• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel 14th Gen Core K-series Specs Leaked

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
I saw this video yesterday and it's the first time I'm hearing of this.

I haven't experienced any of these issues in the two months since I upgraded. But I have E-cores and all power saving features disabled.

It doesn't make sense that it would only affect some users. And it's been almost two years since the release of Alder Lake.

On topic, disappointed if the 14600K turns out to just have extra 200 MHz with 6 P-cores. That's basically an irrelevant change.
I have default c-states, e-cores enabled and also havent experienced it. My older 9900k actually slowed on win 10 21H2, and that lag doesnt exist on my 13700k, so it is in fact for me the opposite to the video. (the hidden scheduler setting I set to prefer p-cores, this still seems to shove low power background stuff on to e-cores and makes the higher load stuff go on to p-cores even any load from foreground app, essentially working perfect for what I want)

This is my first CPU I have left c-states on default as they not noticeable, usually they are.

So Videocardz leaked specs from last week are already changed for the 14600. It was 8P+8E last week, now it's back to 6P+8E. I guess that would have been too good to be true.

Hopefully all the lower tier models get upgraded to Raptor cove and Gracemont+ cores at least.

Finally is DLVR inlcuded or not. Some rumours claiming it will use less power at same clocks as 13th gen.
I think it probably is with the sheer amount of e-core boosting going on, but we probably wont know for sure until they released and reviewed.

Last edited:
The majority of apps are perfectly optimized for MT, yes. That's why you get better performance the more cores you add (For example going from 8P+8E to 8P+16E). Watch a benchmark. There are multiple on the internet.
Unfortunately, 90% of software doesn't scale with MT, and benefits much more from high IPC/ST performance. You're calling "everything" synthetic rendering software and benchmarks, the small segment that needs more than 16c is well served with monstrosities like TR @ 64c/128T.

The majority of apps are perfectly optimized for MT, yes

Perfectly optimized is a BIG statement, but sure, there's an ok-ish level of multithread optimization, the problem is that doesn't translate to good heterogeneous computing, like at all. Adding to that, in a desktop platform there's no real power constraints to make you shift stuff around so the e-cores quickly stop making any sense the way intel is pushing them. It's a crutch, it's adding complexity and extra steps because it's seemingly the only way Intel found to increase core counts, it doesn't stop being a crutch and a dirty shortcut just because it's kind of working