• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.11 Adds Hybrid CPU Utilization Setting on PC

UTVOL06

That is you, specifically. Not everyone will see it that way.

Efficiency always matters. Even on desktops. Also better efficiency=lower temps=lower noise and more compact computer.

Better by how much? 14900K is within 5% of 7950X3D in performance (temperatures too but only in gaming), but consumes two or three times a much power while doing so (even in gaming). That <5% may be worth it to you, but for most people i reckon it is not.

As if that is even advantageous these days. Intel has already pushed it so far that there is no OC headroom left and modern boost algorithms mean that even if you OC manually you can never match those boost frequency's manually. This means that in gaming it will actually lose performance. Not to mention the fact that when stressed then Intel quickly reaches temperature limits that further limit overclocking.
From TPU's review:

First you say you like overclocking and then low maintenance. These two don't go together. The best low maintenance CPU is one that does not require overclocking and does not care about how fast your RAM speed is. And that is 7800X3D by far.

And later below your post you describe how you are messing with turning off e-cores to get the best gaming performance. Thereby contradicting your earlier statements. The same way a user could buy 7950X3D and turn off the CCD without the V-Cache. For gaming the 7800X3D requires none of that and is cheaper too.

Yes and intel is low effort with overclocking and turning off e-cores?
For gaming the 7800X3D is best by far and requires no overclocking, no thread directors and does not care about ram speeds. Not to mention the incredibly efficiency. It is the best option for most users.
You must not even have a clue when it comes to the overclocking potential of a good 13900KS or good 14900K CPU. The stock P core frequency for when there are 3-8 active P cores is 5.6Ghz on the 13900KS and E cores are set to 4.3Ghz. I have a custom water loop and I'm easily running all my active P cores at 5.9Ghz and E cores at 4.7Ghz. and I still have thermal headroom. Efficiency matters only to a certain degree when it comes to a gaming desktop CPU. If you have a custom water loop you can cool a lot more wattage/power consumption on the CPU. I've had a 7950x a 7950x3D a 13900KS and a 14900K CPU. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the issues of core and CCD allocation when it comes to the 7950x3D and I know what kind of overclocking potential a good 13900KS has. you AMD fanboys are all the same...all I see out of them is arguing about efficiency. You can solve the same task with more efficiency, but you can also solve it with more power. super efficiency is best suited for the Laptop market, not the high end desktop market. In the end, the most important thing is that we all have a choice between the two companies to fit our personal needs and I'm sick and tired of AMD fans bashing on intel. to each their own.

You must not even have a clue when it comes to the overclocking potential of a good 13900KS or good 14900K CPU.
That's because i don't have to. X3D performance the best out of the box. I dont have to OC, validate stability and purchase and learn a custom loop just to keep up with X3D at triple the power draw.
The stock P core frequency for when there are 3-8 active P cores is 5.6Ghz on the 13900KS and E cores are set to 4.3Ghz.
So a 300-400Mhz overclock at even more increased power draw that requires a custom loop?
That some "amazing" OC headroom there.
Efficiency matters only to a certain degree when it comes to a gaming desktop CPU. If you have a custom water loop you can cool a lot more wattage/power consumption on the CPU.
At what cost? Custom loop is not cheap, nor is it easy to get into for most people.
you AMD fanboys are all the same...all I see out of them is arguing about efficiency.
Im not an AMD fanboy. I owned i5-2500K OC'ed to 4.7Ghz from 2011 to 2019. 2500K had stock base 3.3Gnz and boost 3.7Ghz. That's a whole extra 1Ghz of OC. Back when OC actually mattered and did not require expensive custom loop and could be cooled by a simple HSF tower cooler, not at triple the power draw.

