• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Finally has Radeon RX 7900 Series Products to Show

Why do you use Afterburner? You do know that program was hacked? but AMD software does everything afterburner does and more.

False. Afterburner was not hacked, some people made a bunch of phishing sites to look exactly like the Afterburner landing page with a version of Afterburner with malware/miner injected and this landing page some how got put at the very top of Google searches for Afterburner....I imagine through Google SEO manipulation of some sort... So downloading afterburner from one of these phishing sites, with the malwre/miner injected, was/is the only way to get this "hacked" version of Afterburner. If you only ever downloaded Afterburner from the official MSI landing page, you and your afterburner software have not been compromised.

...My perfect workstation suddenly randomly crashing is a pain...
You've got every right to be upset. I don't remember where but in Radeon Software there is an option "Restore factory defaults" - click it, apply it and report back.

Interesting that MSI puts old 350W cooler on a card with 3 power plugs (at least 350W if not 400W).

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
False. Afterburner was not hacked, some people made a bunch of phishing sites to look exactly like the Afterburner landing page with a version of Afterburner with malware/miner injected and this landing page some how got put at the very top of Google searches for Afterburner....I imagine through Google SEO manipulation of some sort... So downloading afterburner from one of these phishing sites, with the malwre/miner injected, was/is the only way to get this "hacked" version of Afterburner. If you only ever downloaded Afterburner from the official MSI landing page, you and your afterburner software have not been compromised.
I appreciate the context. Unfortunately there are plenty of people that see Google as the bible for safety. Just like how there was a PSA about 2 weeks ago to not download your AMD GPU drivers from a Google search.

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
You've got every right to be upset. I don't remember where but in Radeon Software there is an option "Restore factory defaults" - click it, apply it and report back.

Interesting that MSI puts old 350W cooler on a card with 3 power plugs (at least 350W if not 400W).
I solved the issue by removing any application that used Chromium. No Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Discord. Problems solved. Use Firefox. Still it is unacceptable for AMD to have those problems. Chromium is one of the most common things people use.

I have owned several Radeon 6000 models (ASRock OC Forumula 6950XT, Power Color Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT, ASRock Challenger ITX 6600 XT, MSI Armor 6600 non-XT<-- garbage do not buy this one, Gigabyte Eagle / XFX Speedster Qick 6600 non-XT models, Gigabyte Eagle / MSI Mech 6700 XT models) and both the 5700 XT / 5600 XT (Sapphire Pulse Models on both) and have not experienced the issue you are talking about. I still have my Challenger 6600 XT as well as all of my 6600 non-XT models and I am trying to reproduce your "issue" and I cannot..Can you give any more information on this? I have had 0 issues with any of my AMD GPUs listed above outside of the Armor overheating which is a MSI problem, not an AMD problem....I currently run a Suprim X 3090 TI in my main rig and a suprim x 3080 in my ITX travel PC (aesthetic choices only) but I still have a super slim tiny ITX with the challenger 6600 itx, the MSI Armor 6600 (again this is absolutely a shit GPU poor, awful, design with an old ass cooler from Polaris RX 470/480/570/580 days just repurposed and slapped on a 6600 PCB which it does not fit and does not even cover the VRAM with the heatsink so the memory will overheat under extreme gaming conditions which is just shitty..and I say this as a full on MSI fanboy....msi is making it very difficult to keep saying this) is in my homelab DLNA server / private personal cloud / NAS machine and even this POS overheating GPU doesn't have the issue you're speaking about...so I'd love to see you expand on these claims/issues..maybe with more information I can reproduce this issue on one of my machines with an AMD GPU....

Afterburner wasn't "hacked" or compromised in anyway. Some clever folks copied the Afterburner landing page exactly to create their own phishing website that appeared to look exactly like the Afterburner site and somehow got their non-legitimate, non-MSI website pushed up to the very top of google search when googling Afterburner or MSI Afterburner. Probably using SEO tricks or some type of SEO manipulation. The Afterburner software downloaded from this site contained a compromised version with the Malware/Miner, but if you only ever downloaded Afterburner from the legitimate MSI Landing page, you and your afterburner are just fine.
It was Chromium. Microsoft Edge, Discord, and Chrome. With Firefox I can use the 5700 XT and 6700 XT. Also seems the 6700 XT is especially sensitive as my brother's 6800 is not affected. I'm just wary that's all. AMD knows about the problems, the drivers notes are full of the black screen issues. Should have fixed it all a year ago.

AMD isn't exactly known for stable drivers, never have been, they just don't care, and other companies generally don't either, it's just about profit with them.
Isn't chromium part of their driver-included browser-looking interface? Might be a conflict there...
I'm glad you've found the issue and were able to fix it.