• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Finnish eSports Company UNEVN Launches BASE Portable Gaming Desk with a Built in Gaming PC

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
innish esports company UNEVN has launched a new gaming setup meant for professional e-athletes and professionals-to-be. The new setup called BASE is designed to make organizing boot camps easier, improve performance, and help players move ahead in their career. BASE is a portable gaming setup that comes with a high-end computer, screen, keyboard, mouse, and the gaming desk itself. The setup can be put together in minutes, and it is easy to transport.

UNEVN was founded by brothers Aleksi and Santeri Rinkinen together with Jesse "JerAx" Vainikka, one of the most famous Dota players in the world. Vainikka is a former world champion in Dota 2. "One of the biggest challenges for professional e-athletes is having to deal with insufficient tournament setups that often disregard the importance of ergonomics. We've designed the setup with a smooth gaming performance in mind. BASE is portable and easy to transport, and it is compatible with various components. With our gear, players can maximize their performance and focus fully on what matters most - winning," explains CEO Aleksi Rinkinen.

"Another issue we're solving is the difficulty of organizing boot camps. A lot of space and time is needed for putting all the equipment together, but with BASE, it's possible to get together even in small apartments, as the setup takes up only a little space and can be built in about a minute. Boot camps play a highly important role in developing the players' and teams' skills," Santeri Rinkinen says.

In order to make sure the setup truly benefits players and their careers, BASE is designed together with professional e-athletes. An important part of the designing process has been Jesse "JerAx" Vainikka, who has experienced the challenges first-hand.

"Setting up your gaming setup usually takes a lot of time, and you have to take many things into account. From what I've seen and experienced, tournament setups don't meet the players' expectations. BASE has been designed to be professional and ergonomic in order to help players thrive in any environment," Vainikka says.

The company is also highly focused on the wellbeing of gamers, which is why the ergonomics of the new product was at the center of the designing process.

"An ergonomic gaming posture helps players perform better, but it also has an effect on the players' health in the long run, of course. Back, wrist and neck problems are very common among gamers and e-athletes, so it is crucial that we aim to minimize them," Vainikka continues.

Designed for all gamers
With their mission being to provide tools for e-athletes to be able to improve their performance and thus enable esports to be widely recognized as equal beside traditional sports, UNEVN has developed their BASE setup to suit both the best professionals and young players who still only dream of becoming a pro.

"Our main goal has been to create a product that people need. This way, we are able to help those that want to be professional e-athletes as well as create the best possible esports experience. We are building from the ground up," Santeri Rinkinen explains.

The company and its founders are very keen on making sure that the product is of high quality. For that reason, the product mostly consists of components provided by Finnish manufacturers. In addition, the product is assembled in Finland, which is where quality control also takes place.

"We are very proud to say that BASE is Finnish high-quality design, and due to the fact that we assemble the product in Finland, we are able to make sure the setups are of the highest quality," Aleksi Rinkinen concludes.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I hate to admit it, but that's actually kinda cool. I'd never want one, though - not as a consumer.

People bring laptops to big events and tournaments like Dreamhack and Insomnia these days, but I can imagine a touring esports event organiser would be gagging for something like this. After all, they rent venues temporarily, and compact storage and transportability are worth a lot in that industry, I'd imagine.

System Name Stugots V
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright PA-120 Black
Memory 2 x 16GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual RTX 4070
Storage 500GB WD SN750 | 2TB WD SN750 | 6TB WD Red +
Display(s) Dell S2716DG (1440p / 144Hz)
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element | Audioengine HD3 + A8 | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro (250)
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Leopold FC750R
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Anyone who walks into a room with that: "Are you a massage therapist or are you just happy to see me"?

Last edited:
System Name -
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 (4x140 push-pull)
Memory 32GB Patriot Steel DDR4 3733 (8GBx4)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4080 X-trio.
Storage Sabrent Rocket-Plus-G 2TB, Crucial P1 1TB, WD 1TB sata.
Display(s) LG Ultragear 34G750 nano-IPS 34" utrawide
Case Define R6
Audio Device(s) Xfi PCIe
Power Supply Fractal Design ION Gold 750W
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 Mini.
Keyboard Logitech K120
VR HMD Er no, pointless.
Software Windows 10 22H2
Benchmark Scores Timespy - 24522 | Crystalmark - 7100/6900 Seq. & 84/266 QD1 |
"Heat Resistant"....wtf?

Just another chinese POS with crap marketing and/or poor translation...

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
"Heat Resistant"....wtf?

First of all, this is a product from a Finnish company. Finland is not near the People's Republic of China.

As for heat resistance, they want to capitalize on the fact that laminate won't wrinkle from coffee, tea, etc. when savages who don't use coasters put bare mugs on the surface. This is also for Neanderthals who scarf on paper-wrapped Super Mega Crunch Cheese Burrito Supreme 5900 XT Pros without using porcelain china.

Assuming they plan to market this desk around the world, in some places computer users consume hot items more frequently than other places. However, believe it or not, most people will eat a hot meal at some point during the week.

The cheapest desktops are frequently made with very inexpensive materials. This company is basically saying "our stuff is better." Hopefully the glue that holds the desktop surface to the substrate won't delaminate after being exposed to pretty ordinary conditions. I know you will find it hard to believe but glues have different characteristics and the ones that cover a wider range of conditions tend to be more expensive.

Anyhow remember: not everyone does everything the exact same way as you.

And just one other point that seems to have escaped you: THERE IS A GAMING PC INSIDE THIS DESK.

