• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ZOTAC Watercools GeForce 9800 GTX+ , Names it ZONE Edition

robspierre6

Just for the record and the sake of accuracy (as opposed to fanboi...ism).....the 9800GTX+ is also actually a die shrink from 65nm to 55nm firstly, secondly it runs considerably cooler than the 4850, thirdly is tends to overclock a little better, ohhhh and fourthly it beats the 4850 in most benches, certainly at the most popular resolutions :p.....however, IMO the 4850 is def the better bang for buck and unless someone already has an SLi board and will be looking to SLi in the future.....the 4850 is the only way to go!

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/731/1/

Legitreview? I would call it nvidiaview.
Check at techreport/tomshardware then tell me what do you think.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Realy,and what's wrong with the 3800 series 3800 series?
The 4870 competes directly with the 280gtx.
yet not talking about nvidia's cheap quality.

:laugh:

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk

robspierre6

We're all done talking to a troll/delusional person. Bye.

Listen guru,you get different numbers from different sites.
i consider: guru3d,legitreview,tweaktown,newseeker,xtremesystems,bjorn3d.... unreliable sites.
I get my reviews from techreport and tomshardware.
You are a nvidia fanboi.you keep posting your comments supporting nvidia in every single thread.
I don't give a shit about what you think or what you consider right.
When you talk with someone,don't talk like an angry dog.post your opinion and support it with clean facts,if you can.

Processor Celeron 430 (Conroe-L)
Motherboard ASUS Rampage Formula
Cooling Water, Zalman Reserator XT
Memory Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 DDR2-1000
Video Card(s) Visiontek 2600 PRO
Storage Maxtor Maxline 3, more Maxtors
Display(s) Acer P243w 24"
Case Aspire X-Navigator ATXA9N-BK
Audio Device(s) Mbox
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 750w
Software Protools and a bunch of racing games...
What reviews are these? All the ones I have seen put the two about neck and neck at stock. With the 9800GTX+ running cooler and overclocking better.

Can you show me some reviews otherwise?

The latest review done on this very site puts the 9800GTX(no +) within 2% of the HD4850 overall.

there is a review on anandtech that shows the two cards going back and forth, each card winning half, but with the 4850 winning by more than 2% on average (more than 10 fps on some games). And having lower power consumption. So i stand corrected, there is atleast one review i know of that shows a clear advantage going to AMD while showing that the cards are still very comparable.

robspierre6

Rob, first of all, welcome to TPU. Second of all, IMO and my Opinion only (not speaking for the site), while one is certainly entitled to their opinions here (and encouraged), there are certain things not advisable right from the start:

1) Never get into a pissing contest with the mods (especially Dan). You WILL lose. (Love you Dan!);)

2) Never question W1zzard OR the Tattyone. They are not only Godlike and respected, but should never be questioned openly. Period.

3) Be a member of TPU long enough to earn some respect and prove yourself before attacking the "knowledgeable ones" in an open setting IF EVER. PM's are the way to question folks without ruffling feathers. With that said, again, I personally would like to extend again a most sincere welcome to TPU.

Disorder,firstly-don't talk like a dog when you can talk like a gentle person.
seconfly-i don't give a shit about who you or that guru is.
thirdly,i don't consider it a fight as you do.Its an argument.the one who "wins" is the one who can support his opinion with straight clean facts.
From different sites you get different reviews and numbers.
I have the 4870 and i know how it performs, cuz i do also have a 8800gt.
BTW,nobody asked any help from you.why do you appear and respond on behalf of the "knowledgeable" ones.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Disorder,firstly-don't talk like a dog when you can talk like a gentle person.
seconfly-i don't give a shit about who you or that guru is.
thirdly,i don't consider it a fight as you do.Its an argument.the one who "wins" is the one who can support his opinion with straight clean facts.
From different sites you get different reviews and numbers.
I have the 4870 and i know how it performs, cuz i do also have a 8800gt.
BTW,nobody asked any help from you.why do you appear and respond on befalf of the "knowledgeable" ones.

i'm not sure where this started, but i'll say two things

1. never go to a place where you are new, and argue with the top dogs. they will just ban you.

