• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xbox Design Lab Expands Elite Series 2 Controller Color Options

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
Who doesn't love more? Introducing the newest expansion to Xbox Elite Series 2 with Xbox Design Lab! There is an innate joy that comes with making something truly yours. Since fulfilling the top fan request last October by adding Xbox Elite Series 2 to Xbox Design Lab, we've been working hard to take things up a notch. We're thrilled to announce that a new range of colors are now available, giving you even more ways to make Xbox Elite Series 2 controllers your own.

You will now have the choice of 16 main colors for your top and back case, 12 colors for the ABXY buttons, 17 different accent colors for the paddles and D-pad, and 25 accent colors for the rest of the controller. With vibrant hues like Garnet Red, Glacier Blue, and Deep Pink, to a stealthier option like the new black-out ABXY buttons, there are literally billions of possibilities for personalizing our most advanced controller. Xbox Elite Series 2 with Xbox Design Lab includes customization options that are unique to the controller; options like adjusting the color of the thumbstick rings and base for a subtle pop of color, or metallic triggers and D-Pads that give the controller a premium feel.

If you haven't experienced Xbox Elite Series 2 controllers, this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Each Xbox Elite Series 2 comes packed with everything necessary to play like a pro. Adjustable-tension thumbsticks, wrap-around rubberized grips, and shorter hair trigger locks can all take your game to the next level. Using the Xbox Accessories App, you can tune your controller through button mapping, adjust the thumbsticks and triggers, and even customize the color the Xbox button lights up as on your controller.

Have a playstyle that varies wildly from game to game? Use the profile button to easily switch between controller profiles, saving the time usually spent adjusting your settings and devoting it to where it needs to be - playing more games. Stay in the game with up to 40 hours of rechargeable battery life and refined components that are built to last.

If you want to customize even further, Xbox Design Lab has you covered. In addition to the controller, you can purchase pieces like the Thumbsticks + D-pad Pack, which features additional interchangeable thumbsticks with unique designs, and an additional D-pad that can be the standard cross shape or faceted. The Paddles Pack features a set of four paddles that attach to the back of your Elite Series 2 controller for additional input options, while the Carrying Case + Charging Pack provides a sleek carrying case, charging dock, and USB-C cable. If you want the complete package, that is where the Everything Pack comes in, which combines all the components into one.

Do you want to customize an Xbox Design Lab controller but don't know where to start? Take a look at the Inspired By collection. We've teamed up with some exciting game studios to give you an excellent starting point for your design - you can even create a controller inspired by one of your favorite characters or franchises! With billions of color combinations, we are excited to see all the wonderful designs the Xbox community creates with this new expansion.

The newest expansion to Xbox Elite Series 2 controllers with Xbox Design Lab is available now starting at $149.99, and we are excited to see what you will create! Click here to make it yours: Xbox Design Lab | Xbox.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard MSI MPG Z790I Edge WiFi Gaming
Cooling be quiet! Pure Loop 240mm
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 (G95SC)
Case LANCOOL 205M MESH Snow
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply ASUS ROG Loki SFX-L 1000W
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
I have used the design lab. I love the controller and use it as my main on my PC for games I well....use a controller on. For a choose your own look experience the interface is fantastic, the choices are almost overwhelming and the price (at the time I did it) of $99 for a controller (the last gen model w/ laser engraving) is fair. Would I do it for $150? honestly if my controller(s) broke, then yeah. Controllers are crazy expensive already in store for new models. For the same price or a little more I would rather just make one I actually like.

And I did.

System Name LMDESKTOPv2
Processor Intel i9 10850K
Motherboard ASRock Z590 PG Velocita
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 w/ Maintenance Kit
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600 CL18 2x16
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti FE
Storage Intel Optane 900p 280GB, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 2TB Team Vulkan SSD, 2TB Seagate HDD, 4TB Team MP34 SSD
Display(s) HP Omen 27q, HP 25er
Case Fractal Design Meshify C Steel Panel
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSX 1000, Schiit Magni Heresy, Sennheiser HD560S
Power Supply Corsair HX850 V2
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary Edition
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 (w/ BOBO VR battery strap)
Software Win 10 Professional
Still waiting on a "Daystrike Camo" elite controller.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
$150 for a controller that doesn't even have hall effect analog sticks.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE