• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

4090 Super or 4090 Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Like what? Never came across a single instance where the 2060 super beats 1080Ti unless you are talking about RT. and dont kid yourself, nobody uses dlss, no enthusiast or anybody that knows better at least. I own both cards and have tested them against each other many times.
Say you don't know people without saying so. This statement is entirely incorrect and you're just spreading misinformation.

D

Deleted member 237813

he just wants to be right even if hes double wrong. typical child.

here is the exact same happening as with the 1080ti and 2060. its the exact same situation. now look how the 6600 sometimes outperforms it by 50% while being just as fast on paper. dx 12 weakness of pascal. pascal is dead. and no you dont even need upscaling for what i said originally.

System Name Daily driver
Processor i9 13900k
Motherboard Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling Custom loop
Memory 2x16 GB GSkill DDR5 @ 6000
Video Card(s) RTX4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB 990 Pro SSD 1x 2TB 970 evo SSD, 1x 4TB HDD
Display(s) LG 32" 2560x1440
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply beQuiet Dark Power 12 1000W
Mouse Razer Death adder
Keyboard Razer blackwidow v3
VR HMD n/a
Software Windows 11 pro
Benchmark Scores Heaven 4.0 @ 2560x1440 270.5 FPS
Wow really? now we are starting with name calling?
DLSS or not, the 2060 super is not faster than a 1080Ti.
That video is not using 1080Ti - they are using 1080 - and i dont see what 1080 non Ti vs 6600 has to do with 2060 super vs 1080Ti.
I get it. the newer architecture does better in some scenarios. that does not mean the card is overall faster than a pascal based card.

What enthusiast wants to use a technology that farts out fake frames full of artifacts? We go for higher end cards and throw raw HP at the problem, not cheater technology that looks like garbage.

D

Deleted member 237813

fake frames? now im fully convinced you have no clue about anything you say.

wake up call everything your gpu renders is fake. everything. raytracing while trying to simulate real life its no where near achieving it.

i also dont know what your video that you now posted has to do with anything. you simply said no one uses dlss. that sentence alone, reflect about it and come back again.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
What enthusiast wants to use a technology that farts out fake frames full of artifacts? We go for higher end cards and throw raw HP at the problem, not cheater technology that looks like garbage.
Okay, how about DLAA then? No enthusiast wants the best available AA solution either, I assume? Or what about RT and PT? Enthusiasts pay for higher end cards to max out games, right? How’s that 30 frames with RT gonna feel, good? No reason to use upscaling in such a case?

Honestly, throwing more performance at a problem is a terrible solution. It is acknowledged as terrible since, well, forever. The entire history of 3D graphics is dedicated to finding “cheats” for performance. It’s all a fake, upscaling and frame gen are just a new turn of the same wheel. If you are honestly considering only “muh real” frames to be worth your time, then I’m afraid that you’d have to be satisfied with older forward rendered games supersampled to 8K or some nonsense like that.

System Name Lulze
Processor ryzen 7700X
Motherboard X670E Taichi
Cooling 420 AIO
Memory 32 go ddr ddr5-6000
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Trinity OC
Storage 980 PRO
Case CORSAIR 7000D
Power Supply CORSAIR HX Series HX1200
the rtx 2060 is not beating the 1080 ti,

the 1080 ti is on par with an Rtx 2070 super,

1706705556906.png

Processor Ryzen 7800x3d
Motherboard Asus B650e-F Strix
Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
Memory Gskill 32gb 6000 mhz cl30
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage Samsung 980 pro 2tb, Samsung 860 evo 500gb, Samsung 850 evo 1tb, Samsung 860 evo 4tb
Display(s) Acer XB321HK
Case Coolermaster Cosmos 2
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi 5.1 Pro + Logitech Z560
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Win10 pro
Say you don't know people without saying so. This statement is entirely incorrect and you're just spreading misinformation.

Well he aint wrong that any high fidelity enthusiast wouldn't use dlss, unless absolutely necessary. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Okay, how about DLAA then? No enthusiast wants the best available AA solution either, I assume? Or what about RT and PT? Enthusiasts pay for higher end cards to max out games, right? How’s that 30 frames with RT gonna feel, good? No reason to use upscaling in such a case?

Honestly, throwing more performance at a problem is a terrible solution. It is acknowledged as terrible since, well, forever. The entire history of 3D graphics is dedicated to finding “cheats” for performance. It’s all a fake, upscaling and frame gen are just a new turn of the same wheel. If you are honestly considering only “muh real” frames to be worth your time, then I’m afraid that you’d have to be satisfied with older forward rendered games supersampled to 8K or some nonsense like that.

Dlaa often makes the image look completely wrong, highlighting stuff that shouldn't be highlighted etc.

The only case where i do like dlss is dsr 4x + dlss performance or better. That does result in a noticeable image upgrade over native.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Wow.

I think you all should go back and read the opening post. Stop bickering about off-topic subjects.

No further warnings will be given.

Processor E5-2690 v4
Motherboard VEINEDA X99
Video Card(s) 2080 Ti WINDFROCE OC
Storage NE-512 KingSpec
Display(s) G27Q
Case DAOTECH X9
Power Supply SF450
The supply of 4090 is dwindling since last sept. It dissapeared with the ai related restrictions. never to fully recover. 4090 sup changes nothing 5% better perf Nvidia just discontinued it. 4090 is over and done for. Inflated prices for the richest.

System Name YACS amd
Processor 5800x,
Motherboard gigabyte x570 aorus gaming elite.
Cooling bykski GPU, and CPU, syscooling p93x pump
Memory corsair vengeance pro rgb, 3600 ddr4 stock timings.
Video Card(s) xfx merc 310 7900xtx
Storage kingston kc3000 2TB, amongst others. Fanxiang s770 2TB
Display(s) benq ew3270u, or acer XB270hu, acer XB280hk, asus VG 278H,
Case lian li LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) obs,
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti pro 1000w
Mouse logitech g703
Keyboard durogod keyboard. (cherry brown switches)
Software win 11, win10pro.
I'm fed up with driver crashes on my 7900xtx and looking to either go 4080 Super or just go 4090.

Are there any rumors of a 4090 Ti or 4090 Super?

Will the 40 series Supers impact the price of normal retail 4090 at all? I see the best new price now as $1600 USD, which is 4090 MSRP.

really?. the 4090 is a the best GPU (gaming) you can pay for, it is certified as the fastest gpu you can buy for gaming. Nvidia NEVER reduces prices, the 4080super price reduction is a “ snowball chance in hell” kind of a event.

the best never gets a price reduction, (WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR, IS PAR FOR THE COURSE WITH THE FASTEST… sorry for the caps. AMD priced the 7900xtx at what it is because AMD has a margin of 45%, and Nvidia has a margin of 70%. the 4080super price makes the margon more like AMD’s it this specific item)

instead figure out why you hate the 7900xtx… is because of the FOMO of the DLSS and other Nvidia “features”.

i bought a ps4pro because i want to think i was “pro”. i will never be “pro”. (in any case, the PS5 is better, lol. and i have one) ps5 is more expensive than a ps4pro. (although the ps5pro will be the same price as the original price of the ps5… just like the ps4pro was to the ps4)

set the voltage on the 7900xtx to full, and if it is still crashing RMA it. sounds like you want the 7900xtx to be a 4090. and are expecting overclocks to make it what you want.

just spend the extra 1000 dollars
(a crashing 7900xtx does not have much resale value… 600 dollars.
i think you are overstating the “badness” of the 7900xtx, because you are not going to sell the 7900xtx for 600 dollars…

D

Deleted member 237813

if it is really the gpu that is crashing then its faulty. its that simple. if you sell that you are an asshole unless you say its damaged of course.

i dont know what people do so that they get crashes all da around then i see the pcs from a clients with pirated games, more programms that no one ever needs than i can count, multiple software that do the same and is then wondering why software conflicts. :laugh:

if you want to be sure, reinstall windows and leave amd settings alone if its crashing the gpu is faulty.

Windows has a bad habit that it downloads drivers in the back ground before you install the amd driver. so download the amd driver, uninstall the existing installed amd driver turn off your pc, unplug your pc from the internet and the turn it on and install the amd drivers OFFLINE so windows cant put its legs beetween, then plug in back internet. voila

this is how i fixed a lot of amd issues from people if it really is a software issue or windows driver conflicts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO (WiFi 6)
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S (two fans)
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Reference Vega 64
Storage Intel 665p 1TB, WD Black SN850X 2TB, Crucial MX300 1TB SATA, Samsung 830 256 GB SATA
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG27, and Samsung S23A700
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TITANIUM 850W
Mouse Logitech
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Windows 11 Pro, and Ubuntu 20.04
it doesnt matter what you agree or not. and the 1080ti is a better overclocker because of the powerlimit on huge cards. plenty of new games where the 2060 smokes it. not to mention dlss and proper dx 12 support which is the reason. pascal is dead unless you play old games, turing does everything better.
It isn't just the power headroom; Turing Super SKUs were also clocked higher than Pascal so they had smaller gains from overclocking. In any case, some recent games bear out your point; Hogwarts from the Techspot review that I linked to in an earlier post shows the 2060 Super matching the 1080 Ti. It's still a far cry from beating the 1080 Ti though. Of course, Turing has a more modern feature set and perhaps in the future, the 2060 Super may outpace the 1080 Ti, but I don't think there's any game out there where it does that now.

D

Deleted member 237813

pascal, turing or ampere operate all in the same range. 2.1ghz being the limit on 98% of the cards. just lock ada to 2ghz you will be surprised ;) . terrible gaming arch. just like intel did with their monolithic chips, much helps much. but the 4090 hit a freaking wall. will be interesting to see how they improve the performance on the 5090 if much at all. i dont expect more than lousy 30%.

plenty of games out there, watch the damn video that applies exactly to the 1080ti and 2060 too
:shadedshu:

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
Sure...

Let's see in 1 year, where you post timestamped pictures of running a test for burnin - it will 100% have it, even if you are too blind to notice it... they all get it eventually.
My 2019 B9 is still waiting for this to happen... hasn't done it to date.

I really think you are overblowing this. I could load up a perfect grey image right now and have no burn in spots apparent. And I've been using this documented on TPU for 5 years now...

Full brightness can be pretty murderous on an OLED
I've heard this but ironically its all I've ever ran and mine seems to be doing better than yours.

EDIT: Wait... this topic has nothing to do with OLEDs... where am I?

Wow.

I think you all should go back and read the opening post. Stop bickering about off-topic subjects.

No further warnings will be given.
I have no idea how I got drawn in here, sorry, but stopping. To go back to the original subject does the 4090 ti even exist or isn't that just a theoretical? If so, buy whats available is what I say.

D

Deleted member 237813

people are still concerned because of that bur in bs? lol its like with the nvidia adapter. you hear a few bad storeis and think its shit but you enver hear form the millions who have no issue at all and yes both sell millions of gpus i na quarter.( maybe not right now but still since its been the lowet since like ever no surpise with these prices most people care for value and its just not there in any class.....) they still sell at least a million in a quarter nvidia probably more.

the thing i wann say is you will hear a lot of negative voices because people complain about it but you will not hear all the people who have no issues at all because they are enjoying it :). its called loud minority especially on the internet.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Okay - I've locked the thread. As a warning to everyone involved, when a thread is created, it is to discuss that topic. While we allow things to meander a little, this thread was hijacked over and over with off-topic bullshit. I left a warning and still things went off topic. While some of you think you were having a laugh, keeping a thread steered away from the topic in the title isn't helpful to the community. Thread titles draw people to them, not the nonsense content held within.

For the same behaviour in future, expect warning points and reply bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.