• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Confirms: RX 7600 Reference Cards in Retail will Not Have Power Connector Flaw

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
This is the case with ALL 8pin PCIE cables that have the 6+2 snap-on config, its a BS non-issue to distract away from the fact that it is a better value proposition than the 4060 Ti which this website accoladed with a recommended badge for no real reason then had to backtrack on, if you can't plug in a bloody PCIE cable you really shouldnt be installing a GPU and is not even in the same league as the NV 12v cable bollocks which had actually destroyed PC's, the level of bias is unfuckinbelievable

Take your "Team Red" glasses off & re-read the statement. ;) If if where a "non issue" AMD would have no reason to recall all reference cards.

This is not about which cards got the better value, it's about a AMD design failure on the backplate that needs a rework. Only on the reference cards.

Processor E5-2690 v4
Motherboard VEINEDA X99
Video Card(s) 2080 Ti WINDFROCE OC
Storage NE-512 KingSpec
Display(s) G27Q
Case DAOTECH X9
Power Supply SF450
4060 nonTi and 7600 are of equal value proposition, considered the former is lower power 115 and under volt friendly to 75 watts TGP. Traditionally AMD tries to slot in %10 cheaper, that always holds true. Nothing to brag about. But of course neither is worth 269 or 299, maybe bundled with a free triple a game.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
it won't affect any cards as it's a non-issue but suppose TPU have to throw some shit at AMD's way considering they released a better price/performance GPU than the "recommended" 4060 (sh)Ti
Pretty sure they just report and repost what's in the new cycle, TPU certainly don't "have to throw some shit AMD's way" for the sake of it. W1zzard has also explained his awards many times, it's abundantly clear why a gpu would or could earn that award, and it's not high praise.

if you can't plug in a bloody PCIE cable you really shouldnt be installing a GPU and is not even in the same league as the NV 12v cable bollocks which had actually destroyed PC's, the level of bias is unfuckinbelievable
Not sure I follow the logic, when the 12VHPWR cable issue was almost entire caused by non proper insertion, don't remember it destroying anything but a power connector either. I agree about the level of bias, minus the swearing, and from the other perspective.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
I genuinely dont know why anyone would be interested in a card that preforms worse then a 3060ti

Money, or maybe they don't play video games. Not everyone needs or can have a fast graphics card :laugh:

Pricing is still not perfect but when the MBA cards drop around 220, they will be interesting models

Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory DDR5 6000Mhz CL28 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Palit GamingPro OC
Storage Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen.4 1TB
What did you expect would happen?
Pretty sure they just report and repost what's in the new cycle, TPU certainly don't "have to throw some shit AMD's way" for the sake of it. W1zzard has also explained his awards many times, it's abundantly clear why a gpu would or could earn that award, and it's not high praise.
TPU really fast forget the trolling survey that was posted 2 times, once under article and once more for 2 months on the main page of the site "Do you have thermal issues with your rx 7900"
Where are the surveys, "Did your rtx 4090 burned out?" or "Do you have bend issue with your LGA1700"?
TPU does not hide that they are trolls

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
TPU does not hide that they are trolls
Well I can't help you with that perception I'm afraid, despite plenty of nvidia jabs over the years, like the launch of FSR 2.0 and immediately declaring it the DLSS killer springing to mind. Some people only see or remember what they choose.

Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Well I can't help you with that perception I'm afraid, despite plenty of nvidia jabs over the years, like the launch of FSR 2.0 and immediately declaring it the DLSS killer springing to mind. Some people only see or remember what they choose.
Lol, telling the truth for once and not fabricating the things don't make TPU better, because this is their job, and yes FSR 2.0 is DLSS killer because it works on every GPU - Nvidia, Intel, AMD, not like the shitty DLSS that already is not supported from mine 3070 that is 2 years old.
Can they add support for DLSS3 to RTX3000, yes they can, will it be as good as if it is RTX4000? Only Nvidia knows. But they must add support for it, because is easy to deprecate all existing hardware each 2 years to make new shinny stuffs for the new gen and racket your old clients instead to start actually do your job and add support even if it make the new gen not that attractive. Everyone here start roaring when gtx 600 get 2 years more driver support than 10 year old hd6-7000, but there is no problem when Nvidia cut the support for 2 years old hardware

Last edited:

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Lol, telling the truth for once and not fabricating the things don't make TPU better, because this is their job, and yes FSR 2.0 is DLSS killer because it works on every GPU - Nvidia, Intel, AMD, not like the shitty DLSS that already is not supported from mine 3070 that is 2 years old.
You sure got me, it works on everything? Now I know! If only that was actually enough... Maybe XeSS can actually achieve that status given how much better it is lol. And your 3070 lacks the requisite hardware spec for FG, but given how you talk about it, I doubt you'd use it anyway.

