• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Well, build log, profession advancement... The works I guess!! :) Complete and Total Overkill part 3!!

Processor Threadripper 3955WX
Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3733 (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) 5700XT + 3x RX 590
Storage A lot
Display(s) ViewSonic G225fB
Case Corsair 760T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply be quiet! DPP12 1500W
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
I'm a water cooling boy to be honest and that's miles out of date lol Crap I've had about 6 systems since then!! :( Damn it for being crap :laugh: :nutkick: :banghead:
Air is great in places like servers and such like that... With my 3900X, 3950X, 5950X, 3970X etc., water was definitely the way to go :) I'm going to update that now before I forget even more ! :D
Bought an used Corsair case a while ago, and instead of trying to resurrect an ancient Core 2 Quad build to make a NAS out of it I'll just put my current parts in, more than enough room for all the parts + a dozen HDDs + extra PSU (not enough connectors for all the drives in the main one) and some more Delta fans.

I could throw another graphics card in it but not sure if the PSU will be up to the task.

PPE required if all the fans run at 100% speed /s
untitled 2.png

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Well, I'm crap at updating things that's for sure and goes without saying since its been 16 months, I figured time to sort that out :)

So a bit of an update on the job status I think first :)

Whilst the job is not the best or where I'd ultimately like to be heading or headed, its close to my daughter for school just in case and then that also means that if I can or need to, I can finish earlier and get to pick her up and that makes life a little easier for us as the Mrs's works further away than I do.. I guess the job is far from perfect but because its closer by and I don't have to travel that far, its doing its purpose for the moment, putting food on table, roof over our heads and so on, so I can't complain there :) If I can maybe at a later date step into something a little more technical, that would definitely be something I'd consider just so it might help and make things a little better for family and the fact that I'd actually be progressing in IT rather than going backwards... Although I've no real complaints with the people and really the job, it is a little unfulfilling sadly..

Life also has had a few ups and downs recently but when wouldn't we have our own life challenges and such going on... Things with my eldest daughter and my partner having a car accident haven't meant that things have been plain sailing but there again, we still have our health as such for the moment so here's hoping things from here just get better :) It'll be nice to actually start working towards that bigger house to move into, so going to try and focus on that I think!! One step closer to that happening would be a great thing as most of the time, I feel like I'm stepping away from it not getting closer to it!!

So, with all that said, I think hopefully over the next few days, I'll have to try and get some more updates on the hardware side of things, as after all, I think that's where the fun is at!! :)

If you've made it this far, massive thanks for the support as always!! Hopefully things can only get better!! Or was that dreams....?? :) :cool: :lovetpu:

System Name Nilin
Processor Ryzen 9 5800x
Motherboard Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li Galahad AIO 360
Memory G. Skill TridentZ Neo 32gb 3600Mhz CL16-16-16-36
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3080
Storage Samsung Evo 960 250gb (System), Samsung Evo 860 500gb (Misc), Samsung 990 Pro 1Tb (Games)
Display(s) LG 27" UHD IPS, LG Ultragear 27" WQHD Nano IPS
Case InWin 303 (7x Fractal Prisma 120mm)
Power Supply Tt Toughpower Grand RGB 850W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 3
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/fs/21022952 (old system)
Great to hear you are alive and kickin' ya old hardware loon!
Being a family man like you I'd also have being close to my daughters over a job any time. Thats kinda my situation as well (but my girls are preschool still) :D
Looking forward to your hardware update! Cheers!