• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

This Week in Gaming (Week 3)

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
As we enter the third week of the new year, we have the first major release of the year, although it might not quite be a AAA release it combines something old with something even older to try and make it into something new. As for the rest of this coming week's releases, we have a steampunk RPG set in the Victorian area, a co-op FPS, a turned based 4X god game, a city builder with a twist and a world full of your pals.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown / This week's major release / Thursday 18 January
Dash into a stylish and thrilling action-adventure platformer set in a mythological Persian world where the boundaries of time and space are yours to manipulate. Play as Sargon and evolve from sword-wielding prodigy to extraordinary legend as you master acrobatic combat and unlock new Time Powers and unique super abilities.

Sovereign Syndicate/ Monday 15 January
Explore an open world in this Victorian steampunk cRPG. Choose from three playable characters with branching stories that intertwine. Investigate, interact, and take action to leave your mark on the world and its inhabitants. No random stat points here, use your skills to level them up, and trust your fate to our tarot card chance
system.

Contain / Tuesday 16 January
Contain is a first-person cooperative tactical shooter, but if you like you can play as a Lone Wolf. There is an organization that directs many task forces that are trying
to control objects of supernatural origin that have fallen from space. The story centers on a special task force.

Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator / Wednesday 17 January
You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator.

New Cycle / Thursday 18 January
Build a new civilization out of the chaos of an apocalyptic solar flare as you grow your House from a lone shelter to an industrial metropolis. Take on the burden of preserving life itself and help your people realize their aim: "A future beyond survival." Lead the world of New Cycle.

Palworld / Friday 19 January
Fight, farm, build and work alongside mysterious creatures called "Pals" in this completely new multiplayer, open world survival and crafting game!In a harsh environment where food is scarce and vicious poachers roam, danger waits around every corner. To survive, you must tread carefully and make difficult choices...even if that means eating your own Pals when the time comes.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
It was briefly mentioned in a previous PR post for Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, but I'll repeat it here. Ubisoft released a demo version on January 11. Worth checking out before release day.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
My vote is on Contain. It looks like a regular, boring cooperative shooter at first, but I'm a sucker for the supernatural. If the price is right, I'll buy it. :)

New Cycle looks nice, too, but I already have a ton of post-apocalyptic city builders, and I'm not sure what makes this one different.

As for this new Prince of Persia, I think the cartoony style was a bad choice. I don't know about you guys, but PoP has always been a serious title in my eyes, but I can't take anything that looks like a cartoon seriously. Sorry. :(

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
Well, glad they went back to 2D with "Prince of Persia"! Quite some nostalgia. :oops: Wish they would also release "Prince of Persia Classic" for PC.

Let's see how "New Cycle" and "Contain" turn out. Both games are from new unexperienced developers, in case you think about preordering.

Processor R7-7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 rev B
Memory no name DDR5-5200
Video Card(s) Some 3080 10GB
Storage dual Intel DC P4610 1.6TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34MQ + Dell 2708WFP
Case Lian-Li Lancool III black no rgb
Power Supply CM UCP 750W
Software Win 10 Pro x64
My vote is on Contain. It looks like a regular, boring cooperative shooter at first, but I'm a sucker for the supernatural. If the price is right, I'll buy it. :)

New Cycle looks nice, too, but I already have a ton of post-apocalyptic city builders, and I'm not sure what makes this one different.d
This week i see several titles that pique my interest too, i have to check that contain one as the description is too vague(is it coop pve, coop pvp, or what, does it have a campaign?), BUT graphics don't look very modern AND i really hate the "always dark and misty" atmosphere of shooters lately, give me bright saturated daylight colours, that dark/misty shit is to cover for cheap and lazy/bland level/game design, looking at the trailer, it's ALWAYS at night/heavy fog/dark corridors... meh

New cycle
also looks nice, BUT as you say, ¿what makes it different from others of the genre?, as they seem to be cropping left and right (post-apocalyptic city builders).
What bothers me about most of the games in the genre i've played is that they invent 20+ different resources you have to track with interlocking requirement and it turns into micromanagement hell and a min-max optimizing nightmare, that's not the sort of gameplay i want(i tried steamworld build and i'm ready to uninstall it, the growing insane requirements and milestones are pure stupidity and don't make it fun for me). If i wanted to hammer my nuts with annoyance mechanics, i'd play factorio

Sovereign syndicate looks interesting, might give it a whirl(in one year, as usual)

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
I watched a YouTuber play Palworld. He described it as Ark with Pokemon.