Shall we continue to go in circles? Or we could get back on topic of AMD's latest fumble.

Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
You sure got me, it works on everything? Now I know! If only that was actually enough... Maybe XeSS can actually achieve that status given how much better it is lol. And your 3070 lacks the requisite hardware spec for FG, but given how you talk about it, I doubt you'd use it anyway.

Shall we continue to go in circles? Or we could get back on topic of AMD's latest fumble.
Well if you claim that XESS is better then you are blind and I don't see point to speak for graphics quality of upscaling techniques. Not to mention that XESS performance increase is miserable and you must to go to XESS performance to achieve same fps as FSR/DLSS on max quality level
Also, what is the point to speak with someone who has not brain to think once, 3070 lacks hardware? Then they must make DLSS3 to work with the existing hardware, as I said, its very easy to deprecate all existing hardware, to make new stuffs, the hard part is to make the new stuffs to work with the existing hardware, something that Nvidia proved that they can't while AMD can.

Edit: if the truth is so funny stop the drugs, or just go back to your "village of idiots" where you can be a king ;)

Last edited:

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Well if you claim that XESS is better then you are blind and I don't see point to speak for graphics quality of upscaling techniques. Not to mention that XESS performance increase is miserable and you must to go to XESS performance to achieve same fps as FSR/DLSS on max quality level
Also, what is the point to speak with someone who has not brain to think once, 3070 lacks hardware? Then they must make DLSS3 to work with the existing hardware, as I said, its very easy to deprecate all existing hardware, to make new stuffs, the hard part is to make the new stuffs to work with the existing hardware, something that Nvidia proved that they can't while AMD can.

Edit: if the truth is so funny stop the drugs, or just go back to your "village of idiots" where you can be a king ;)
No need to resort to personal attacks, it also speaks volumes about your arguments and way you debate to label your opinion as the truth, given its at best a personal truth.

Interesting concept that sometimes to push a new boundary or innovate, new or upgraded hardware is needed. AMD didn't prove anything whatsoever, they just know their fan base very well and cater to them, because as we can see, when they do that a good subset of them will happily help with marketing and promotion free of charge. In another way, it's the only play they could make, you can't arrive late to the party, with a substandard solution... then lock it to your paltry market share and expect it to win many people over over...

XeSS 1.1 has basically levelled the performance field while giving DLSS like quality, and still being open, perhaps XeSS is both the DLSS and FSR killer lol. A quote from the comparison currently on TPU's homepage, but I suppose if they're trolls you can just ignore this to support your argument.

in Cyberpunk 2077, the DLSS, FSR 2.1 and XeSS 1.1 upscalers are practically identical in terms of performance gain over native TAA across all resolutions. For XeSS 1.1 especially it is a quite welcome upgrade to receive improved performance gains while using the DP4a instruction set, while also producing image quality better than FSR 2.1 with essentially the same performance.

Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
No need to resort to personal attacks, it also speaks volumes about your arguments and way you debate to label your opinion as the truth, given its at best a personal truth.

Interesting concept that sometimes to push a new boundary or innovate, new or upgraded hardware is needed. AMD didn't prove anything whatsoever, they just know their fan base very well and cater to them, because as we can see, when they do that a good subset of them will happily help with marketing and promotion free of charge. In another way, it's the only play they could make, you can't arrive late to the party, with a substandard solution... then lock it to your paltry market share and expect it to win many people over over...

