• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li Launches the V3000 PLUS Case Offering Endless Possibilities

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Take model variations out of the equation and just look at the specs of any fan
NO. you cannot just use any fan specs, choose SP or GP.

you will see that SP doesn't scale like CFM does
This is getting funny now. its apples and oranges again...yes cfm is sacrificed for higher startic pressure can be offset with higher RPM

Last edited:
The V3000+ looks like a very nice case. The price is pretty steep though, IMO. I'd pay $300 for something like this, but not $500, unless it used more aluminum in its construction, like old-school Lian Li.

MRW332

NO. you cannot just use any fan specs, choose SP or GP.

This is getting funny now. its apples and oranges again...
It's easy to just say 'apples and oranges' but if you were to maybe articulate how that would actually be potentially productive. Right now honestly just feels like I'm having a discussion with a teenager who rather than engaging in productive discussion does the whole 'I know you are, but what am I?'

You're also again missing my point - My point is take ANY fan type and compare 120vs140 specs within that SAME fan. So you're removing the variable of fan model/type and just isolating the size form factor. This is because the variable we are discussing is fan size form factor, not type/make/model etc. for which of course there's going to be all kinds of variations as it pertains to SP performance. Trust me, I've done it in trying to find good 140mm radiator fans and they never outperform comparable 120mm fans of the same make/model/function. It sounds like you're trying to insinuate that a 140mm SP fan would produce more SP than a 120mm GP fan, but I don't see what point that would be establishing other than the importance of buying the correct fan for your intended purpose - which again, doesn't get us anywhere going back to your point of 'bigger fans = better for PCs.'

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
It's easy to just say 'apples and oranges' but if you were to maybe articulate how that would actually be potentially productive. Right now honestly just feels like I'm having a discussion with a teenager who rather than engaging in productive discussion does the whole 'I know you are, but what am I?'

You're also again missing my point - My point is take ANY fan type and compare 120vs140 specs within that SAME fan. So you're removing the variable of fan model/type and just isolating the size form factor. This is because the variable we are discussing is fan size form factor, not type/make/model etc. for which of course there's going to be all kinds of variations as it pertains to SP performance. Trust me, I've done it in trying to find good 140mm radiator fans and they never outperform comparable 120mm fans of the same make/model/function. It sounds like you're trying to insinuate that a 140mm SP fan would produce more SP than a 120mm GP fan, but I don't see what point that would be establishing other than the importance of buying the correct fan for your intended purpose - which again, doesn't get us anywhere going back to your point of 'bigger fans = better for PCs.'
now thart you've dipped into the toxic side, here is a mirror, enjoy!

MRW332

I'm sure some kid who builds $10k water cooled rigs out of his hard earned allowance will love this, but the only thing I see is how much wasted space is there on this thing.
It's not wasted if you fill it with thick rads, extra pump, extra reservoir, fans, screens, tubing, etc... Excessive maybe, but not wasted

Totally wasted if you don´t use custom watercooling :D

20230502_134608.jpg

This is ... ...