2. flaming is not tolerated here - NEITHER of you should degenerate into ARGUING. he who yells loudest, is often the most ignorant.

an educated person who knows the truth can get it out in one post, if they sit there re-iterating the same thing over and over against all other evidence, they're not 'winning' they're being a fool.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V Evo
Cooling Xigmatek HDT S1283
Memory 4GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3
Video Card(s) GigaByte Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4
Storage WD Caviar Black 640GB, Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster F2380M
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy ES 5.1
Power Supply Corsair VX550
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64
Just for the record and the sake of accuracy (as opposed to fanboi...ism).....the 9800GTX+ is also actually a die shrink from 65nm to 55nm firstly, secondly it runs considerably cooler than the 4850, thirdly is tends to overclock a little better, ohhhh and fourthly it beats the 4850 in most benches, certainly at the most popular resolutions :p.....however, IMO the 4850 is def the better bang for buck and unless someone already has an SLi board and will be looking to SLi in the future.....the 4850 is the only way to go!

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/731/1/

However it's louder and consuming more than 4850. Ohh, and it's obsolote.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk

O and E aren't close together on the keyboard.....

and how is it "obsolote"? You fail, again.

O and E aren't close together on the keyboard.....

and how is it "obsolote"? You fail, again.

I don't fail, you fail, always.

No dx10.1, no tesselation.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
I don't fail, you fail, always.

No dx10.1, no tesselation.

dx 10.1 bwahahahaha and :laugh: at dx 10 in general

When there's something useful, let me know. Tessellation has two Ls and won't be important for a little while, I feel. Just like "OMGZ it haz dx10.1 that runs slower and looks the same as 9 OMGZ it's teh awesome". Get off M$'s cock.

dx 10.1 bwahahahaha and :laugh: at dx 10 in general

When there's something useful, let me know. Tessellation has two Ls and won't be important for a little while, I feel. Just like "OMGZ it haz dx10.1 that runs slower and looks the same as 9 OMGZ it's teh awesome". Get off M$'s cock.

Dx11 requires tessellation, so i don't think it's an unimportant feature.
Buy your outdated nv hardware and troll elsewhere you fucking nvidiot.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64

I agree totally which is why I said in my opinion the 4850 is the only way to go, I was meerly pointing out some facts that I felt were omitted from what seemed a slightly biased post, not biased because I thought it was fanboism but I beleive strongly that if we choose not to take any particular sides in a discussion then we should attempt to point out all the strengths as well as all the weaknesses.

TBH, personally I dont know whats with this 9800GTX+ cr*p, without the + the card 4 months ago was meerly a finer tune of an existing stop gap (albeit fairly decent) lineup, with the + 4 months on, apart from the die shrink and increased clocks it makes the green corner seem "patchy" in their marketing approach, thing is, in the UK, they are not much cheaper than the GTX260, if the + was around 40% cheaper it may have a niche but I agree with you......as it stands, IMO it is obselete.

Not sure what this godlike stuff is!........anyone in these forums is allowed to disagree and state their opinions.....thats encouraged and healthy, it's when it becomes a little too personal (such as the couple of posts above this one) it becomes un-healthy.......I dont think Rob was attacking anyone, certainly not origionally and we should encourage our newer members to have opinions and state them, whilst doing so in a "friendly" envoirnment and manner that is TPU!

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
Dx11 requires tessellation, so i don't think it's an unimportant feature.
Buy your outdated nv hardware and troll elsewhere you fucking nvidiot.

Get off your crashing ATI 9800 series card and you can buy my "outdated" card. Facts are facts. Dx 10 is a joke (I didn't say anything about 11, but opengl always wins anyway :))
When dx11 comes out and games use it, do you think you or I are going to be using a current gen Nvidia or ATI card? You guys love to get :nutkick:

Get off your crashing ATI 9800 series card and you can buy my "outdated" card. Facts are facts. Dx 10 is a joke (I didn't say anything about 11, but opengl always wins anyway :))
When dx11 comes out and games use it, do you think you or I are going to be using a current gen Nvidia or ATI card? You guys love to get :nutkick:

Dx10 is not a joke, developers don't utilize it's capabilities because of consoles and lot of crap dx10 nv hardware on the market (the gtx200 series is much better in dx10 than g80/g92).
Thanks, i don't want a nvidia card again, i'm fine with my hd3870 and next time i will buy an ati card again.

threadlock plz?

WAAAAYYYYY Too much BS from both Nvidiots and AMDTIdiots. Take the arguement elsewhere. Where the hell are the mods to keep things in check...?

robspierre6

Great.

Legitreview?
I don't get any of my review from them.simply because they post some strange numbers.
Does anybody here get his review from techreport-tomshardware-anandtech?
From different sites you get different review.
somebody tell me, where from to get reliable reviews.