XeSS 1.1 has basically levelled the performance field while giving DLSS like quality, and still being open, perhaps XeSS is both the DLSS and FSR killer lol. A quote from the comparison currently on TPU's homepage, but I suppose if they're trolls you can just ignore this to support your argument.
Xess is better in one game OH GOD, ITS BETTER ALL ACROSS THE BOARD
Anyway, if you are happy with deprecated hardware in 2 years ok, I am not, especially when this is on purpose to make the new GPUs to look better and make 60 class card expensive as 80

System Name 1. Glasshouse 2. Odin OneEye
Processor 1. Ryzen 9 5900X (manual PBO) 2. Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard 1. MSI x570 Tomahawk wifi 2. Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 670E
Cooling 1. Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black 2. Custom Loop 3x360mm (60mm) rads & T30 fans/Aquacomputer NEXT w/b
Memory 1. G Skill Neo 16GBx4 (3600MHz 16/16/16/36) 2. Kingston Fury 16GBx2 DDR5 CL36
Video Card(s) 1. Asus Strix Vega 64 2. Powercolor Liquid Devil 7900XTX
Storage 1. Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) & Sabrent Rocket 4 (2TB) 2. Kingston 3000 (1TB) and Hynix p41 (2TB)
Display(s) 1. Samsung U28E590 10bit 4K@60Hz 2. LG C2 42 inch 10bit 4K@120Hz
Case 1. Corsair Crystal 570X White 2. Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO
Audio Device(s) 1. Creative Speakers 2. Built in LG monitor speakers
Power Supply 1. Corsair RM850x 2. Superflower Titanium 1600W
Mouse 1. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (grey) 2. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (black)
Keyboard Leopold High End Mechanical
Software Windows 11
Seems they knew about the problem and were dealing with it before the reference cards were released to the market. Not an issue then.

Take your "Team Red" glasses off & re-read the statement. ;) If if where a "non issue" AMD would have no reason to recall all reference cards.

This is not about which cards got the better value, it's about a AMD design failure on the backplate that needs a rework. Only on the reference cards.
There was no recall. That's why it isn't an issue. By the way, anyone who tells someone else to take their partisan "Team Red" glasses off clearly has their "Team Green" glasses on. Think on that before alleging bias.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Xess is better in one game OH GOD, ITS BETTER ALL ACROSS THE BOARD
Anyway, if you are happy with deprecated hardware in 2 years ok, I am not, especially when this is on purpose to make the new GPUs to look better and make 60 class card expensive as 80
It demonstrates that in the latest version, performance has been ~normalised against DLSS and FSR, the version I doubt will retrospectively updated in much, but that we can sure hope is in future implementations.

I don't follow, can you not still use the DLSS super resolution feature set? All you lack is FG which requires the Ada OFA. I'd argue DLSS has actually aged well, they continue to improve quality and performance, with a few significant steps along the way sine 2.0 (2.3.x, 2.4.3 and 2.5.1 spring to mind), and since reflex is always bundled with FG, we're getting that now too.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I genuinely dont know why anyone would be interested in a card that preforms worse then a 3060ti
Maybe because it's way cheaper, and not everybody needs 3060 Ti performance? ;)

I expect to see a granny sitting knitting assuring us that the recipe hasn't changed like it's some kind of family owned food product advertisement.
but it's not it's a new generation of GPU that's slightly over priced for zero generational performance improvement it's a shit show card like it's 40 series competition.

Oh and making sure the power connector fits in should be taken for granted but going by 4090 issues at launch I guess no amount of incompetence is off the table at team red or green these days.
I'm so glad AMD has reassured me that retail card's won't have the flaw when launched (sarcasm)

System Name Red Bandit
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS PRIME X670E-PRO WIFI
Cooling Mo-Ra3 420 W/4x Noctua NF-A20S - 2xD5's/1xDDC 4.2
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO EXPO 6000CL30/3000/2000
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RX 6900 XT Ultimate Xtreme WaterForce WB 16GB
Storage Adata SX8200 PRO 2TB x 2
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 32" 240HZ
Case Jonsbo D41 Mesh/Screen
Audio Device(s) Logitech Pro X Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM1000e v2 ATX 3.0
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 MX RED Low profile
Software W11 Pro

My first card was GT210.... We all gotta start somewhere

EDIT: First card was NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
Does it work on 450, maybe 350W power supply

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
If you believe that gaming is only visuals and nothing more, it's logical to not know.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Nice that W1zzard caught the issue early and informed AMD.

This would have been a bigger issue since the majority of users buying budget GPU would of course have a budget (or old) PSU, and those PSU only have 6+2pin PCIe cable.

TPU actually saved AMD's butt here, imagine rx7600 MBA buyers find out the "AMD experience" and swear never to buy AMD again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
My first card was GT210.... We all gotta start somewhere

EDIT: First card was NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE
Oh my God. You gone from bad to worst
says someone who started with a SiS 6326

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
And as expected the entire topic is derailed with X vs Y performance comparisons.

Frustrated Jack Nicholson GIF