• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dolphin Emulator Dev Comments on Steam Removal Controversy

D

Deleted member 185088

Things should go to public domain faster, especially if you are doing nothing with it.

The alice games are a good example, EA doesn't care and doesn't want to let the original developers revive it. Nintendo has a back catalogue of games that no one can even buy anymore. This is stupid. Games are literally dying.

I found on reddit this tv show that flopped so bad they just removed it from the platform for good, so now no one can watch it but pirates.

It's even worst, copyright law makes companies have to go after someone even if they don't care to, because if they don't they can lose the IP. It's absurd,

Things are broken
The whole IP system (especially that of Anglo-Saxon countries) just hinder innovation, those who pretend to create "new" things just copied others nothing particularly new.

Science on the other hand, we have truly new discoveries, yet the information is available (though the stupid system of paywalls remains a huge problem, fortunately there are some people working to make knowledge available freely) to everyone to use.

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
There needs to be an exception in the DMCA that specifically stipulates that content in considered abandoned if it is not currently sold or a sequel made from it after a reasonable amount of time. I'd like it to be ten years, but twenty would be fine as well. Nintendo and others are sitting on piles of great games which they refuse to sell and refuse to make consoles to play said games on anymore. Meanwhile, tons of people are sitting on collections of these games with no LEGAL way to play them. I totally get protecting franchises like Mario Brothers, Pokémon and Zelda. But you need to sell the games and a device to play them on, or get out of the damn way!

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
There needs to be an exception in the DMCA that specifically stipulates that content in considered abandoned if it is not currently sold or a sequel made from it after a reasonable amount of time. I'd like it to be ten years, but twenty would be fine as well. Nintendo and others are sitting on piles of great games which they refuse to sell and refuse to make consoles to play said games on anymore. Meanwhile, tons of people are sitting on collections of these games with no LEGAL way to play them. I totally get protecting franchises like Mario Brothers, Pokémon and Zelda. But you need to sell the games and a device to play them on, or get out of the damn way!

Disney will be pushing for a 1000 year protection of their works very soon.
Even if they are doing Mario Kart 20, Mario Kart OG needs to go to public domain. That's how things should work.

System Name Eula
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X PBO
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus Wifi
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix XT
Memory Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 64GB (4x16GB F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR) EXPO II, OCCT Tested
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 GAMING OC
Storage Corsair MP600 XT NVMe 2TB, Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 2TB, Toshiba N300 10TB HDD, Seagate Ironwolf 4T HDD
Display(s) Acer Predator X32FP 32in 160Hz 4K FreeSync/GSync DP, LG 32UL950 32in 4K HDR FreeSync/G-Sync DP
Case Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB White
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Platinum 1000W
Mouse SteelSeries Prime Pro Gaming Mouse
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 5
Software MS Windows 11 Pro
Nintendo are bullies since Initial release of Gina Sisters in the late 80s.

Maybe if Nintendo offered games to PC gamers... Instead they demand people pay hundreds for inferior hardware so they can pay even more to get some games. That's fine if you'd use the mobile part of the Switch, but if you're like me I only want to play games on a nice big screen at home.

The whole IP system (especially that of Anglo-Saxon countries) just hinder innovation, those who pretend to create "new" things just copied others nothing particularly new.

Science on the other hand, we have truly new discoveries, yet the information is available (though the stupid system of paywalls remains a huge problem, fortunately there are some people working to make knowledge available freely) to everyone to use.
The IP system in the US is definitely corrupted with greedy lawyers and often used as weapon of control rather than a tool of innovation. That doesn't change the fact that Chinese brands are trash. Half the time it's some product that's hacked together by someone who barely understands what they are doing. Talented people need to be part of a coherent well managed organization to develop new things, Chinese business culture doesn't provide that. In China it's all about doing things as cheap as possible, period.

Last edited:
System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Would that be the case if there were no parents?

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
These devs who flaunt their wares that are on a fringe legality argument never seem to learn that it's better not to shove a poop stick into the giant's face while it's sleeping instead of continuing to do business as usual while it snores away.

These devs who flaunt their wares that are on a fringe legality argument never seem to learn that it's better not to shove a poop stick into the giant's face while it's sleeping instead of continuing to do business as usual while it snores away.
Your understanding of the "legality" of emulation needs help..

D

Deleted member 185088

Maybe if Nintendo offered games to PC gamers... Instead they demand people pay hundreds for inferior hardware so they can pay even more to get some games. That's fine if you'd use the mobile part of the Switch, but if you're like me I only want to play games on a nice big screen at home.

The IP system in the US is definitely corrupted with greedy lawyers and often used as weapon of control rather than a tool of innovation. That doesn't change the fact that Chinese brands are trash. Half the time it's some product that's hacked together by someone who barely understands what they are doing. Talented people need to be part of a coherent well managed organization to develop new things, Chinese business culture doesn't provide that. In China it's all about doing things as cheap as possible, period.
Chinese brands just like their American counterpart are trash because they focus in profit, Americans just offer low quality for higher prices.

The issue is that the American way doesn't aim for innovation only profit, to achieve innovation we need collaboration not focusing on few "talented" individuals, once we achieve something it must be shared to build up on it, innovation should improve our whole society not make few individuals richer.

Chinese are just using the market economy to its fullest, to single them out is very bad faith, American products for example aren't known for their quality either cars are a perfect example.

Chinese brands just like their American counterpart are trash because they focus in profit, Americans just offer low quality for higher prices.
Please stop with such clueless comments. Nationality is NOT a factor in the quality of a brand. ALL nations have companies that make crap. It is a universal constant.

The issue is that the American way doesn't aim for innovation only profit
Another clueless comment. It's also counter-intuitive. the American way of life directly inspires innovation and creativity because, unlike some places, such is generally rewarded.

Chinese are just using the market economy to its fullest, to single them out is very bad faith
Are you trying to embarrass yourself or are you deliberately spreading the muck?

American products for example aren't known for their quality either cars are a perfect example.
Another nonsense statement. Most things made in the USA are of good or great quality.

Last edited:
System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Started out okay but then turned into the very chauvinism it was critiquing

Nintendo games are bad. It has good sells because it was one of the first in the market, the nostalgia effect is real. They sell games for kids, so when the 1st gen got children they bought them the last Mario/whatever last trendy Nintendo game.

Apparently having multiple comments on a topic means I'm offended by it, WHO KNEW? I'm sure your Nobel Prize nomination is gonna be in the post soon.
BUHAHAHAHAHA ok buddy keep on going. Also it it seems you already made that Nobel Prized comment for me . Again I’m not the one who is brigading right now. I said what I said in one comment and you don’t like it. Oops.