Processor E5-1680 V2
Motherboard Rampage IV black
Video Card(s) Asrock 7900 xtx
Storage 500 gb sd
Software windows 10 64 bit
Benchmark Scores 29,433 3dmark06 score
well now...

ok, I admit to taking the blame for this thread degenerating into pure anger and I would have to think unacceptable swearing and dropping the f bomb even in some threads (that must be against the rules no?) Plus it's just childish and is the absolute antithesis of civil discourse. Sorry that may sound pompous in its' phrasing for a tech thread but it's the best way I can put it, BUT again I do apologize for admittedly shooting back from the hip at this robspierre dude but I just feel he took the first shot and was way out of line, I simply think people are seriously underestimating the whole g92 core and at the same time putting down the 280 as well as this argument dragged on! So to me that says they simply have a disdain for nvidia it's not even about the 9800gtx+ watercooled edition anymore...and that=ati fanboi'ism in my opinion...

if you think the gtx+ sucks fine say it but if it sucks so bad why do we need all these people putting all this effort and "facts" and plain anger in their posts to prove it...if the card is that bad or even just mediocre and the ati is superior, you could calmly state that in a few sentences and be done with it no? The card's performance would speak for itself...

robspierre6

ok, I admit to taking the blame for this thread degenerating into pure anger and I would have to think unacceptable swearing and dropping the f bomb even in some threads (that must be against the rules no?) Plus it's just childish and is the absolute antithesis of civil discourse. Sorry that may sound pompous in its' phrasing for a tech thread but it's the best way I can put it, BUT again I do apologize for admittedly shooting back from the hip at this robspierre dude but I just feel he took the first shot and was way out of line, I simply think people are seriously underestimating the whole g92 core and at the same time putting down the 280 as well as this argument dragged on! So to me that says they simply have a disdain for nvidia it's not even about the 9800gtx+ watercooled edition anymore...and that=ati fanboi'ism in my opinion...

if you think the gtx+ sucks fine say it but if it sucks so bad why do we need all these people putting all this effort and "facts" and plain anger in their posts to prove it...if the card is that bad or even just mediocre and the ati is superior, you could calmly state that in a few sentences and be done with it no? The card's performance would speak for itself...

I didn't say that the card is bad.The card is a great card for the price.I just mntioned the 4850 which at techreport/tomshardware/anandtech, beats the 9800gtx/gtx+ in every single game,even in nvidia's crysis and costs less money.
It was you who attacked me with your angry words.And calling someone a fanboi because he supports ATI is not a good way to discuss things.You are the fanboi here.
Have you even tried to check a different site?
calling people nuts and BS is what you did,didn't you?
Lets keep it unbiased and enjoy the discussion.
i think that we need a reliable site to get our numbers and infos from.
Any suggestion is strongly appreciated.

Last edited:
Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
I didn't say that the card is bad.The card is a great card for the price.I just mntioned the 4850 which at techreport/tomshardware/anandtech, beats the 9800gtx/gtx+ in every single game,even in nvidia's crysis and costs less money.
It was you who attacked me with your angry words.And calling someone a fanboi because he supports ATI is not a good way to discuss things.You are the fanboi here.
Have you even tried to check a different site?
calling people nuts and BS is what you did,didn't you?
Lets keep it unbiased and enjoy the discussion.
i think that we need a reliable site to get our numbers and infos from.
Any suggestion is strongly appreciated.

wins in crysis? :wtf:

I want some of what you're smoking.

robspierre6

DX10 was meant to be DX10.1.with a single path for aa processing ,overall increase in performance by improving the effeciency of the gpu "by using more of the available processing power" about 30% improve in performance with aa enabled over DX10 and tessellation.
so,you think DX10.1 is an unmportant feature huh?
Where do you get your infos from?

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Legitreview? I would call it nvidiaview.
Check at techreport/tomshardware then tell me what do you think.

It's easy to find some reviews that suit your/mine/anybody's argument.....so if you call Legit NVidiaview then I suppose you would call the ones you linked what? Here is one from BJorn3d....kinda says the same as Legit........

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1297&pageID=5020

As I said, reviews use different settings, different CPU's at different speeds and as importantly....different resolutions so you will always get some that say different, point is, the GTX+ does beat the 4850 in most things....not all, and not by all reviewers, it just depends what CPU and screen res you are running it at I suppose.