• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bricked Msi rx 5700 mech after wrong bios flash. No POST at all.

HarelV

So i tried flashing my rx 5700 mech to an xt to increase performance because it was using a mining bios. after i flashed the pc will not POST no matter what i did (checked with 3 different pc's) so i read online that it will post after i will short pin 1 and 8 on the bios chip but when i did that (and i tried it a bunch of times and in multiple ways) nothing happened and the pc did not POST. i already have a bootable dos drive with the bios and amdvbflash but i need to make the pc POST with the card in it. any ideas (using a flash programmer is the least preferred option as getting one will take a month to arrive)

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
So i tried flashing my rx 5700 mech to an xt to increase performance because it was using a mining bios. after i flashed the pc will not POST no matter what i did (checked with 3 different pc's) so i read online that it will post after i will short pin 1 and 8 on the bios chip but when i did that (and i tried it a bunch of times and in multiple ways) nothing happened and the pc did not POST. i already have a bootable dos drive with the bios and amdvbflash but i need to make the pc POST with the card in it. any ideas (using a flash programmer is the least preferred option as getting one will take a month to arrive)
Please tell us the full system specifications. Which cpu and motherboard do you have. Do you have a second system which you can use?

System Name Gaming1 / Office 2
Processor Intel i7 7700k@4.8ghz / Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard MSI 270 SLI PLUS / MSI MAG X570S - TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
Cooling ID-Cooling Frostflow X 120 - Liquid / ID-Cooling SE-903 V2
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Black / 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL - 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5700XT THICC III Ultra 8GB / XFX RX 6600XT 8GB
Storage 1st : 1x SSD Samsung 870 Evo 1Tb + 4x SAS HDD in RAID / 2nd : 1 Tb SSD Nvme Samsung 970 EVO PLUS
Display(s) 2x Dell 3008 WFP
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 / GENESIS IRID 300
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster XFI / Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W / Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech G5
Keyboard Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205 / Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205
Software 1st - Win 10 Pro X64 / Win 7 X86 / Ubuntu / 2nd - Windows 11 Pro x64
Hello.
In order to try to help you, we need more info as @VuurVOS already told you.
On the other hand it would be useful to have another video card that will be used at the moment to be the main video card, in order to boot into windows.
After windows will finish loading, you will start the flashing procedure for the bricked card.
But...only after you gives us more details