From 2019 i went to 3800X and now 5800X3D from 2022. I fail to see how that makes me a fanboy. I always buy that which makes most sense for my needs at any given moment. Right now it's AMD. In the future it could be Intel again, but first they have to produce something that does not require OC and custom loop to reach peak performance at the cost of efficiency. Electricity is very expensive where i live so even with a desktop PC it matters a lot to me.
I'm sick and tired of AMD fans bashing on intel.
As if Intel fans did not bash AMD during the Bulldozer era? Now you know how AMD users felt at the time.
Intel is a multi billion dollar megacorporation. They dont need people defending them in forums and social media.
I much prefer the products themselves do the talking. Make a good product and people will buy it.

Fietser

but this blind AMD fanboyism and bandwagon loyalty has got to stop
You're framing the argument as to say AMD users are stupid. I hope I read that wrong.
Also, as we have a climate crisis on our hands, saving energy should 2nd nature no matter what situation you're in.
My computer sits right next to me on the table, and I can't hear it while gaming, that has to count for something as well. #noise

So, back on-topic, I mainly play Cyberpunk lately at 1920*1200 with full ray tracing and ray reconstruction and so on.
As a photographer with an eye for shadows, I love what they have done to the game and I can't play without maxing out the settings.
My 4060Ti handles things fine with frame generation, enough so that I can under-volt my card as well only using 120 watts in game.
So, now that I've explained how and why I play it like this, do you hate me?

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / RX 480 8 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / FSP Epsilon 700 W / Corsair CX650M [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
You guys can argue all you please but in Cyberpunk 2077, it doesn't matter what CPU you rock, both Intel and AMD systems crash in this game because it's a cesspool of bugs. Deal with it.

I mainly play Cyberpunk lately at 1920*1200
As a photographer with an eye
These two don't line up together. You are losing A LOT of details due to running this game at such a low resolution. CP2077 was meant to run at 4K.

UTVOL06

You're framing the argument as to say AMD users are stupid. I hope I read that wrong.
Also, as we have a climate crisis on our hands, saving energy should 2nd nature no matter what situation you're in.
My computer sits right next to me on the table, and I can't hear it while gaming, that has to count for something as well. #noise

So, back on-topic, I mainly play Cyberpunk lately at 1920*1200 with full ray tracing and ray reconstruction and so on.
As a photographer with an eye for shadows, I love what they have done to the game and I can't play without maxing out the settings.
My 4060Ti handles things fine with frame generation, enough so that I can under-volt my card as well only using 120 watts in game.
So, now that I've explained how and why I play it like this, do you hate me?
No I definitely didn't mean to seem like I was calling AMD owners stupid at all. It's just the extremists of the brand that cause the issues. Also, with a custom water loop like I recently installed it allows you to run your radiator fans a lot more quiet than with what you would on a fan cooler or AIO. There is absolutely no animosity towards you or any other member on here so please don't take it that way. We should have a right to pick which CPU brand we feel fits us best and not crap on one another's choices. All I was venting about was that there has been an awful lot of flack on the internet and youtube from AMD fans where they just repeatedly bash and dump on anyone that likes intel's product offerings. I think we should respect each other's choices. Thanks

Fietser

There is absolutely no animosity towards you or any other member on here so please don't take it that way.
Thanks, that's good to hear. On the internet and the way you wrote it, that was hard to guess.
So, what do you think of this Cyberpunk update? (I always try to stay on-topic in my posts)

UTVOL06

Thanks, that's good to hear. On the internet and the way you wrote it, that was hard to guess.
So, what do you think of this Cyberpunk update? (I always try to stay on-topic in my posts)
I had stuttering issues with the new Hybrid CPU performance option that is now available in this update that supposedly tells Cyberpunk to exclusively use the Intel 13900/14900k P cores instead of the e cores, but there must be some sort of conflict with the built in hardware scheduler. I set it back to "Auto", which basically makes it run like it did before the update and turns the P core priority feature off. We shall have to wait until they get the issues worked on in this specific feature they just added.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) SHP-9500, custom tube amp, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
My next chip was going to be the 8800x3d or 9800x3d anyway, but this is still pretty cool of them.