• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Warner Bros. Opts for Blu-ray Exclusivity

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
Hmm maybe the early ones. Or maybe they came out with a firmware update. Because I know when they were coming out I was like WTF is wrong with them for not doing upscaling. Just googled it....it was a firmware update?

PS3 upscales movies and older games.

kwchang007

Processor C2D T7200@2 ghz vcore: .9875
Motherboard generic laptop board
Cooling fan control and antec notebook cooler
Memory 2 GBs@ 533 mhz ddr2
Video Card(s) x1400 mobile, overclocked: 526mhz core/ 882mhz ddr
Storage 120 GB@ 5400 rpm fujitsu
Display(s) 15.4" 1440x900
Audio Device(s) integrated
Software vista 32 bit home premium
PS3 upscales movies and older games.

Yeah googled it and found out it was a firmware update...not very up to date (me) :banghead:

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
Lol, you support HD DVD because MS does? Lol, can you not make descions for yourself? :laugh:

No you misunderstood me Ravenas

Microsoft may be disliked by many a person here but you still cannot doubt their influence in the world of technology. That had a large influence in my decision but it wasnt the only reason I support HD DVD.

I researched the two formats and realized that hey HD DVD is cheaper and I can get HD alot cheaper with the same quality as the other format.

Plus I didnt have to wait for the BD Java pip thing to finally come around it was already a set feature that wwas supported from the start for HD DVD.

And lets not forget that while Wile E has a point isn that the combo HD DVD's may be pointless to him but it helped me to realize that hey I can just say that I can watch it on more than one TV in my house. I can watch it on the one HDTV in our house (yes we finally got an HDTV) and if I want to watch it in our guest room on our Standard Def tv I vcan as well I wont have to buy the standard def DVD seperatley. Because remember most people have only one maybe two HDTVs in their house or none at all.

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt

Microsoft may be disliked by many a person here but you still cannot doubt their influence in the world of technology. That had a large influence in my decision but it wasnt the only reason I support HD DVD.

I researched the two formats and realized that hey HD DVD is cheaper and I can get HD alot cheaper with the same quality as the other format.

Plus I didnt have to wait for the BD Java pip thing to finally come around it was already a set feature that wwas supported from the start for HD DVD.

And lets not forget that while Wile E has a point isn that the combo HD DVD's may be pointless to him but it helped me to realize that hey I can just say that I can watch it on more than one TV in my house. I can watch it on the one HDTV in our house (yes we finally got an HDTV) and if I want to watch it in our guest room on our Standard Def tv I vcan as well I wont have to buy the standard def DVD seperatley. Because remember most people have only one maybe two HDTVs in their house or none at all.

Yeah, most houses only have one or two HDTV's so that Dual-Format of HD-DVD on one side and DVD on the other might help. But again, those are much more expensive. Luckily, I have an HDTV on all rooms so I'm good!

spacejunky

Processor Core i7 920 O.C. to 3.2 GHz
Motherboard Asus P6T V2 Deluxe
Cooling air
Memory 6GB Corsair DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 295
Storage Velociraptor + 300GB Mirror
Display(s) Gateway 30" 1600P
Case Antec 900
Power Supply Antec 650 trio
Software Vista 64bit
And also, I really want to get an HD-DVD player, but the only 2 titles that I want are the Bourne Collection and Transformers, besides that the rest of the titles that I want are on Blu-Ray.

You don't want the Matrix??
What are you a Commie?:rockout:

System Name Daedalus | O'Neill | ZPM Hive |
Processor M3 Pro (11/14) | Epyc 7402p | i5 12400F |
Motherboard Apple M3 Pro | SM H11SSL-i | TUF B660M-E D4 |
Cooling Pure Silence | Noctua NH-U12S TR4 | Noctua NH-D14 |
Memory 18GB Unified | 128GB DDR4 | 16GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) M3 Pro | RTX 4070FE (VM) | ARC A750 LE |
Storage 512GB NVME | ALOT of SSD's | 1TB NVME |
Display(s) 14" 3024x1964 | IPMI | 1440p UW |
Case Macbook Pro 14" | NZXT H510 Flow| BC1 Test Bench |
Audio Device(s) Onboard | None | Onboard |
Power Supply ~ 77w Magsafe | EVGA 750w G3 | HX1000i |
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
Software MacOS Sonoma | Proxmox 8 | Win 11 x64 |
Just saying that not everyone wants a ps3 or a console so just saying that blu ray will win is a sony fanyboy idea.

Can you put this in english please.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular

No I didn't misunderstand you at all. It's what you said and I quoted it. What you should of said is, "I like HD-DVD players because they are cheaper and get me pretty much the same thing as a Bluray player." That's what I think you are trying to say. But I still think you support HD-DVD players just because MS does. :laugh:

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
No I didn't misunderstand you at all. It's what you said and I quoted it. What you should of said is, "I like HD-DVD players because they are cheaper and get me pretty much the same thing as a Bluray player." That's what I think you are trying to say. But I still think you support HD-DVD players just because MS does. :laugh:

Even if I did support HD DVD just because Microsoft does then so what:slap:

And by the way thjeres no - in HD DVD

psefer

so you say that i support hd-dvd players?
maybe you haven't been paying attention!
i told everyone that i owe both hd-dvd and blu-ray player and i have tried them both!
so this doesn't mean that i support microsoft!
but after testing them both i found out that the hd-dvd player has much better upscaling quality than the bluray player.also a friend of mine has both toshiba hd-dvd hd-e1 and sharp bluray player and he has the same opinion!
i think that the most important thing is not the cost of the player (since you pay it once!) but quality of reproduction and the cost of bying movies (which is much more important since you pay until the end of the technology)! also consider that most of us already have a collection of dvd's and until the high definition format becomes manistream , why shouldn't we been allowed to enjoy them as well?