• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] "Last of a Dying breed" "Single Core"

Darth_Pewee

System Name 1st Phenom...
Processor AMD Phenom X3 8450 oc'd to 2.4
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Cooling Stock +1 80mm in rear
Memory 2x Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 2900HD Pro
Storage 250GB
Display(s) Samsung 32" TV
Case Meh...
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Thermaltake 600w
Software Win7 Ultimate
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Okay, its not really impressive, but it has a 2.66GHz Intel Northwood core. sitting on an Intel 845GEBV2 or something like that, it has a straight ATI x1600 AGP with 512 for RAM. I have a gig of Samsung pc3200 RAM.. lets see a Maxtor Maxline III 300GB hard disk.. (that was before they became worthless stupid segate)

Mods:
lets see.. i have added cold cathodes in the case for some nice light.. they are light purple.. and they look pretty cool.. i have added a switch to the front of the case to control the fans there are only 3 extra fans on the chassis 1 in the back one on the side one on the front.. and they are all shut off with the switch.. the switch also shuts off the front LEDs... i leave my computer running at night, and don't like it lighting up the whole room when i sleep

Update: performed some cable management.. please feel free to critique it

i am looking for anyone with comments, i would like to see what the pros think i should do to it... also, if anyone can help me with the re-wiring of the power inverter for the cold cathodes, i would like to make the switch a two way toggle like i have for the fans and LEDs any help greatly appreciated..

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jo1lygrngiant

Hi there, Personally, I would change the way your hard drive, is fitted. IE turn it round, so the cables come out of the front. This makes cable management start to look tidier.

Where the inverter is, could that not be placed on the other side of the hard drive bays?

Cut some holes in the motherboard tray, for easier cable routing.

Have you considered cable sleeving?, also if possible, lengthen some of the fan cables, and route them in the side channels of the case.

With some better cable management, to increase air flow, you've a nice looking pc on your hands. :)

Take care for now

be safe

JGG

Oops.. forgot to vote (4/10), with better cable management (6/10)

System Name NOS
Processor Core Extreme QX6850
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling VANTEC STING RAY CPU Block, 3x120mm fan's with Radiator, Seltz 1200lt/h
Memory 4GB Crucial Ballistix 1066MHz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) PCI-express ATI Radeon HD2900XT 1GB DDR4 512bits
Storage 5 HD's 160GB SATAII Seagate ST3860815AS 7200.10
Display(s) LG 22'' model 22LS4R
Case 3Rsystem's R810 with mod's for watercooler system
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX II
Power Supply ULTRA X3 1000W modular PSU
Software WINXP PRO SP3 x86
WTFCK mess it is, man u need to review u rig and think about builting a casemod rig, follow the Jo1lygrngiant tips and be well.

bye

4/10 for u

Darth_Pewee

Storage 250GB
Case Meh...
Software Win7 Ultimate
WTFCK mess it is, man u need to review u rig and think about builting a casemod rig, follow the Jo1lygrngiant tips and be well.

bye

4/10 for u

It is WIP... as soon as i can get something that can cut metal i will be balls deep in this thing.. but until then im just kind of planning things out for it.. looking at what i will need for extra cables and such...

Thanks for the ideas guys.. and please by all means keep them coming,

as an update this morning, i have moved the cathode inverter to the bottom of the 5 and 1/2 inch area.. it is hidden and out of the way now, i also to the giants idea, and flipped the hard drive around.. Thanks a million for that one, looks so much better, will post new pics when i get a tin snips..

J

Jo1lygrngiant

well done DP. Dont bother with tin snips.. Most modders, use a dremel, or cheaper brand. With the amount of accessories available for them, chances are, you may not need another tool..

If your stuck regarding where to put wires to hide em etc.. after extending the fan leads, what i tend to use, is glue dots. Come in a packet, on a roll, and i place them out of view, and the cables get glued to that. Easy to move around if needed ;)

be safe

JGG

Darth_Pewee

Storage 250GB
Case Meh...
Software Win7 Ultimate
well done DP. Dont bother with tin snips.. Most modders, use a dremel, or cheaper brand. With the amount of accessories available for them, chances are, you may not need another tool..

If your stuck regarding where to put wires to hide em etc.. after extending the fan leads, what i tend to use, is glue dots. Come in a packet, on a roll, and i place them out of view, and the cables get glued to that. Easy to move around if needed ;)

be safe

JGG

Thats a pretty good idea... i'll have to see if the hardware store has one... Thx

Darth

Processor i5-2500K @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Video Card(s) Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Storage 250GB Samsung EVO; 1TB WD Black
Display(s) 22" ASUS
Power Supply Rosewill Hive-650
Software Windows 8 64-bit
I voted 8/10 because:

8/10, has a lot of potential, a hell of a lot better than mine XD

Darth_Pewee

Storage 250GB
Case Meh...
Software Win7 Ultimate
Hi there, Personally, I would change the way your hard drive, is fitted. IE turn it round, so the cables come out of the front. This makes cable management start to look tidier.

Where the inverter is, could that not be placed on the other side of the hard drive bays?

Cut some holes in the motherboard tray, for easier cable routing.

Have you considered cable sleeving?, also if possible, lengthen some of the fan cables, and route them in the side channels of the case.

With some better cable management, to increase air flow, you've a nice looking pc on your hands. :)

Take care for now

be safe

JGG

Oops.. forgot to vote (4/10), with better cable management (6/10)

well did some cable management the other day.. hope you all can get the idea.. i only have a camera phone, so pics are hard to take.. please keep the critiquing coming i enjoy every bit of it..

THX for all the help guys, this machine i think has taken a very good turn down the road to lookin' good

System Name Hogan's Crap
Processor Intel i3-2120 Crap!
Motherboard Dell POS Crap!
Cooling Stock Crap!
Memory 4 GB Kingston DDR3 10600 Crap!
Video Card(s) Stock Crap!
Storage 500 GB 5400 rpm Crap!
Software Windows 10 64bit
Ahhhhh..... my eyes! Wow that is bright. Everything has been said already. So I'll shut up. Got alot of potental. 5/10 for now. Can't wait to see it updated.

-Hogan