• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BioShock Wins Spike TV's 2007 Game of the Year Award

hacker111

YA they definatly deserved the game of the year....if you didn't watch this show make sure to next year and pay attention its sweet...Ya um but I think it is a tie between Halo 3 and Bioshock and I disagree with Crysis getting the best graphics award I think Halo 3 deserves that....But overall the show last night was pretty good.:toast:

Wayward

Processor Core 2 Q9450 775/Yorkfield @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9700 NT
Memory 4x2GB Corsair XMS2-DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD4870 1024MB GDDR5
Storage Seagate 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) 2x 19" LG LCD
Case Raidmax Scorpio (modified)
Audio Device(s) Audigy2 ZS Platinum
Power Supply Kingwin Mach 1 1220w
I think we can all agree, however, that CoD4 more than earned the awards it got. I would have named it best game of the year, because honestly, it's an incredible game.

Actually, I was immensely disappointed with COD4. I'm a huge fan, and veteran, of COD2, and expected much more than what COD4 had to offer. The music in COD2 was epic, to say the least, and COD4 was average there at best. The storyline was poorly written, broken, and ended lamely (twice). Furthermore, Soap?!? What kind of name is that?

That said, my biggest gripe in COD4 was the length of the SP game. On normal it took me ~4 hours! Anyone complaining about how "short" Crysis or Bioshock was should look no further.

I would say the only improvements COD4 made over it's predecessors would be enhanced graphics, adding the ability to shoot through some walls, and the short mission where you play gunner of the AC-130 Spectre. Not nearly enough to make it "Best Shooter".

But I digress. I can't complain about an award given on Spike. If it were not already obvious the entire spectacle was setup up for $$$, just ask why they have an award for "Most Addictive Video Game Fuled By Dew"...

Spike Video Game Awards wins "Most Utterly Pointless Awards Show Ever Conceived".

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
I would of picked World In Conflict over Bioshock not that Bioshocks bad or anything