• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hogwarts Legacy Gets a New Big Patch

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
Yep, I might jump on a budget bin purchase. The budget might end up to be 0,- :)
Been thinking about the price as well. Im not in a rush for purchasing. Having a price slashed then purchase would be a best case for me. I dont need to play it today or tomorrow. Plus, most of the bugs will be ironed out.

Been thinking about the price as well. Im not in a rush for purchasing. Having a price slashed then purchase would be a best case for me. I dont need to play it today or tomorrow. Plus, most of the bugs will be ironed out.
r/whoosh brother.

This game is in NO way worth purchasing for any amount in it's current state. Its so bad I won't even sail the high seas for it yet as its still trash and fundamentally broken, because as with every single player game I can think of, this uses Unreal Engine.

Or what I like to call it , Stutter Engine".

Don't support this crap, even on sale.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Never saw anything special in HP franchise. I guess I was just too old and out of target demo when the books/movies boomed. Game seems like a fanboy extravaganza with nothing unique about it underneath all that.

Darkhawk79

I just did a quick test and it doesn't seems to have improved much. 7950X3D + 4080 at 4k, i used to be relatively good with everything on with DLSS quality + FG on but now when I travel, I have a lot of pop-in and still have huge stutter from time to time.

But it look like they fixed the strange lighting on NPC during conversation. (At least where i was).
Are you running the game on an SSD that's not your C drive? I moved my game files from my faster SSD to my C SSD and it runs fine now. My 3060 laptop was playing better than my 3080 desktop and I hadn't even applied the unofficial fixes to my laptop files.

TheBroker

I hope they fixed the issue that prevents you from moving the story line forward right around the Mr. Moon/Mrs. Measley missions.

I have tried every supposed fix but nothing works. I am over 20 hours in and refuse to start over in hopes that it won't happen on the next playthrough.

Are you running the game on an SSD that's not your C drive? I moved my game files from my faster SSD to my C SSD and it runs fine now. My 3060 laptop was playing better than my 3080 desktop and I hadn't even applied the unofficial fixes to my laptop files.
Nop ! running it from my C: that is a 4 TB WD SN850X PCI-E 4.0 nvme drive and it should be fast enough

Darkhawk79

Nop ! running it from my C: that is a 4 TB WD SN850X PCI-E 4.0 nvme drive and it should be fast enough
Has the new patch helped? All of a sudden my game is running perfectly, I moved my game files to C: before that and it performed a lot better but now it's how I expect it to be running on my PC.

My engine.ini is unchanged with the unofficial fixes, do you know about them?
Hogwarts Legacy: How To Fix Stuttering Issues - GameRiv

Has the new patch helped? All of a sudden my game is running perfectly, I moved my game files to C: before that and it performed a lot better but now it's how I expect it to be running on my PC.

My engine.ini is unchanged with the unofficial fixes, do you know about them?
Hogwarts Legacy: How To Fix Stuttering Issues - GameRiv
Actually, the problem i had was the Nvidia Container bug where it stuck at 100% of a core after closing a game.

So much for that famous Nvidia driver stability.