• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! Unveils New High-end Air Coolers at Gamescom 2023

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
be quiet!, the German manufacturer for premium PC components, is unveiling two brand-new high-end air coolers at the gamescom expo in Cologne, Germany, from August 23rd to 27th. Dark Rock Pro 5 follows in the footsteps of the extremely successful and award-winning Dark Rock Pro 4, offering immense cooling performance at low noise levels on all popular consumer platforms, while Dark Rock Elite is aimed at users that require the highest performance and airflow, integrating ARGB lighting and a unique front fan rail system for an elite experience.

Raising the bar for air cooling even further
Improving upon the high performance benchmark set by Dark Rock Pro 4 was not easy, but be quiet! managed to raise the bar even further with Dark Rock Pro 5. By leveraging the performance of Silent Wings and adding an integrated speed switch to prioritize cooling or silence have resulted in an air cooler that loves multithreaded tasks, whether it's high-end gaming or a workstation setup. Still want more? With its unprecedented cooling abilities, Dark Rock Elite is the perfect fit for gaming enthusiasts who want to achieve the best possible CPU performance and airflow, while not missing out on great ARGB lighting. Not only does the Elite offer Silent Wings fans and an integrated speed switch, it also uses an innovative rail system for the front fan to guarantee compatibility with most memory modules and motherboards. Dark Rock Pro 5 and Dark Rock Elite will be officially launched late October.

Exciting activities for all visitors
At their booth at gamescom, be quiet! will be showcasing their latest offerings, including the highly anticipated Shadow Base 800 cases. In addition to product presentations, gaming enthusiasts will have the chance to test their skills in competitive gaming against the BLUEJAYS eSports team. Moreover, the be quiet! team will be hosting challenging contests where attendees can demonstrate their knowledge of the hardware and gaming market. be quiet! will have an open booth design, so no need for scheduling a meeting.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

The use of... dark rocks is kind of quirky. I like Be Quiet, they stand for what I like about cooling and engineering.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12S
Memory 32GB @ 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT
Storage WD Black SN850(1TB), WD Black NVMe 2018(500GB), WD Blue SATA(2TB)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G9
Case Be Quiet! Silent Base 802
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME-GX-1000
Looks like they replaced the nice quality looking metal-rivet-like tops for cheap plastic mesh tops? I think they look cheap.

I kind of wish they made a silence focused matx and/or itx case. There really isn't much of those on the market, only a fractal and a cooler master case, and both of those kind of suck.

Knowing how performant Silent Wings 4 are (assuming they use them), these coolers may be from the best, if not the best in noise normalized thermals. I hope they improved mounting system this time - Noctua or Scythe show how to do it for years...

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I doubt it will be any better than what’s out now. Like the assassin iv looks better than the third, but performs worse.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
So no more user sourcable fans in favour rails for fan installation.
Seems like you can still use brackets...at least there seems to be a notch for that:
1692816790826.png

Looks like they replaced the nice quality looking metal-rivet-like tops for cheap plastic mesh tops? I think they look cheap.
Might be the lighting. The dark rock 5 top looks metallic here, the elite seems to be a mix ?

I only wish someone would manufacture some innovative air cooling solutions for videocards. I remember way back when thermalright had a VGA cooler that was L-shaped and could be installed in two different ways.