• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Announces Z790 Dark Hero EK-Quantum Momentum² Monoblock

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
EK, the distinguished leader in premium liquid cooling solutions, is unveiling its latest cutting-edge creation, the EK-Quantum Momentum² ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero D-RGB - Plexi, a monoblock designed exclusively for the Intel LGA 1700 socket. Precision-engineered to seamlessly integrate with the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO motherboard, this monoblock boasts an I/O cover that facilitates effortless Polymo Lighting Display integration. It brings unparalleled customization with the addressable D-RGB LEDs, harmonizing flawlessly with ASUS Aura Sync RGB control. Each diode offers a spectrum of lighting possibilities, providing dynamic and custom aesthetics. Elevate your liquid cooling setup with the EK-Quantum Momentum², a Quantum monoblock that adheres to EK-Matrix7 standards.

This is a complete all-in-one (CPU and motherboard) liquid cooling solution for Intel's 12th, 13th, and 14th-gen processors. It is compatible with the LGA1700 socket on the ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero motherboard. It's NOT compatible with the ROG Maximus Z790 Hero. Exclusively made for the Dark Hero model. The monoblock uses the latest-generation Velocity² cooling engine to ensure the best possible CPU cooling without reducing flow to other components. It directly cools the Intel Raptor Lake CPU, VRM section, and LAN controller.

Immerse yourself in the pinnacle of cooling performance with the EK-Quantum Momentum² ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero D-RGB, a monoblock engineered to elevate overclocking experiences. Designed with meticulous precision, the cooling liquid is channeled directly over critical components, ensuring unparalleled thermal efficiency for enthusiasts seeking high and stable overclocks. In true EK fashion, this monoblock features a high-flow design, making it an ideal solution for systems with less robust water pumps or lower pump speed settings.

The EK-Quantum Momentum² ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero D-RGB seamlessly integrates into the ROG motherboard ecosystem. Its LEDs connect to the Aura Gen2, a standard 3-pin 5 V D-RGB addressable header. This monoblock not only ensures exceptional thermal management but also adds a touch of sophistication to your system's aesthetics, exemplifying EK's commitment to innovation and performance.

The monoblock base is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper, while its top is made of quality cast acrylic material. The nickel-plated brass screw-in standoffs are pre-installed and allow for easy installation.

MSRP: 249.90 EUR. For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Clean!

I know it is costly, I wish these existed for a lot more of the Z790 motherboards!

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Clean!

I know it is costly, I wish these existed for a lot more of the Z790 motherboards!

If you have one of the most expensive boards, gots to haz the expensive water block for it too.