• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Becomes Largest Purchaser of Green Power in the U.S.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
The whole reason Intel is doing this crap in the first place is because too many of you gullible ignoramuses bought into Algore's political propaganda flick. Intel knows that you'll buy more of their products when you hear this news. Of course it's marketing. Intel is not a non-profit organization. As far as polluting Asia is concerned, don't bitch to Intel. It's not Intel's, nor America's job to create environmental policies for Taiwan, China, or India.

Okay let me make sense of this: Intel can pollute Asia (irrespective of environmental policies of Asian countries not stopping them from doing so) and wear an angel's gown in the US telling "Oh we're sooo green"? I'm not bitching at Intel for polluting Asia, just telling that Intel is not green, when you look at a global picture. Regarding America, yes it's a cleaner country now, and greener too (green as in environment) while the other green (economy) is on a decline because of this manufacturing outsource to Asia.

Dangle

System Name Vista
Processor Q6600
Memory 2GB Corsair 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Storage 300GB 7.2kRPM Seagate for OS; 74GB 10kRPM WD for Games
Audio Device(s) XFi
Power Supply 750W
Okay let me make sense of this: Intel can pollute Asia (irrespective of environmental policies of Asian countries not stopping them from doing so) and wear an angel's gown in the US telling "Oh we're sooo green"? I'm not bitching at Intel for polluting Asia, just telling that Intel is not green, when you look at a global picture. Regarding America, yes it's a cleaner country now, and greener too (green as in environment) while the other green (economy) is on a decline because of this manufacturing outsource to Asia.
Btarunr. I absolutely agree with you. Intel is NOT green. They are just playing all of the environmental wackos in this country for the idiots that they are. They're buying into this carbon credit scam to make themselves look better. This country is all about image and pop culture. If we get that drama-queen hillary clinton in the whitehouse, i can see our country going to absolute shiite!

Our economy is down because the feds cant control their Funning spending, George bush is fighting this war like a bloody liberal (EXPENSIVE!!!!), and we keep funding arab oil when we have our OWN that we can drilL!!!! We have nuclear technology! - USE IT!!!

America, yes it's a cleaner country now, and greener too (green as in environment) while the other green (economy) is on a decline because of this manufacturing outsource to Asia.
We can thank the libs for both.

System Name Not named
Processor Intel 8700k @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Assassin II
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15
Video Card(s) Zotac 1080 Ti AMP EXTREME
Storage Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) 24" Dell IPS 1920x1200
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Watt Fully Modular
Wow we certainly have someone anti-liberal here.... how about for once we stop blaming and realize that everyones essentially at fault for the environmental issues. On a side note though, so what if intel is just doing it for the marketing purposes? Marketing and a positive appearance to consumers can be a powerful driving tool towards positive change.

Dangle

System Name Vista
Processor Q6600
Memory 2GB Corsair 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Storage 300GB 7.2kRPM Seagate for OS; 74GB 10kRPM WD for Games
Audio Device(s) XFi
Power Supply 750W
realize that everyones essentially at fault for the environmental issues.
What - global warming? lol give me a break. If global warming is real, it's mainly caused by burning fossil fuels - Right? Why do we burn fossil fuels? Because the liberals bitched about nuclear after watching, The China Syndrome. You do know they get all of their knowledge and talking points from movies, and The Daily Show, right?

because of the liberals, we're burning coal, stuck in Iraq, and buying gasoline from the arabs.

On a side note though, so what if intel is just doing it for the marketing purposes?
Yea, so what. They can do whatever the fun they want. If they want to take advantage of the stupidity of liberals, more power to them. I'm going to continue giving them my money because of their products, not because of their PR/Image.

Marketing and a positive appearance to consumers can be a powerful driving tool towards positive change.
So, basically you're telling me that it's OK to do a greedy deed, if something positive comes out of it somewhere? You won't find a conservative that disagrees with you there:toast:

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
want to cure pollution go after the oil companies. Right now we could run off of water with a hydrogen seperator in place of a fuel injection manifold, yet we don't because of pay offs. I'm working right now on implementing Hydrogen power with a simple 1 cylinder gasoline engine, it burns hotter and thats my only problem, that and the impurties in water such as minerals. I did actully get one running for a very short time but the deposits clogged the injector.

Well now yall know my hobby, dont tell the oil compaines, but one day i intend to be rich :D