• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VIA Readying Dual-Core Nano Processor

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
+1 this is totally 1337 i mean wow via is coming up fast now if only they can hold their position :D

hopefully this can kickstart a 3 horse race in the CPU areas and add a buket load of competition to both AMD and Intel. Go VIA, go!

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Thanks for the link swaaye.

So it seems P-M still wins, until dual core Nanos and Atoms are released... By Xmas, I wonder if Intel will have finally sorted abd supplied the low power chipset for the Atom?

I wonder what an underclocked ULV Core 2 would look like on a similar benchmark comparison.

Processor 2500K @ 4.5GHz 1.28V
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600 9-9-9-24 1T
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 470
Storage Crucial m4 128GB + Seagate RAID 1 (1TB x 2)
Display(s) Dell 22" 1680x1050 nothing special
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W
Software Windows 7 64bit Pro
still pointing out that the atom is outperformed enough that the Via beats it in the power consumption arena.

and the sarcastic BS comment about how smart i am? really what are you 3? your argueing with someone who has posted shitloads more than you and has 200 times as many thanked posts?

oh and were are the 3D benches? just wondering if you can support that claim yet

I for one agree that the whole Atom processor is way overpriced and the whole netbook movement (while being the same price as my Acer EX5620-4025 which I also use to rip movies on the road and play legacy games on) seems to be an overpriced hype. Sure my laptop loses its charge in 3hrs 30 min. but I can always find an outlet. But to say that you have so much more experience or intelligence because you have so many more posts than someone who has been around here for so much longer than you is fucking retarded. Perhaps I'll be removed finally for being so vulgar but people like you piss me off when they feel they should be so highly renowned for simply spouting out more shit than the rest. I for one only chime in when I feel I either should correct a gross error or misconception by someone on these forums, or that I can add some insight that otherwise would not be brought to the attention of original poster. I for one am smarter than you.... an IQ test will verify that. Sorry for the confrontational tone of my post, but I really do tire of the attitude of people on here feeling superior for having more posts whether they are fruitful or not (WOW OMG!!! get the point?)