Electronics generate heat. Powerful PC gaming CPUs and GPUs generate WAY more than the M2 Pro in my Mac mini. Naturally the desk surface closest to the PC cavity will be the most susceptible to heat-related damage and delamination. When you ventilate a PC case, not all of the heat goes out the exhaust vent.

This is not some cheapie workdesk that you see at stores like Staples, OfficeDepot, etc. It does more under conditions that your average office desk isn't subjected to.

Last edited:

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447
"Heat Resistant"....wtf?

The company and its founders are very keen on making sure that the product is of high quality. For that reason, the product mostly consists of components provided by Finnish manufacturers. In addition, the product is assembled in Finland, which is where quality control also takes place.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Anyone who walks into a room with that: "Are you a massage therapist or are you just happy to see me"?

Just wait until you see the size of my unit (Graphics Processing Unit that is...)

Linus tech tips mounted one on stream a couple months ago, TL: DW it's way too expensive for the ammount of flaws it has and th e limited usability.

Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5S
Memory Micron Ballistix Sports LT 3000 8G*4
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming
Storage Adata SX6000 Pro 512G, Kingston A2000 1T
Display(s) Gigabyte M32Q
Case Antec DF700 Flux
Audio Device(s) Edifier C3X
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Ducky ONE 2 Horizon
The aesthetics are good but this is probably an awful idea in practice.
This is also for Neanderthals who scarf on paper-wrapped Super Mega Crunch Cheese Burrito Supreme 5900 XT Pros without using porcelain china.
I don't know what that is but I feel like I definitely need one lol

The aesthetics are good but this is probably an awful idea in practice.
I don't know what that is but I feel like I definitely need one lol

D

Deleted member 185088

Sitting on a desk doesn't sound sporty to me, it's time to stop calling gaming a sport, it's entertainment yeah nothing else.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard AORUS B450 ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S Chromax Black
Memory DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT 2x8GB 3000MHZ CAS15 / DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz CAS 15
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6750XT Reference Design
Storage 2.5 TB 2.5" SSD / 3 TB HDD
Display(s) ASUS 27" 165HZ VG27WQ / Vertical 16/10 iiyama 25" 75Hz ProLite XUB2595WSU-B1
Case be quiet! Dark Base 700 RGB
Audio Device(s) PSB Alpha P3 / LOXJIE A30 Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA
Mouse Cooler master MM720
Keyboard Roccat horde
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10
Sitting on a desk doesn't sound sporty to me, it's time to stop calling gaming a sport, it's entertainment yeah nothing else.
It's not a physical game, but you can compete against other people. Chess is a sport too for example.

D

Deleted member 185088

It's not a physical game, but you can compete against other people. Chess is a sport too for example.
I wouldn't call chess a sport either, not sure chess players what they do sport, maybe because people respect chess, gamers don't have the same positive image and frankly calling themselves sportsmen doesn't help their case.

I wouldn't call chess a sport either, not sure chess players what they do sport, maybe because people respect chess, gamers don't have the same positive image and frankly calling themselves sportsmen doesn't help their case.

The definition of sport varies a bit depending who you ask but whatever the definition physical activity is only one part and not the entire thing.

Going by the oxford definition - activity that you do for pleasure and that needs physical effort or skill, usually done in a special area and according to fixed rules - both chess and video games fit very well. The cambridge requires physical activity but would otherwise would also fit.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard AORUS B450 ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S Chromax Black
Memory DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT 2x8GB 3000MHZ CAS15 / DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz CAS 15
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6750XT Reference Design
Storage 2.5 TB 2.5" SSD / 3 TB HDD
Display(s) ASUS 27" 165HZ VG27WQ / Vertical 16/10 iiyama 25" 75Hz ProLite XUB2595WSU-B1
Case be quiet! Dark Base 700 RGB
Audio Device(s) PSB Alpha P3 / LOXJIE A30 Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA
Mouse Cooler master MM720
Keyboard Roccat horde
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10
Having esports in the same way as motorsports don't seem like a big deal. You can play video game as entertainment if you want, people will continue to earn their living playing these games competitively, the same as sport, motorsport, ...
From what i've read, the term sport have a very vague etymology that can be use for any activities physical and mental that are not working, but the usage is more geared towards physical activities.

System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X PLUS
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB, &2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 34GP950G-B
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Some Schiit with Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker TH80 SE (Silent Red switches)
Software W11Pro
System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
Linus tech tips mounted one on stream a couple months ago, TL: DW it's way too expensive for the ammount of flaws it has and th e limited usability.

Wow that table way too many flaws for its price, but nice to see m.2 struggles when its done in real time and not on a work bench, so I know I am not alone on that.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
As for heat resistance, they want to capitalize on the fact that laminate won't wrinkle from coffee, tea, etc. when savages who don't use coasters put bare mugs on the surface.
I have a huge chunk of real wood on four steel legs that's (in today's market) worth about $1000 (probably $2000 in the US wood-starved market) and I treat it like utter shit. It's covered in ringmarks, gouges, dents and other abominable value-detracting blemishes from use. I bought it when I graduated and what seemed like an overkill investment 20 years ago is still going strong.

The thing is - I'm never going to sell it, and I could just belt-sand the whole thing pristine again if it bothered me, but it doesn't. It's a workdesk, not a vanity item and the fact I can treat it like shit without any permanent downsides is why it's so valuable and why I can afford to treat it like shit.

If you don't have the luxury of 45mm thick real hardwood, you genuinely need the particleboard+veneer to be robust, heat-resistant, waterproof, and well sealed. I've scratched countless MDF or Ikea tables before and once the water gets in the surface is not only ugly, it's no longer flat!