• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SUPER werid problem with the X800 *pics* HELP

C&C Freak 2K

I would also like to note that Dell cases are completely encased in plastic, which makes them excellent insulators of heat.

C&C Freak 2K said:
I would also like to note that Dell cases are completely encased in plastic, which makes them excellent insulators of heat.

umm, yeah......... its not overheating i have one fan sucking air in the the Artic cooler 4 blowing air out. EVEN if the case is open its still F'ed up

syl

Read somewhere this is a programming bug that Ubisoft is aware of. Simple workaround - go into Advance Options under Video Options in the game menu and change Shadow Quality setting to Medium. Hope this helps.

syl said:
Read somewhere this is a programming bug that Ubisoft is aware of. Simple workaround - go into Advance Options under Video Options in the game menu and change Shadow Quality setting to Medium. Hope this helps.

SYL you are the man! I am now running at 1280x1024, Very High settings (shadow on low) With no funky colors!!!!! :)

The map that really had alot of problmes was boat.cry. I loaded it up with the new settings and did a benchmark using fraps hitting the button right when i got off the boat getting to land, here are my results

Min: 45
Max: 130
Avg: 73.75

;) :D

Lozza

System Name Heap O' Junk
Processor AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe
Cooling Gigabyte G-Power Pro
Memory 2GB (2 x 1GB) G.Skill ZX
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT
Storage 2x250GB RAID0 7200.10 Seagate & 160GB WD Caviar SE
Display(s) 24" LCD
Case Thermaltake Lanfire Xaser III
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 2 Platinum ex
Power Supply Silverstone Zeus ST75ZF
Software Dual boot vista/xp pro
man i wish i could afford a graphics card like that :rolleyes:

Shooter_one

Does your new card show 16 pipes..? I run farcry with about your setup and everything on High. have had no problems. My PcMark04 is 4338 and all settings are stock..

horvatbe

Please I beg you install patch 1.3 for Far Cary and the problem is solved, I had the same stuff went carzy looking for a solution since I have modded my card to an XT, but dooooooode just simply install the patch and problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qwerty

try turning off AA, or lowering it, but putting the patch on sounds like the best idea, espcialy since on the new patch they changed the way all the pixel shaders work.

My measly 2600xp+, 1 gig of ram 9600 runs it at full spec and full aa (10x7) with no problems yours should'nt have that type of error.

Qwerty