• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SUNON: Pioneering Innovative Liquid Cooling Solutions for Modern Data Centers

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
In the era of high-tech development and the ever-increasing demand for data processing power, data centers are consuming more energy and generating excess heat. As a global leader in thermal solutions, SUNON is at the forefront, offering a diverse range of cutting-edge liquid cooling solutions tailored to advanced data centers equipped with high-capacity CPU and GPU computing for AI, edge, and cloud servers.

SUNON's liquid cooling design services are ideally suited for modern data centers, generative AI computing, and high-performance computing (HPC) applications. These solutions are meticulously customized to fit the cooling space and server density of each data center. With their compact yet comprehensive design, they guarantee exceptional cooling efficiency and reliability, ultimately contributing to a significant reduction in a client's total cost of ownership (TCO) in the long term. In the pursuit of net-zero emissions standards, SUNON's liquid cooling solutions play a pivotal role in enhancing corporate sustainability. They o ff er a win-win scenario for clients seeking to transition toward greener and more digitalized operations.

SUNON presents a wide array of cooling modules and systems, including direct cooling solutions, rear-door heat exchangers (RDHx), and reservoir and pumping units (RPU). For instance, SUNON's open-loop direct cooling modules have been seamlessly integrated into various rack server applications. These solutions are engineered to align with system structures, ensuring a unique thermal contact configuration between surfaces, curvature of water pipes, and coolants. They cater to servers with high-performance cooling requirements, such as thermal contact resistance (Rth) below 0.04 ℃ /W, liquid flow of 1.25 LPM, and TDP of up to 700 W. Notably, these cooling solutions are fully compatible with Intel dual Socket Eagle Stream (EGS) Processors, thus enhancing operational efficiency.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I wish more consumer watercooling and AIOs were more like this - functional, well-made, cost-effective.

It's almost impossible to buy liquid cooling components these days that aren't at least 80% RGBLED and acrylic designed for looks first and performance is just a side note. The cost of two loops that are functionally identical can differ by 500% because of all the needless bling that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual watercooling.

With AIOs, the more you spend, the more bling you get - but for the most part the entry level AIO system has the same anemic little Asetek pump and block as the most expensive stuff.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
I wish more consumer watercooling and AIOs were more like this - functional, well-made, cost-effective.

It's almost impossible to buy liquid cooling components these days that aren't at least 80% RGBLED and acrylic designed for looks first and performance is just a side note. The cost of two loops that are functionally identical can differ by 500% because of all the needless bling that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual watercooling.

With AIOs, the more you spend, the more bling you get - but for the most part the entry level AIO system has the same anemic little Asetek pump and block as the most expensive stuff.

Have to agree, simple all metal designs, industrial looks, totally functional, nothing else.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
I use Sunon's MagLev blower fans in my rig. Solid, PBT plastic fins. Not the quietest monsters but absolutely unkillable.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
No RGB? Watch greedy companies mark those up as PROsumer product, even if actually cheaper to make.

Ye, No RGB, it is non useful for water cooling parts.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I love Sunon products, they are awesome.

No RGB? Watch greedy companies mark those up as PROsumer product, even if actually cheaper to make.

Except it won't be cheaper to make. Consumer stuff, especially gamer stuff, isn't made to nearly the same quality level, standards, testing, and on and on as professional or enterprise grade stuff.

That's because if some RGB gaming device fails it doesn't matter. Nothing of value was lost. It's strictly a buyer beware market where looks matter more than anything and all your customers aren't important. But when you are installing things into workstations and servers looks don't matter, your buyers are super savvy, and no amount of failure rates are remotely acceptable.

Not being able to half ass your designs, having to meet standards, and all that testing costs $$$$$$$$$. It's also mandatory in the professional and enterprise level and those purchasing there are willing to and can pay for it.

This is true of every sort of market out there. Once validation, testing, and standards get strict the cost to get something to market skyrockets.

While I agree with overall sentiment, be careful what you wish for. ;)

In a way it could end like with super cars. When you buy some posh Porsche 911 or Ferrari whatever with all bells and whistles in comfort departament it'll cost you say half a million $. But when you buy track stipped down version of aforementioned cars it'll cost you a 1M $. It's old trick which car makers do. They strip cars down to the barebones and they make you pay through the roof for the privilege of barebone model. It's totally retarded, but it works like this for years.

And BTW: these server solutions are very expensive. Much more expensive than any of RGB infested crap available for us plebs. It has to work at much higher pressure required to operate, plus when 5L of specialized coolant cost say 15k$ (assuming not using water as some datacenters do) you have to be double/triple, etc sure it's - within reason - indestructible. Heck even some PDF data sets for designing loop/decommissioning/moving liquid cooled servers cost 100$-200$ a pop.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I used a lot of sunon fans in the athlon xp days

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ

^^THIS^^

I've been sayin this for many years now, and I blame ASETEK for the lack of innovation & progress in the AIO pump & block design arena, since they will immediately pounce on & sue the crap out of anyone who dares to do anything that does not 100% comply with their patents :(

Yea yea, I know they are protecting their IP, but I feel certain that if it were not for their predatory behavior, we could have some really interesting AIO's available that aren't so damned boring AF and limited in performance :D