. How is this not understood? Hmm? But that doesn't mean they are obligated to kiss corporate asses. I could, for an example only, just as easily point out how much of a daft twat Steve Walton(Hardware Unboxed) is and how much of an elitist, out of touch, clueless AMD boot-licker he comes off as. I could do that with a reasonable level of credibility given everything that he has displayed for all to see both on his Youtube channel and over at TechSpot. I could lay into Linus at LTT the same way. However you don't see me doing that. Why? Because they positively contribute to the tech community in many ways.
That's sort of what I meant. In my eyes, all these big techtubers are after... wait for it... the money. It comes from their viewership, sure, but it also comes from, as you say, kissing corporate ass. One exception that I know of may be Gamer's Nexus, mostly because I vaguely remember some story about them getting cut off from someone because they didn't like their review, so they bought the products with their own money anyway to keep the reviews coming. Do note that I don't intend to bash Jay in particular, though I am not fond of the techtuber industry as a whole. I merely found your defense of Jay odd, given the comments that were being made by other users.

That's sort of what I meant. In my eyes, all these big techtubers are after... wait for it... the money.
Well yeah, that's their job. But that doesn't mean they can't be objective and impartial, even if they have their favorite brands.
but it also comes from, as you say, kissing corporate ass.
That's where we disagree. Many techtubers and review websites have proven that they will not bow to corporate pressures.
One exception that I know of may be Gamer's Nexus, mostly because I vaguely remember some story about them getting cut off from someone because they didn't like their review
That has happened to many.
Do note that I don't intend to bash Jay in particular, though I am not fond of the techtuber industry as a whole.
That's fair.
I merely found your defense of Jay odd, given the comments that were being made by other users.
There is an unfair amount of Jay-bashing that happens here at TPU. I really don't understand why, I watch his content frequently and can't complain about his ethics or information. I'm tired of seeing it because he doesn't deserve it. So yes I'm going to come to his defense whenever I see the poo-flingers start their shenanigans.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
No, that is not what I said. I said mistakes and defects happen. That's very different from "they all make some of the most shitty products one time or another". Please don't misunderstand me.

The 1080 disaster was not a "mistake" or a "defect", was the result of a design choice. They also make cards with very small heatsinks for the card that it is, i know i got one of those. Is their aluminium premium or their plastic from premium sources?

But just an FYI there sparky, you are taking something someone was making a best guess on completely out context and trying to discredit them for no other reason than to win an argument.

You can't be defending that idiot on this one. Not that. Everyone called him out, even his own lap dogs on twitter and the YT comments.
The guy that was been doing this for so long, made a "best guess" no one agreed with, come on. That's not a guess, that's driving on the wrong side of the highway idiocy.
And he didn't even ever hide their EVGA "appreciation". EVGA was always very good at cultivating the influencers.

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin
19 pages and counting. This is the type of thread mods just love to work! :D
It wouldn't survive nearly that long if the article mentioned any specific country or part of the world. Well it does mention "North American market" but that's apparently innocent enough.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum, transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary

View attachment 262441
View attachment 262444

View attachment 262445
JayZ has always been a shill who isn't even particularly good at his main channel's focus - watercooling.

He talks a lot of crap and is unexplainably popular for some reason.

There's people who defend him, and yes, he occasionally puts out accurate, well rounded content, but as a huge techtuber his responsibility is to not make false claims, and if he does, to immediately retract them with a public announcement/apology. AFAIK he does not do this, and has consistently gotten things wrong over the years without taking back what was said. OK, so he maybe changes his tune in future videos, but that's irrelevant.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
JayZ has always been a shill who isn't even particularly good at his main channel's focus - watercooling.

He talks a lot of crap and is unexplainably popular for some reason.

There's people who defend him, and yes, he occasionally puts out accurate, well rounded content, but as a huge techtuber his responsibility is to not make false claims, and if he does, to immediately retract them with a public announcement/apology. AFAIK he does not do this, and has consistently gotten things wrong over the years without taking back what was said. OK, so he maybe changes his tune in future videos, but that's irrelevant.
More like JayZ2BrainCells.