• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG NUC 14 Listed at E-tailer, High-end Configuration costs €2499

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
Last October, Intel handed over its Next Unit of Computing (NUC) product lines—in an official capacity—to a new patron; ASUS. A couple of months later, the latter's Republic of Gamers brand introduced a new NUC model—"Scorpion Canyon"—during their Transcendence Virtual Launch Live event at CES 2024. TPU staffers in attendance managed to spend some time with the ROG NUC, at the ASUS booth. A preview placard advertised that the best configuration could be powered by up an Intel Core Ultra 9 185H CPU and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Mobile GPU. At the time, company representatives did not disclose any pricing information.

Finalized units are pre-orderable at one retailer, according to reports from Friday—Proshop's listing reveals that customers in Denmark, Germany and Finland can purchase the top-end ASUS ROG NUC 14 configuration (RNUC14SRKU9189A2I) for €2499 (~$2724). NotebookCheck has discovered the existence of six different SKUs—on ASUS Spain's official website. Despite the diverse list of (apparent) options, ROG: "only really offers Core Ultra 7 155H and GeForce RTX 4060, or (the aforementioned) Core Ultra 9 185H and GeForce RTX 4070 spec. While pricing for the former remains unknown, Proshop is selling the latter with 32 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage for €2499 in the Eurozone...Currently, Proshop expects to begin shipping ROG NUC orders from April 10, signalling an April 2024 global launch."

ROG NUC—Compact Gaming Power

ASUS redefines gaming with the first-ever ROG NUC. Featuring up to Intel Core Ultra 9 processors and NVIDIA RTX 4070 discrete graphics, this compact powerhouse delivers unmatched gaming experiences. With the performance hybrid architecture of Intel Core Ultra processors, gamers have the freedom to chat, browse, stream, edit, record, and play without skipping a beat. The 2.5-liter chassis is designed for quick system access, making upgrades and cleaning quick and easy. Compatible with the Raikiri Pro controller, the ROG NUC is the ultimate choice for gamers seeking uncompromised performance and flexibility in a compact form factor. Learn More from ASUS Website: https://rog.gg/NUC

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Nope...

Notta......

No way 'Jose....

Not even in your wildest friggin THC/LSD/Meth-inspired dreams :D

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
A 4070 mobile for almost 3000 dollars? What a bunch of... *censored* Asus and intel together are really... *censored*. lol
It not just a mobile 4070, it has 2.5L of volume(less is more $$$), an included vertical stand( that you'll probably never use but that's at least 1000 usd right there), "quick integration," more ports than you've ever seen on a space heater of this caliber, SODIMM slots!!!! and *deep breath* R!!!!.G!!!!!.B!!!!!!. You should be praising Asus for being able to set your eyes on this magnificient beast free of charge nonetheless. Oh, the magnanimity.

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
A 4070 mobile for almost 3000 dollars? What a bunch of... *censored* Asus and intel together are really... *censored*. lol
Right! I wonder if their stateside pricing will be in-line with this. Who in their right mind is going to buy a laptop without a screen for more than a laptop that includes a screen with the same parts? Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of squeezing less power hungry parts into a smaller chassis as a desktop PC. I'm certainly not going to pay a price premium for it. Asus tax or not!

Feels like everything is way more expensive than it should be and this is another example.