• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft to Compensate Xbox LIVE Members for the Network Issues

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Members who paid for Gold accounts may receive compensations for the holidays Xbox LIVE downtime. While nothing has been officially announced, a Microsoft rep said "...we will definitely be doing something for our Gold members that weren't able to get online over the last week." Microsoft still hasn't completely resolved the issue, but company's Larry Hryb reassured that "As people have noticed, we have made good progress. We have a bit more work to do, but we're doing much better now. I know some of you still may be having issues, and we're working on those."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I hope so... took me 12 hours to download a movie the other day... and then it kept on telling me I wasn't signed on to live, so when I went to test connections it says "signed off of xbox live"... I wanted to do a "wii"
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Processor i5-2500K @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Video Card(s) Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Storage 250GB Samsung EVO; 1TB WD Black
Display(s) 22" ASUS
Power Supply Rosewill Hive-650
Software Windows 8 64-bit
i couldnt play halo 3 all week(my cpu and mobo broke i wouldve been playing stuff on there) lol

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt
I could play, but it would take a while to get matches on CoD4, and my friends couldn't join my party.

Don't see why Microsoft wouldn't compensate. Any time my WoW servers go down Blizzard gives me free time.

when i was on rainbow 6 vegas it kept giving me 0 points when i won an attack and defend match and also gave us lag once or twice even tho we had good connections

also noticed my friend that wanted to join live couldnt do so for hours of trying then it suddenly worked

we should get free live or free microsoft point or a free download coz its only fair since we paid for it i doubt you could get that on the ps3 tho plus its not like you can say you paid for it on playstation network

its good microsoft take responsibility they generally are a concerned company we just usually only hear about the bad stuff ive never had a problem with microsoft and i shouldnt as they have the money to help

D

Duxx

How do u replace time when kids are all off of school. Its Winter Break.. which usually leaves 2 weeks for kids to do absolutely nothing except play video games. >.< Then this goes down. I bet kids all over the world are pissed as hell! :)

shmig

I dealt with this for four days. Just got a 360, just paid for gold membership. all i wanted to do was recover my gamertag so I wouldn't be wasting time and effort making progress in games only to start over once I had my tag.

I still want to know what was wrong. My guess: "hey, IT snatches. I know x-mas it like a couple days away and all we want to do is enjoy this break, so lets pump out these hardware upgrades so we can truly enjoy our time off". Then reality hit the fan. You cannot do upgrades then leave on break.

I guess they did say there was an upgrade, but that's about it. They also said "compensation would be, what, 13 cents a day?" Not an exact quote, but straight from the mouth of the forum moderator that eventually locked the topic because we some people were venturing off topic. No surprise, they had at least four days to amuse themselves waiting to get xbl service back. They also gave only one warning before locking it, which makes the offense that much more offensive.

It's sad that the most compensation they will give is the equivalent of that 13 cents. Since when does customer service mean giving only the bare minimum?

My x360 kept telling me it was signed off live but when i hit my guide button my friends were online.... Then when i'd go to the dashboard it wouldn't exit the XB Live loading symbol on all my tabs. I had to start games from the settings media tab, but even when the games were up i kept getting kicked out of games. Can't wait to get another card from Microsoft or time added to my account. I've got months out of these guys for having awful service.

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
My x360 kept telling me it was signed off live but when i hit my guide button my friends were online.... Then when i'd go to the dashboard it wouldn't exit the XB Live loading symbol on all my tabs. I had to start games from the settings media tab, but even when the games were up i kept getting kicked out of games. Can't wait to get another card from Microsoft or time added to my account. I've got months out of these guys for having awful service.

Pretty much what happened to me as well:banghead::banghead::banghead:

And I dont see how Microsoft is going to compensate me considering I am not going to be on live again for awhile:banghead::banghead::banghead: