• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer and ASUS Advance in Worldwide Notebook Ranking

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Taiwan-based notebook vendors Acer and ASUSTeK Computer have both advanced one rank to become the second and eighth largest notebook vendors in the world, respectively, according to a recent IDC report. Among the top-ten worldwide vendors, Hewlett-Packard (HP), Acer and ASUSTeK were the only vendors who saw on-year growth of over 60% in the second and third quarters of this year. Acer had notebook shipments of 4.15 million units in the third quarter, surpassing Dell's 4.01 million, while ASUSTeK shipped 1.22 million notebooks. Acer adopted a new strategy in the third quarter, separating its product lines into consumer and enterprise segments. The move brought its notebook market share up to 14.2%, noted IDC. Sony dropped to ninth position in the third quarter this year while Apple and Fujitsu both strengthened their performance in the high-end market. Sony saw large losses in the high-end market and turned to push its mainstream CE series notebooks to maintain sales performance.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Dang! I'd like to see more ASUS here in India. Some of their Turion X2 TL-64 based models are too good.! three good!!

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
well - being an avid gadget freak (like most of us here) laptops have always been one of those things that I like to keep an eye on, especially gaming grade laptops

right to the point....

Asus have definitley moved up the laptop market, theyve got a whole range of latops for every type of user gamers included though they might not say directly. here in the UK Asus have a huge foot print & most laptops/other hardware sold by enthusiast shops are mainly Asus branded. graphics cards, laptops, motherboards even monitors so go Asus.

As for Acer....

I have to despute against those claims that they are moving up in the market. like Asus they also have a wide range of laptops to suit every user. I have never owned an Acer laptop nor do I know anybody that owns one. but judging by their website & the flyers they bundle in newspapers. the build quality looks second to Asus's offerings.

Acer is similar to Dell in may ways to DELL without having a big product line. Acer have mostly been about budget. hence you will only ever see/find their cheap to mid-range laptops available from shops. (that is the case here in the UK) errr..... what else about Acer?? they make TFT screens which arent too popular but then again like I mentioned before they are more based on budget rather then giving you something that looks like god made it & giving it a price to match like most manufacturers. so a very simple/basic but effective approach from Acer

I know I maybe wrong as Acer is a smaller company then most of the 'big dogs' but that is how I perceive this & therefore is my $1 on the subject. its not always easy to keep track of the progress of smaller companies unless they come into major profit & are mass producing shit as fast as Asus or Dell. I wish Acer the very best of luck & hopefully they will change their Ideology a little & head to the mind range seas instead of sticking to the low tide.

their not a bad company they just doent have any decent products to compete with

Last edited:

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu
Software sun unix/windows type v
weren't both these companies unaffected by the exploding Sony battery scandal? coincidence? no!

D

Deleted member 24505

My mate just spent £900 on a asus G1 gaming notebook.Its a 2ghz c2d/2gb ram/8600 gt m with dedicated 256mb ram/160gb hdd/1440x900 17" widescreen.Its a mighty nice notebook.It baulked a bit on crysis tho',he had to run it at all low settings.It does play most other games pretty well tho'.He got a logitech mx512 mouse with it too.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
My mate just spent £900 on a asus G1 gaming notebook.Its a 2ghz c2d/2gb ram/8600 gt m with dedicated 256mb ram/160gb hdd/1440x900 17" widescreen.Its a mighty nice notebook.It baulked a bit on crysis tho',he had to run it at all low settings.It does play most other games pretty well tho'.He got a logitech mx512 mouse with it too.

im not suprised, personally i wouldnt even of wasted my time running crysis on it. the G1 boasts a Nvidia 8600M GT - not exactly the 'GTX' of mobility cards

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

Its a good enuff thing for lans i suppose tho'

It has got this weird pci express slot thingy tho'