• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lords of the Fallen Patch 1.1.191 Fixes Some Bugs but No More DLSS 3 Frame Generation

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Games mostly deal with an API and thats a pretty advanced one (several) by now. There are more variables to account for sure, but a lot has been streamlined or taken out of the equation too. Its very strange that multiple decades of growing up led us to a worse state of releases. Its also strange that a large number of issues are (in-)directly caused by not game code but nonsense around it: always online, shop and account functionality, active DRM, anti cheat, etc etc.

All of it originates from greed before quality product. After all if its NOT greed, you can really only chalk it up to much worse assumptions: devs got stupid; or we devved ourselves into a hole; or the uniform path of progress isnt actually progress but stuff slowly falling apart... or a lot or people stopped actually giving a shit about whatever it is they do because game dev feels like working in a hamburger joint and no longer like an artistic/skill based achievement...

Or... its a bit of all of these things combined :)
I have a much simpler explanation: users put up with it and publishers found that out.

System Name Gungnir
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X @1.25v
Motherboard ASUS TUF B650M-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assasin 120 SE Black
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 CL36 5600MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 6800XT Merc 319 @1.1v @2600MHz clock @2140MHz vram freq. (surprisingly stable)
Storage 1TB WD SN770 | 2TB WD Blue SATA III SSD
Display(s) 1440p 165Hz VA
Case Lian Li Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80Ohm
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Keychron V6
VR HMD The bane of my existence (Oculus Quest 2)
I have a much simpler explanation: users put up with it and publishers found that out.
Most likely what is going on, whenever a game releases you always have the people rightfully complaining that a game is broken while you have many others saying to not complain, the devs will fix it later. Lacking content? Worry not! The devs will get to it! Just enjoy product guys.

It happens with most game releases nowadays, because of people just going "oh but the day 1 patch will fix it all" or "hey remember no mans sky?" The devs have realized (or rather, the higher ups) that they can simply not give a shit about anything. Look at remnant II, very heavy to run, but some months after launch it released an update that massively improved performance, why didn't it launch like that? Who knows!

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Oh yeah certainly, but now we're in the mode that developers can't even release something that has base functionality in order.

Its a sliding scale, keep doing the work halfway and you'll forget how it is supposed to go to make it right.
Blizzard has that issue now; Diablo IV is the perfect example. Mechanically, the game is broken so fundamentally, no amount of patching other than a complete remake will save it. Forget bugs. The game is just absolute horse shit to play, all fun sucked out of it.

Its a bit like in regular life, you need to protect people from themselves, this idea that every individual should just figure it all out by himself is a fallacy. We're supposed to learn from our peers and our history else we stagnate which effectively means we can't keep up in a world that keeps moving forward. Similarly, gamers need some guidance, as do consumers, plus checks and balances. The whole reason markets and capitalism spiral way out of control, begins at the very same principle. Humans lack restraint.

I often come back to psychology and human psyche for many of the things that occur... but that's really the core of the issue. We're being played and since we get played every day, we stopped noticing it and started accepting it. Commerce plays into our weaknesses.

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Oh yeah certainly, but now we're in the mode that developers can't even release something that has base functionality in order.

Its a sliding scale, keep doing the work halfway and you'll forget how it is supposed to go to make it right.
Blizzard has that issue now; Diablo IV is the perfect example. Mechanically, the game is broken so fundamentally, no amount of patching other than a complete remake will save it. Forget bugs. The game is just absolute horse shit to play, all fun sucked out of it.

Its a bit like in regular life, you need to protect people from themselves, this idea that every individual should just figure it all out by himself is a fallacy. We're supposed to learn from our peers and our history else we stagnate which effectively means we can't keep up in a world that keeps moving forward. Similarly, gamers need some guidance, as do consumers, plus checks and balances. The whole reason markets and capitalism spiral way out of control, begins at the very same principle. Humans lack restraint.

I often come back to psychology and human psyche for many of the things that occur... but that's really the core of the issue. We're being played and since we get played every day, we stopped noticing it and started accepting it. Commerce plays into our weaknesses.
You mean China-style?

This is gaming we're talking about. If people chose to throw money at crap, let them, it's their choice. We have more pressing issues to deal with.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Really, that is it?, we should already have by now Dark Souls 4.
I would imagine with DLC for Elden Ring, which was a big success for FS, and AC:6 they're kinda busy.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
You mean China-style?

This is gaming we're talking about. If people chose to throw money at crap, let them, it's their choice. We have more pressing issues to deal with.
Doesnt matter you can apply my post on anything from education to raising kids to health- and selfcare, and consumer behaviour in a broad sense. That includes those more pressing issues. What happens in gaming is exemplary for what people do elsewhere. Its a simple cause/effect thing, people should be made far more aware and excess should indeed be regulated.

You straight up mention China... stop thinking in extremes... its an easy way to kill any discussion and also to not face an inconvenient truth. Thats what I read in your post: head in the sand, because its painfully true.

We could debate how much people actually make a well informed choice and how much of that choice is manipulation.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Doesnt matter you can apply my post on anything from education to raising kids to health- and selfcare, and consumer behaviour in a broad sense. That includes those more pressing issues. What happens in gaming is exemplary for what people do elsewhere. Its a simple cause/effect thing, people should be made far more aware and excess should indeed be regulated.

You straight up mention China... stop thinking in extremes... its an easy way to kill any discussion and also to not face an inconvenient truth. Thats what I read in your post: head in the sand, because its painfully true.

We could debate how much people actually make a well informed choice and how much of that choice is manipulation.
What I meant is that I'm with you if you're talking about education and teaching people to think for themselves. And yes, head-in-the-sand when it comes to entertainment.