• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection" Strikes Back on March 14

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
Grab your gear and your controller, soldiers. It's time to return to the battlefront. During yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games revealed Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection, which will see the beloved Star Wars Battlefront (2004) and Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) introduced to a new generation. Coming March 14 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam for $35.01.

Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection features restored online play for up to 64 players, expansions to Hero Assault mode, and all previously released bonus content for both titles. Steam users will also enjoy Steam Deck support. Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection includes a galaxy of content inspired by the original and prequel trilogies, from famous battles across Episodes I-VI, to playable heroes and villains like Asajj Ventress, Darth Vader, and more, to unique modes and challenges.

STAR WARS: Battlefront Classic Collection launches on March 14th!

See below for a full breakdown of what to look forward, including previously console-exclusive extras now included on all platforms:
Star Wars Battlefront (Classic)
  • Includes Bonus Map: Jabba's Palace

Star Wars Battlefront II (Classic)
  • Includes Bonus Maps: Bespin: Cloud City, Rhen Var: Harbor, Rhen Var: Citadel, and Yavin 4: Arena
  • Includes Bonus Heroes: Asajj Ventress & Kit Fisto

Key Features
Traverse the Galaxy in Campaign Mode & Galactic Conquest
  • Galactic Conquest: Devise your strategy, recruit your troops, and execute your tactical vision for conquering the galaxy.
  • Star Wars Battlefront Campaign: Experience iconic battles from Star Wars Episodes I-VI
  • Star Wars Battlefront II Campaign: Join the rise of Darth Vader's elite 501st Legion of Stormtroopers

Massive Locations with Up to 64-player Online Support
  • Fight on the Ground: Wookiee warriors, jet troopers, droidekas, and more in massive multiplayer action
  • Drive Iconic Vehicles: Speeder bikes, AT-STs, AT-RTs, and more in offensive and defensive battles
  • Pilot Legendary Starships: TIE fighters, X-wings, and more in space and air dogfights

Expanded Hero Assault
For the first time ever, Hero Assault is playable on all ground maps including: Death Star, Kashyyyk, Kamino, and Naboo
  • Fight with Heroes: Mace Windu, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, and many others!
  • Battle with Villains: Darth Maul, General Grievous, Darth Vader, and many others!

Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront II, originally developed by LucasArts, are action/shooter games that incorporate elements of strategy, and stand among the most beloved Star Wars games of all time.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, transparent full custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
Some of the best games ever made. Hopefully there's full mod support and community servers.

Kind of irks me here. I have SW BF (original 2004) edition that I purchased on a CD years ago for about $5. I bought the GoG version of the game for my son's computer and he loves playing it. I was excited about us playing multiplayer together, but apparently LAN play is completely broken. Now, they are re-releasing it, with working multi-player, but I'm going to have to pay $35 just to fix something that was broken in the original product?

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Is EA starting to realise that the games they made/released 20 years ago were much better? I love it! :D

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
Please tell my why they didn't delay the release for a couple of months - to May 4.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Kind of irks me here. I have SW BF (original 2004) edition that I purchased on a CD years ago for about $5. I bought the GoG version of the game for my son's computer and he loves playing it. I was excited about us playing multiplayer together, but apparently LAN play is completely broken. Now, they are re-releasing it, with working multi-player, but I'm going to have to pay $35 just to fix something that was broken in the original product?
Yeah, the tax is steep. I doubt there are that much of crucial changes, that are worth of the price of entire game. To be honest, they should have just made a patch to the old games, and put them on the sale in EA "store" Steam, and other storefronts. And that's their fault in the first place, that they've dropped the support and servers for these, just to not ruin the already horrible sales of "Frostbite" Battlefront remakes.

But, it worth of admiting, that outside the price, this still is definitely a movement in the right direction. This has to be done many years ago, to begin with.

I know, that many people would comply at this sentense, but not everyone has the original copies. And not everyone is ready to use mods in order to play online. It would be nice, if these re-issues would cross-work with the original and GoG versions as well.
Is EA starting to realise that the games they made/released 20 years ago were much better? I love it! :D
Now they have to so the same for all old BF since BF1942 till BF2 and BF2142, and all older pre-Criterion NFS games. Might as well port Army of Two to PC. The potential is huge. They shoud just stick to the reasonable pricing. If CDPR can do this with their GoG version, I can't see why EA whti their billions can't do even better. And these games do not need any DRM either.
The amount of unique and interesting IP and abandonware that is just doesn't lay and collect dust is enormous. Someone have to come in and give it the attention it deserves.

Last edited:
System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
@AusWolf

Of the collection. Or maybe I misunderstood the news post.

Software Windows 10 Pro
@AusWolf

Of the collection. Or maybe I misunderstood the news post.
Oh, sure. :) I just fail to see how this is a collection for people who already bought the games 20 years ago, or basically anytime in the past.

System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
The important and neat part about this is returning official MP support.

Considering I don't have the same nostalgia (but, respect the games/community/impact on gaming culture) for these games, I don't think I'll be giving EA any money.
Especially, if I have to use their DD client. I've abandoned licenses for 5+ $29+ paid games, and about a dozen free/humblebundle licenses on EA's platform; it's *that* bad.

I guarantee they will shut down servers within 3 years and then re-release another remaster in 5 years.

Software Windows 10 Pro
I guarantee they will shut down servers within 3 years and then re-release another remaster in 5 years.
Another? This is not a remaster, just an old game made to run on modern servers.

Software Windows 10 Pro
You lost me at $35
Why develop a new game and risk it being a flop when you can just resell an old game and turn a profit even if only 2 people buy it? :slap:

EA reeks of desperation these days.

Why develop a new game and risk it being a flop when you can just resell an old game and turn a profit even if only 2 people buy it? :slap:

EA reeks of desperation these days.
This is actually great strategy, which EA was to stubborn to admit for all these years. The lost so much money and credibility.
But as for the game itself, $35 is still huge for a complete game, made twenty years ago. They want to attach the modern prices required for AAA games for something that already done. It should be the single patch that fixes the GameSpy server issue, and that's it. The modding community already made the OpenSpy, and many other alternatives. for free

Last edited: