• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! at 2024 CES: White Editions of Dark Base 701 and Dark Base Pro 901, Fans, and More

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
The theme at be quiet! this CES is all about RGB lighting and white color variants. This is a big aesthetic departure from be quiet! which tends to have understated, mostly black product styling, with minimal use of RGB. Ah well, as long as it's all quiet. Among the cases, we saw all-white editions of the Dark Base 701, and Dark Base Pro 901 cases. The Dark Base 701 white retains its essential design and functionality, but now gets two addressable RGB silicone diffusers along the sides of the front panel. The interiors are all white, as are the included fans. The Dark Base Pro 901 white lacks any such RGB lighting elements, it's more of just a whitewash.

As we said, be quiet! is betting big on RGB and white color scheme this year, and has unveiled white variants of its Silent Wings 4, Light Wings, and Pure Wings 3 fan series, across all available sizes. These see white take over the frames and impellers. be quiet! collaborated with SignalRGB, the experts in elaborate RGB lighting, to create an art piece—a wall of 192 Light Wings White fans, all controlled through a single machine. The fans work like a mosaic to create actual images when viewed from a distance. Very creative!

Another thing that caught our attention was the be quiet! created cable that converts a 12VHPWR from your PSU's backplate, to a 12V-2x6 connector that's oriented at a 90° angle. This cable is capable of 600 W, although power delivery will depend entirely on what the PSU backplane for the 12VHPWR is able to put out. 12V-2x6 is poised to replace 12VHPWR as the more mechanically sturdy high-Wattage add-on card power delivery standard.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Looks like there are more colour options for PC parts this time around with white getting quite a bit more love.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Looks like there are more colour options for PC parts this time around with white getting quite a bit more love.
Yes, it does appear that the "white" treatment was actually realized this time around, too bad they stuck with the rectangular, boring ole boxen design model from the 70's.....

D

Deleted member 237269

Another thing that caught our attention was the be quiet! created cable that converts a 12VHPWR from your PSU's backplate, to a 12V-2x6 connector that's oriented at a 90° angle. This cable is capable of 600 W, although power delivery will depend entirely on what the PSU backplane for the 12VHPWR is able to put out. 12V-2x6 is poised to replace 12VHPWR as the more mechanically sturdy high-Wattage add-on card power delivery standard.
After the cablemod mess they are truly brave. Ready to gamble your GPU ? :kookoo:

Yes, it does appear that the "white" treatment was actually realized this time around, too bad they stuck with the rectangular, boring ole boxen design model from the 70's.....
For small form factor there are some really good options, nCore 100, Tower 300 and Deepcool 160 all have something different than regular boxes and aquariums.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Could have named these bright base and bright base pro seeing they are not black anymore

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12S
Memory 32GB @ 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT
Storage WD Black SN850(1TB), WD Black NVMe 2018(500GB), WD Blue SATA(2TB)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G9
Case Be Quiet! Silent Base 802
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME-GX-1000
You want some outrageous designs, you don't buy Be Quiet. I prefer the standard rectangular-like shape, as I prioritize horizontal space over vertical space when it comes to PC cases. I would personally never get something like the Lian Li O11 because of this. The case itself doesn't look anything like a 70's PC though. A case can be made for it looking... similar to a 90's PC, if you're being very generous in your definition.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
You want some outrageous designs, you don't buy Be Quiet. I prefer the standard rectangular-like shape, as I prioritize horizontal space over vertical space when it comes to PC cases. I would personally never get something like the Lian Li O11 because of this. The case itself doesn't look anything like a 70's PC though. A case can be made for it looking... similar to a 90's PC, if you're being very generous in your definition.
I don't want anything "outrageous", just something different than the same ole same same lame-assed boxen over & over & over again (for the past 20+ years), which all the mfgr's seem perfectly comfortable with calling them "new" when in fact they are not.... oh sure they add some (more) rainbow circus puke here & there, or move the psu mounts around, or try to hide the cables (again), ALL of which are hardly "NEW" in any sense of the word....

I don't care how it is oriented, how deep or how wide or how tall it is either.....just change things up once in a while for cryin out loud :D

Just as examples, in recent years, I've had a BitFenix Prodigy, an Air 540/740, a TT900, a Streacom DB4, a TT Level 20 XT and several other "different" cases....

And yea, perhaps I went back a tad to far in using the "70's" moniker, and should have said "90's" instead...my bad !